The Fenômeno from Palmeiras - The Endrick Felipe de Sousa Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Dec 15, 2022.

1. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Endrick got the Jude Bellingham treatment and ended up silencing his critics like Jude did.

Wonderful

2. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Hope he shows up against Fluminense. He was completely marked out of the game against Flamengo. He sure is thriving against small teams. I'm glad he's showing improvements and is now an important player in the squad.

I haven't changed my opinion one bit. Still find him too short for a CF, and he's not the hyped-up phenomenon people want him to be.

Thank God he has critics to keep his feet on the ground. These kids get surrounded by yes-people too soon, and that is not good for their mental development.

Abel made a mistake by not betting on him earlier. Having said that, I still think Abel is too intelligent to waste a player's talent, even with his loyalty to others. Pretty sure things changed in training sessions at a certain point. Good for us.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I doubt it was due training session improvement. Abel changed things up and started using Endrick right after we got knocked off the Libertadores. And when we lost that next 2 league games with Endrick and those other players, Abel came into the following match press conf. boasting that he played the players the media and fans wanted and lost those games. He seemed happy we lost as if to prove that he made the right decision against Boca. We could have lost anyways against Boca with Endrick and this new formation because we have certainly leaked more goals this way, but at least he wouldn't have had to screw up 3 positions to fix one because of Dudu's injury.

hector_br repped this.
  4. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Hahahaha they did?! What absolute bottlers. I was watching the Palmeiras game but the commentator was giving updates on the other games. When he said that Botafogo had gotten a penalty in the last minute they coverted it, I assumed the game was over and the Palmeiras broadcast I was watching ended so I didn't hear about the equalizer.

Man from Endrick out and needing 6 points to him being OK and likely needing three is an upgrade in optimism since I turned off that broadcast.

Saeta Rubia, YOUNGSTARS87 and hector_br repped this.
  5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I changed channels when Botafogo got that PK, then changed tabs to Google live updates and it was 1 x 1. Insane. I could sleep only past 1 am last night. I want this title so bad. Teams from Rio de Janeiro have all the protection from CBF and the main tv broadcaster here. Not to mention the xenophobic attacks against Abel. It's us against the world really.

Fuera del Juego repped this.
  6. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I didn't really feel that he was marked out of the game against Flamengo so much as Palmeiras couldn't get the ball into the attacking third. They held possession reasonably well, but it was largely between the top of their own box and the center line. Then they went down a man in the 48th minute. I didn't think Endrick stood out, but the other team doesn't really have to mark a forward out of the game when the ball is never moving into the attacking third.

I do totally agree that I'm still not sure how Endrick would do as a true center forward. He's played pretty deep and even when Palmeiras gets people forward, he often drifts to the top of the box rather than running into it. In the box movement is something that I think Madrid will want to focus on with him. On the other hand, I have been impressed with his link up play and passing and his shot is obviously great - especially for a 17 year old. So I don't have any real doubts that he'll be a good player in Europe, we'll just see how he fits in Madrid where we need someone to lead the line more than play off that guy or in the hole.

Savior, Saeta Rubia and hector_br repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Keep going Endrick. Well done. Get Palmeiras that trophy.

PigBenis, Ssr9, HZinho and 6 others repped this.
  8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
  9. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Great play by Endrick but goal disallow handball

1731393261577682947 is not a valid tweet id

Ahmadi8 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  10. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Endrick just made a great run to set up a tap in for his teammate, but they called it back for handball on him as he fought for the bouncing ball on the sideline.

I agree that it was probably a handball even if it wasn't intentional, but it's not clear it should have able to have been called off via VAR given he didn't score it. Really nice run and pass though.

Akramzizou, Saeta Rubia and boeder repped this.
  11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
  12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    What a nice Sunday evening. Wednesday, we'll probably be champions. Endrick did well again. I'm so happy despite a terrible hangover.

13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very promising stuff. You can see and understand why the club went for him, as he seems like a rare talent. He also seems like he has the right style of play for La Liga/European football. Can't wait to see him shine in our jersey!

14. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Such a powerful player. His shooting mechanics are incredible.
    3 years training with our first team and this guy could be it.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In the press conf afterwards Abel talked about Endrick's evolution but also made a comment that they learned what the best position is for him to play. That's a bit of an admission of what I've been saying for a long time that they weren't using him correctly. He probably could have contributed more this season but as I mentioned before, I understand how difficult it would have been to change tactics on a team that had been winning so much recently for a young player who could have or not panned out so early.

Stiliyan, PigBenis, Savior and 2 others repped this.
  16. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    As anyone who has read this thread knows, I'm pretty high on Endrick, but I do think the discussion of position is interesting for his future in Madrid. He's been playing as a forward, but not really a center forward. He comes in from the right at times and doesn't make a ton of darting runs into the box. People talk about him replacing Joselu, but they're almost literally opposite players in terms of style while being forwards. He seems like a very smart player and I am sure that he can learn some of those movements, but that isn't what has made him so successful during the second half of this season with Palmeiras.

There was a point in the game yesterday where Palmeiras was breaking and I was yelling for him to try to cut in front of his defender and attack the near post as his teammate brought the ball up, but he stayed behind and continued his run toward the far post and the ball was pretty easily cut out. When he is playing high and centrally, I also think he's a bit too static before he starts his run. He could move, drift, dummy, etc more to destabilize the defense before he makes his actual run. Those are the type of things he is going to need to improve on if he wants to be a Madrid level CF, but I also think that Madrid is much more able to reward that type of movement with our possession and extremely good midfield than the current Palmeiras team (who - all credit due - did look really good on Sunday. It was one of the better overall performances I've seen from them, especially in the midfield).

Also, Palmeiras fans, you will be glad to know that having Endrick has been spreading your gospel. Last night my son and I were playing a pickup game with some of his friends. After we split up teams my son yells "We're Palmeiras!" then "You're Botafogo!" Ouch.

hector_br and Shay Z repped this.
  17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I really don't know where he'll fit, especially if Mbappe does join us. Right now, he's a right-leaning SS, which is basically what Rodrygo has to do when Vini is available. We would need the most free-roaming front-3 ever to accommodate all of them at once.

It totally works for Palmeiras, and I'm happy Abel found a spot where he can be useful. Endrick will have 6 months to play in a reinforced Palmeiras next year. If Abel stays, we will probably improve our performance. It will be interesting to see how Endrick does, and sad to see him go, if he finally turns into a phenomenon.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good players fit everywhere. Quality always comes through.

If he's as good as it seems it will work out.

19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't mind keeping him in Brazil until after the next Copa Liberatdores. If Mbappe really comes, he won't be getting much PT on the first team. And Palmeiras will be playing at a higher level than Castilla. Abel also seems to be a good manager. But I doubt that it will happen.

hector_br repped this.
  20. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I think Abel is leaving after we confirm our title. I'm devastated. He will be the best-paid coach in the World, but he'll be in Qatar. So there's a chance he may refuse it, as he would move to an irrelevant league.
    Keeping Abel and Endrick would be cool. Very unlikely tho.

Excape Goat repped this.
  21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Oh they'd all fit for sure.

But the real question is, would it be effective?

For example, Madrid played a very good player like Beckham in CM/DM. Although he did a decent.job, it wasn't as effective as say a natural DM like Makalele.

RoadMan and Digital repped this.
  22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed, IMHO examples everywhere, no one wants to see Toni as a DM , he is undoubtedly a good player, neither Kylian nor Cristiano wants/ wanted anything to do with being a 9, and on and on, can’t just stick players anywhere and say it’ll work, we tried that square peg in round hole experiment already, didn’t work, I’m for playing players where they fit best and are most effective in the team, admittedly a few players buck that trend, Fede being one,

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'll just take the spot of somebody else. If he's really really good, he'll be better than the guy that's already there. Otherwise why even bother.

24. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I get you. But if Mbappayed is coming in to be a LW which is his preferred position, the club is back to square one on not having a #9. And the club might have as well blew its financial load by then.

if he does comes and plays as a #9, how long will be willing to do it before whining? And will the club be maximizing it’s “best player”.

It’s like buying a Bugatti Veyron but youre ok with it maxing out at 6th gear when it has 7. And we know, what a 6th gear it still is.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not counting on Mbappe. That's like planning dinner while you're fishing and nothing has been biting for hours.