The fight against modern Soccer(football)

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by vifvaf, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things are not always what you might think it is CCSUltra

2. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    No one cares aboute the clus that do not reach the end of CL or the European cup ???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have no idea what the clubs mean to the lokals Auriaprottu ?

3. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  4. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBCN-dPBHvo"]Feta kibiców - Lech Pozna? - Mistrz Polski 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4L17YXR3a4"]Chegada do autocarro do Benfica campeao 2009 - 2010 / Festa Louca - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

Are someone starting to understand?

Show me this type of videoes and pics from USA and i will admit that you might get some of it CCSUltra. Give me someting. All you comment on is the hooligans and some small issues. Flares , balaklavaes , chants , movements , demos , riot police , streets marches etc is not new now.
    This is how it is is. People demonstrate on what they think is wrong.
    Just see what is going on in your own country.

5. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What don't I get? You couldn't be quiet during a message after a player nearly died? For ********'s sake, is it that hard to just stop for 2 minutes?

The fact that you couldn't is offensive to that player. I'd love to hear you explain this.

Or maybe you're too busy signing about Hamas to even notice...

6. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  7. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newcastle doesn't seem to have problem selling tickets. They are 4th n the PL with an average of 46,111 out of 52,339 capacity. I'd imagine that this is a case of wanting the money upfront and padding the attendance for some of the less attractive fixtures while scoring points with the most loyal fans. At the prices they charge in the PL, 88% capacity isn't bad, plus this only applies to existing season ticket holders. It's not as if you could take the ferry over and buy a ticket at that price.

8. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  9. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSShidFxsdo&feature=player_embedded#"]The Presumption of Justice | Trailer - YouTube[/ame]!

10. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  11. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Come on, man. I didn't say no one cared enough to go out and participate in a mass celebration. It does look like everyone is having a good time.

But why are these young ladies playing with dangerous fireworks?

13. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I know, just had to point out that clubs that do not reach longer than the quarter final in CL or Europa cup have a large number of followers to. And if people over seas or on the other side of our planet do not follow them they still deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.
    As i said i think club should play on as equal terms as possible . It will last longer to. ;)

Who would suspect a female ultras? would you?
    [​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

14. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    football is not for us in the stands

The massive spectator failure Viking and other league clubs are experiencing is completely natural. If you treat people like shit, you get nothing back. Now "the " big bosses"" can just sit there with their loss there with, while the clubs are struggling with budget redder than Santa Claus.

Can anyone tell me what changes this season that has been aimed at us stand people? You can not think of anything? No wonder - the tall men do not care about us. We are not important - not until we begin to disappear.

http://fotball.adressa.no/blogg/hans_petter_jorgensen/article213284.ece

15. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  16. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/mcsf/FCUnited_Moston_A5.FINAL_LOW.pdf

THE FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS' FEDERATION

FOOTBALL - OUR GAME!
    "I tifosi sono il cuore di calcio (the fans are the heart of football)." John Charles, forward for Wales, Swansea Town, Leeds United, Juventus, Roma, Cardiff City, Hereford United and Merthyr Tydfil. La Stampa, October 1960.

Football in Britain is at a crossroads. Financially, the game's never been better off. It's never had more committed followers both at home and overseas. Yet never have so many clubs been on the brink of financial extinction, nor has the game been so ridden by short-sightedness and self-interest. It's time to act.
    The Blueprint calls for:

1. The strengthening of strong, independent, unified and co-ordinated governance of the game in England & Wales with appropriate co-ordination and co-operation between the Football Association, Football Association of Wales and the leagues.

2. Enhanced revenue sharing and redistribution to support the development of football’s playing and coaching infrastructure, improved grounds and other spectator facilities and to promote competition on the field at all levels.

3. Minimum standards of governance, administration and financial control for all clubs to be enforced by the governing body in co-operation with the leagues as a condition of membership and league entry, including an appropriately enforced and managed prospective “owners’ & directors’ test” for all persons owning ten percent or more of the authorised and issued share capital or directing a football club.

4. The passage through Parliament and the National Assembly for Wales of Sports Acts granting governing bodies appropriate and sufficient authority to properly regulate and manage their sports subject to minimum standards of transparency, accountability and fairness having particular regard to the impact of domestic and European competition and employment law on sport.

5. A review of the scope and terms of reference of independent appeals panels and commissions in consultation with supporters to ensure that such panels/commissions may only make decisions which accord with the rules and policies of the league or association from which the appeal originates.

6. The development of clear legally enforceable rules to prevent clubs selling or moving from grounds without the explicit prior agreement of their supporters and another ground being developed on a site acceptable to the fans of that club. Consultation on such moves shall be by properly supervised secret ballot after a period of debate and discussion amongst all stakeholders in the club including fans. Those eligible to vote and other matters associated with such consultation to be set out in an enforceable code of conduct covering proposed ground move.

7. Amendments to the law in England & Wales to permit safe standing areas in accordance with established safety criteria and management established by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority at stadia where clubs and their supporters so wish such areas.

8. A reduction to frequent fixture changes to suit television or policing.

9. Prior consultation with supporters on broadcasting contracts to ensure a fair deal for the match going fan and an end to TV “overkill”.

10. A better deal for away fans with an end to discriminatory pricing and away fan bans, including fans travelling abroad for national team and club matches.

11. Improved ticket allocations for international tournaments.

12. A comprehensive review of the structure of all domestic league and cup competitions and the structure of the season involving supporters at every stage.

13. Consultation with supporters on the structure of all European and international club and national team competitions and how they relate to domestic competitions.

14. Engagement with and involvement of supporters in initiatives to combat racism, xenophobia and homophobia on the field and in the stands.

15. An end to discriminatory treatment of away supporters in terms of ticket prices and allocations in both domestic and international competitions and club levels.

16. The development of a regular TV free midweek evenings with no live broadcasts of Premier League, Football League, Champions League or Europa League games to encourage live attendance.

17. An end to the constant above inflation increase in ticket prices, particularly for lower priced tickets.

18. Discount ticket prices for younger and retired supporters with national standards on age criteria enforced by the relevant football authorities.

19. The development of disabled supporters’ facilities at all levels of the game including enforceable minimum standards, working with supporters’ groups including Level Playing Field.

20. Involvement of supporters in all policing and stewarding policies affecting them.

21. Encouragement and adequate funding of supporters’ organisations and involvement in the game at all levels.

17. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Chelsea grass roots NOT for sale.

Chelsea can not buy Stamford Bridge by the fans.
    Sale stopped at a general meeting today.

The stone-rich club wants to create a new giant stadium, but they did not catch enough supporters in an attempt to intention is to give the current home ground. The fans believe that their possession of Stamford Bridge is an assurance that the club must play on the 106 years old arena.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/10/27/sport/fotball/chelsea/stamford_bridge/premier_league/18795111/

18. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  19. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The police is reported by a AIK supporter.

The clubs are forced to pay police bill - it can break the law: "What matters is what the court thinks"
    The police interpretation of the law says one thing, AIK's bylaws indicate the contrary.
    It has led to an AIK supporter notify the police - and the County Police Carin Götblad.
    - Everyone can think what they want, but what matters is what the court thinks, says private person, Fredrik Berma.

Earnings - not AIK's view
    AIK have protested since the proposal was developed in the spring.
    This week has been a supporter of the team turned to the police to file a claim. Against the police.
    - It says that the police may be entitled to claim compensation when there is an event organized for profit. But AIK Hockey primary purpose is to win hockey games and, secondarily, to conduct hockey activities for children and young people, says Fredrik Berma.

appeal
    Berma have also notified County Police Carin Götblad the Chancellor, who left the case without action.
    - But I have appealed. Götblad has stepped out into the deep. It can get a pension for her soon.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/elitserien/aik/article13856059.ab

20. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor move. Stamford Bridge is a shit hole.

21. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Don't you see any other factors than that ?
    If the fans agreed to sell stamford bridge , do you Think the fans would Get the same position ? Or do you Think the stadium would be buildt at the same spot ? There Are many factors the chelsea fans have in their minds besides the age of the stadium Matt in the hat. If future matches on stamford bridge meens to keep things the way Chelsea fans want them to be. Im sure they will keep playing there As long as they need until they Get the guaranties they need.

22. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not think the bridge is a shithole and I really like the neighborhood as well. I think what this comes down to with the supporters is do they want to continue to be a top tier European Club or are they okay with slipping down the pecking order without a lager ground with more amenities, particularly if Abromovich decides he'd like a different toy, just for the sake of keeping the Bridge where and as it is. I think it's fair for the fans to seek the same assurances, but there really isn't much land available at an affordable price within three miles of the Bridge for a new stadium. A new stadium up to 20 miles away if they can't build in that three mile radius.

23. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You mention a couple of things that i think shows that there is something wrong with modern football.
    1: Abromovich`s toy .
    2: A new stadium up to 20 miles away if they can't build in that three mile radius

1: I think all clubs should get a self-supporting economy as posible. I think it is wrong when a rich guy just can go in a buy a team success.
    A club should not be anyones toy.

2 : If you look at thins map. you will see that a stadium move up to 20 miles will take the club total out of it`s roots.
    http://maps.google.no/maps?hl=no&su...=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&sqi=2&ved=0CAoQtgM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_London

As previously said the lokal patriosm is very important to most clubs in Europe.
    So to move a club like Chelsea 20 Miles would not probaly be the smartest move.

24. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't really disagree, but that is where Chelsea is. This is now a club that competes for the best talent, the title in one of the best leagues, and the Champions League. This is something that makes the fans quite happy too. If the club can't sustain that under a different owner or a different ground, they have to be willing to accept that if they are unwilling to facilitate the construction of a new ground.

25. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Chelsea isn't even in Chelsea to begin with. The local patriots root for Fulham.