The Final Boss! - Real Madrid News, Updates & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And this is the important part, it's like being spoilt, some clubs are out there running around with the (no disrespect) McTominays of this world and some of our fans are thinking, Toni Kross......meh

Deep Pal, Shay Z, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How did we manage to not control the midfield against good teams during those CLs with a CM juggernaut like Kroos?

My affection for Kroos is because hes a historical winner and he looks like a dream playing football. But its precisely his aesthetics makes people confound it with effectiveness. His press resistance and play dictating was never world class. But he has a winner mentality and stylishness that epitomizes Madrid. Look good even if youre not, fight to the end even if you are outplayed, and the rewards will come.

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Interesting that for all the flaws some find on the man

he’s been a catalyst at Bayern, Madrid, and Germany winning trophies. Picked by every world class manager he ever had.

He must be good at tricking people

Deep Pal, Digital, Raul-7 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or Luka, or Isco, or Cama, or Tchou, or Fede, or Case, or Jude or a number of them together even? yes, if that's the angle it's shocking that Toni couldn't pull that off all on his own, i need to watch one "WC" player controlling the midfield on his own against the best teams, who should i watch...

5. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who he won trophies with and which manager picked him has nothing to do with what I said.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Has everything to do with it since you are downplaying his impact and making it sound like he is just a cool stylish player. He is a winner because he’s damn good at what he does and makes a difference in the game

top managers at the top clubs have all seen that, it’s just here that somehow a player like Kroos is under appreciated

7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He might be damn good at what he does, but thats not dictating play and press resistance. He is damn good at starting a counterattack with a vertical pass, switching play with long balls, set pieces, shooting and he's got a bunch of intangibles like leadership etc. Thats more than enough for managers to pick him and to win titles when there are bunch of other great players with him. But it has nothing to do with control of the game.

You realize its ok that there are people who don't think hes perfect. Nobody is.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He’s not perfect and he had some years where he looked uninterested, coincided with the years that we didn’t win. But the idea that we were better without him and that he needed to be dropped was silly. His positive value far outweighed his negative impact

and midfield control involves more than one guy. Yes he’s the catalyst of that, but the players receiving the ball also have to be able to maintain possession and we simply couldn’t do that vs City which is the main example

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course we are not better without him, but thats not the question, rather who are we (well would have been) better with instead of him? And yes yes I know someone would come instantly saying "how many trophies we should have won, six instead of five" or whatever. Thats not the point here, its controlling the tempo of the game. Again its all perfectly fine if you don't care about controlling the tempo of the game and/or you think there are better ways to win, but then don't present Kroos as some kind of orchestra conductor because he was simply not that.

btw its not only vs City. We have struggled with imposing passing schemes upon the opponent and patterns of possession which are meaningful (that is keeping and progressing the ball at the same time) for a long time and under different coaches. Kroos also played with a range of teammates, however he was always the designated deep playmaker, so out of the entire midfield if we can't control the game, he has to be the most responsible one.

The interesting thing about Kroos is that he is a perfect example how having great vision and technique in a vacuum doesn't mean you are a truly goat level passer because there are other things there such as coordination, anticipation, movement without the ball, angles, accuracy under pressure etc. Kroos is a very good, even great passer but I am pretty convinced its his style that makes people think hes goat level. He is just nice to watch.

10. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Kroos isn’t press resistant and cannot control games?!

Has one of us been watching table tennis all these years or are we all talking about the same sport?

arcane, Shay Z, PigBenis and 7 others repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He's not perfect but he's pretty damn close to having perfected his role on the field.

Deep Pal and RoadMan repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club drastically raised prices on merch this year. I've been buying shirts and merch for our titles for an eternity but this season was the first time i said no.

RoadMan repped this.
  13. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who would you say is a better player than Kroos when it comes to dictating the tempo of a game? Suppose you could call it the deep lying playmaker.

As you don’t think Kroos is any good at it I expect there will be a long list of names

J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You must have reading comprehension issues since I didn't say Kroos is not any good.

15. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You said

Therefore, in your opinion, Kroos is not good at dictating play.

So I asked, since Kroos is no good at it, who in your opinion is good at dictating?

What reading comprehension issue am I having here exactly?

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You implied I said Kroos is no good, not that I said he is not good at dictating. Nice backtracking there but whatever. Who dictates play well? Verratti and Lobotka are my favorites in that area. Would we have been better with one of them instead of Kroos? Who knows, probably not. But you can also go away completely from the attempt to dictate play with Kroos for more defensive solidity or scoring or whatever. Its just hypotheticals.

18. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where?

Or are you having some issues with your reading comprehension. No backtrack necessary you just totally misread or misunderstood my question

Shit examples btw

Same guy who said Madrid fans should start singing Hey Jude, great idea dude they’ve only been doing that all season.

19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes also the same guy that likes Balotelli. Now ******** off.

Bear Crotch and 4x4s repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol, that's a snappy response. :D

Deep Pal, Doni and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Wtf

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's odd how they say Mbappe doesn't track back or work.... yet he immediately sat at LB to allow Theo Hernandez to make a run (which he messed up because he didn't release the pass).

Mbappe stayed at LB till Theo came back to take his spot.

Mbappe btw has been playing centrally at striker.

Deep Pal, russian hattie and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019