The Fenômeno from Palmeiras - The Endrick Felipe de Sousa Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Dec 15, 2022.

1. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Well, thats how uncle Flo has been planning the transfer market these past couple seasons tho.

2. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Palmeiras plays tonight in what might be folks last chance to watch Endrick for a bit. They are exceedingly likely to be crowned champions after an amazing run at the end of the season (and an even more amazing collapse by Botafogo). Win or lose, as long as they don't give up a +8 goal differential advantage, they will take the title.

3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just discovered Diego Costa plays for Botafago, makes their collapse a bit better lol.

Shay Z repped this.
  4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    We have had about 280 days of rain this year where I live. The sun came out this morning. It would be a lovely summer evening to celebrate another Palmeiras title. I'll cook my girlfriend a special dinner and get ready for the game.

Botafogo fans are the exact opposite of Palmeiras' fans. We only believe it when we see it. VERY FEW supporters are already celebrating this title. Botafogo fans, on the other hand, were celebrating it back in August lol.

When the ref blows that whistle, I'm gonna allow myself to believe it. Here's hoping Endrick has a great game.

Fuera del Juego repped this.
  5. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    He wasn't in the team the day they played Palmeiras, but the only thing that could have made that game better would have been Diego Costa missing the penalty.

6. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Heh, my son woke up ready for the game today and has been doing the permutations as to what needs to happen for Palmeiras to take the title (ok, that has become a lot easier after last matchday). He basically wants Palmeiras to just sit deep and play for the 0-0 as a tie gets them through. He's not the greatest football strategist yet.

hector_br repped this.
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As improbable as a collapse would be, it's even more since Palmeiras plays Cruzeiro who are Atletico's in state rivals (who sit 2nd place and needs to make up that 8 goals difference). Since Cruzeiro is safe from relegation, they will probably make sure Palmeiras gets at least a point today. It should theoretically make it for a boring game today.

Another amazing thing about this end of the season is that as close as the top 6 teams were / are, that the title was basically clinched in the next to last round and not the last (barring a catastrophe today). Everybody was expecting a final day with 3+ teams with realistic chances at the title.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Diego Costa joined them about midway through the season when their striker got injured IIRC.

9. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Does our star boy start?

10. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, Lucas Silva is starting for Cruzeiro. If you also happen to care, the other guy Endrick is also starting.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With or without Mbappe, Endrick should not be projected us our starter in his first season with us. He needs to develop in his own pace.

12. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Neither it was Vini or Rodrygo. They both started first in Castilla....and they both developed pretty quick so after few months they were moved to senior team

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Lucas Silva. What a disaster that was.

rrrrrafik, Serengeti_Boy and Savior repped this.
  14. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Goooool! Endrick pounces on a defensive mistake, the goalie makes a good save on an attempted chip, but Endrick gets the rebound and finishes.

He had two shots before this. One a rocket that caught the goalie's foot and deflected away, the other from a slightly tighter angle on the right which again was saved by the goalie's near post foot, but this time, he might have known a bit about it.

Shay Z, Serengeti_Boy, boeder and 3 others repped this.
  15. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    4h37sfhwhwufuvu uduaus7w73uducj u

16. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Congratulations, hector and celito! Heck of a run to the title when everyone had counted them out.

Shay Z, boeder, J-Mezzy and 4 others repped this.
  17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Thank you man. What a great feeling.

Nathanial Essex, J-Mezzy, dooda and 2 others repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Palmeiras title win somewhat reminded me of RM 2006-07 season. Great fighting spirit in final quarter of the season and Endrick was at the forefront of it. Comeback draw vs Botafogo, equalizing and hanging on to the draw with 10 men in another crucial game etc.

Shay Z, Anon., MiamiNative0722 and 5 others repped this.
  19. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Suarez the only living Vampire

22. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    #922 Nir_O, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wish he would have dropped them sunglasses . He was giving interviews with them . Just a personal pet peeve of mine when people do that .

Bear Crotch repped this.
  24. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Palmeiras should really demand their youngsters to drop those ridiculous glasses.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Looks like a new trend in Brazil?