The Fenômeno from Palmeiras - The Endrick Felipe de Sousa Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Dec 15, 2022.

1. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Or it could be the other way around. The midfield was not working while Abel tried to accommodate Endrick. Veiga and ZR already look like their older selves, and we beat CAM last night playing some silky football. Palmeiras' midfielders are not bad, and Mayke and Piquerez provide a lot of passes from the sides. The only player I would qualify as donkey would be Rony, who was benched for Endrick.

Dr. MvN repped this.
  2. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    On a different note - Endrick leaving mid-season (everyone already knew this), Guilherme leaving mid-season even though he wasn't getting starters minutes...that's quite a bit of talent to lose mid-season with little in the way of recourse for it. What are the expectations for Palmeiras at this point this season? Obviously Estêvão is doing some kind of job filling that talent gap since he wasn't in the team last year, but he's also only 17-years-old.

Only two points off the top and in the Libertadores R16, everything is wide open for Palmeiras to play for, and last night's display (helped by a red card but they were leading even before that) was a pretty good message to the rest of Brazil to not sleep on O Verdão.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Abel didn't try to make adjustments for Endrick. He was dropped after scoring in first game of the season and remained a bench player for most of first part of the season. Endrick was brought into starting eleven again because team was still struggling to score.

And then Endrick had that purple patch leading them to the title. So overall, bringing Endrick to starting role was a positive for Palmeiras. Maybe Estevao can lead Palmeiras to title this season with Endrick gone and him having the keys. Maybe it's easy for 16 year olds since Endrick did it.

4. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    He will prob have a few years of growing pains and then some will write him off completely, e.g., Mbappe was winning world cups at his age!

Then when he has his breakout season, the same people will caveat every comment about his ability with, “he was so bad when he first came here!” to justify the absurdity of their impatience.

AriGold and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  5. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think people also need to consider the simple fact that Endrick was already or about to become a Real Madrid player prior to his senior debut. Sure, there was some financial incentive to play him a bit, but the money was already in the bag. Consequently, it's perfectly understandable that the next big thing – that hadn't been yet sold for big money (though I read a few days ago he's close to agreeing terms with Chelsea?) – is getting the big stage, the nice words from the manager and club, and all opportunitis in the world to show why he's the next Pele.

For me it's simple. I'm very happy with Endrick, extremely impressed with his development, and I just hope he can continue his meteoric rise at Real Madrid (but hopefully a bit in the background to relieve him of some pressure).

Estevao or any other of those 'next Pele's'? Good luck to them, not our players. I wish them well!

MerlinRM and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’m curious why there isn’t more interest for Estevao. He seems like a jewel

hector_br repped this.
  7. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Problematic agent must be the chief reason. His agent used to work for Barcelona and has criticized Vini for signing with Madrid in the past.

Serengeti_Boy, hector_br and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

But Barcelona don’t want him either

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The only reason why Barca don't want him is because we have Lamine in the exact same position. Plus there is the money issues. There is no reason to spend money on a position that you have covered. The money that would have to be spent on Estevão would be better spent elsewhere in the squad.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We have Rodrygo and Arda Guler for the right side yet people are asking why we didn't go for Estevao...

Lol, these players aren't Pokémon which you collect

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well I wasn’t asking that if you are talking about me. I’m just curious why he doesn’t seem to be in the middle of a fight to sign him which you would expect based on the hype and the talent displayed.

I would think more of the big clubs would want him

Deep Pal and hector_br repped this.
  12. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He could line up for us alongside Wirtz and Musiala, they would be great feeding balls to Haaland up front

Deep Pal, Dr. MvN and Digital repped this.
  13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Sorry bro, you're just wrong here.

I'm pretty optimistic, actually. Palmeiras is in advanced talks to sign Maurício from Internacional and Giay from San Lorenzo. Serious talks about a more experienced striker as well. Unlike Endrick, Estevão doesn't affect the formation much, and players like Veiga and Zé Rafael are back to positions they feel comfortable in. The team seems to be improving each game. I think we can win at least one title this year.

Dr. MvN repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Any truth to Rios being sold?

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You took this completely the wrong way . As if I am saying this because the club got rejected . I am not here to play that game . If the planning is responsible , Barca doesn’t have the luxury right now to spend 60m on a player for a position they have a good starter for . Specially with other holes in the squad to plug . They might have tried to get him for cheaper .

16. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Estêvão is the real deal. Always said he remind me Ronaldinho material

17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I'm afraid so. Looks like Juventus is interested. Think we can make some good money for him, but our squad is thin in MF already. Let's see.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    I mean, by that logic, tell that to Chelsea, lol. Estêvão would seem surplus to needs there as well both now (Palmer) and with a future signing (Paez) but there we are.

I've come to terms with it. The problematic agent angle in all of this, sometimes things just don't align the way you wish they would. Not sure it's a silly fan thing though to dream about signing wonderkids if you can, this isn't really the same thing as talking about poaching nine-digit established stars already at big clubs who are surplus to needs.

Either way, obviously we're positioned just fine regardless, and I'm sure there will be other Brazilian wonderkids in the future we go for, so whatever.

:ROFLMAO:

19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Palmeiras will soon introduce the world to some promising new players. Looks like Luighi is the real deal.

J-Mezzy and Dr. MvN repped this.
  20. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    #1570 Dr. MvN, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    Eu penso que você respondou para o comentário errado. YoungStars não falou sobre do Barcelona.

21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Estevão needs to wear his collar up, appear on more TV shows, and find a hot blonde who "fell in love with his personality" so the hype can truly start.

Dr. MvN and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    @hector_br
    What do u think of Joao Enrique “Esquerdinha” and Joao Souza (From Santos) ?

23. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I have no idea, man. Santos was relegated and seem in pretty bad shape. They had like 4 straight losses or something playing the second division.

Santos has a good youth system, though. They might turn out good.

24. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I think it's more cost effective to buy palmeiras at this point.

Dr. MvN and hector_br repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    In no way was I disagreeing with your post or even challenged it.

Mine was specifically because so many fans on here tend to say we should go for players when we're going to have trouble fitting in the ones we already have

Anon. and Digital repped this.