The FC Dallas Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ielag, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Arantes

Arantes Member

Fluminense
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2018
    It depends who's evaluating (and team needs). I agree with you if you're looking at the technical and tactical aspect of the game. Anthony is way "better". If you get a coach who prioritizes the physical/athletic aspect of players, Hernandez is your guy.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  2. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    I think we lose sight of this all too often. If there is one thing that is most important in getting opportunities at any club, this is it.

Of course, you have your kids that are just top, top players and everyone agrees on them, but those are very few. The majority of the player population is in the next wave and often times is a right place, right time, right evaluator situation.

3. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m super high on both Hernandez and Ramirez but I see more consistency from Diego. But, when Anthony is on he’s unstoppable and he also pops off the screen more. I have a few questions about Anthony’s game that I want to see him answer at older levels where players are faster/stronger before I completely sell the house on him. Both of them are absolute eyes closed must sign talents though.

Hernandez, Ramirez, Matthew Corcoran, and Jordan Jones are all mandatory signings. There’s quite a few in that u15 team who also very likely who will enter that tier as well

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think all of these evaluations show FCD must make some decisions on a bunch of current HG's this year. If they don't they won't have spots for the next wave and more McKennie situations will pop again. So Cannon gone. Pomykal, Ferreira and Pepi could move on to Europe perhaps in the winter. Roberts and Cerrillo need to show something soon. Reynolds and Sealy need to keep progressing but they appear to be doing that. Also a bunch of players being loaned and being subs may need to finally move on - Mosquera, Atuahene, Aranguiz, Nkosi Burgess, Montgomery, Munjoma and Twumasi. If some of the last group moves on some HG's could do what Reynolds did and create HG spots.

5. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have to. FC Dallas already has their third wave of HG’s (Tessmann, Roberts, Sealy, Pepi, Reynolds, soon to be Che) breaking into the first team. In 2 years they will have their 4th wave of homegrowns in their 05-06 group. They can’t keep all of these kids for long, they have to move them

6. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Seems almost definite that one of Roberts, Servania, Ferriera, or Cerrillo are going to be sold or traded. There's no need for all of them and quite frankly because they're not playing enough they're not progressing either. They sold Hayes last winter. Expect the same here. I also expect Mosquera to go. One of the wingers, Sealy, Twumasi, Colin Smith, someone is going to step in and grab that spot behind Fafa and Barrios.

The roster churn will continue as guys move up and out.

Pegasus, USSoccerNova and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  7. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    Twumasi is with Austin and not doing much there. From an FCD perspective, I'd consider him gone.

8. Kombucha

Kombucha Member+

Jul 1, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Typically college soccer players that sign HGP deals are on shorter term deals one year and then two option years or two years and an option year, so they can be of loaded rather easily.

MLS might change the HGP maximum as well, but with only Dallas pushing the threshold, I am sure it isn’t a major priority

9. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It feels weird watching Dallas play in Atlanta.

10. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ricardo Pepi interview, talks about how he choose to play for the US youth teams because we reached out to him and played him a youth level up. He hasn’t closed the door fully on Mexico but he’s going to play for whoever keeps giving him more opportunities. Also his dad talks about how he would rather Pepi play for Mexico, but again the US showed more interest

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Most dual-nats say the same thing, but I always got the sense that Pepi will play for the USA because we gave him better opportunities than Mexico. He constantly mentions that. It seems like he had a big chip on his shoulder that Mexico wasn’t playing him up age groups, like the USA did.

gogorath and EXALIFTIN repped this.
  12. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Even if they know perfectly well what is the first choice, announcing that would make zero sense. Although using one time switch without much urgency doesn't make much sense either and still sometimes players do that.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1310754651357220866 is not a valid tweet id

twoolley repped this.
  14. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    congrats to justin che as well as all those here who had him in their whos next polls

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I've started to sour on Che's ability at CB, but I think he has big potential at RB. With the ball, he's not very good passing the ball, but he's pretty good running with it.

16. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, here's the tweet.

17. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    so when does he actually play? a teenage cb prospect seems like perilous territory just about everywhere in the world. such a cerebral position.

gogorath repped this.
  18. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    I think he has a euro passport so this may have just been a CYA for FCD at this point. I would expect if he ever gets to FCD first team it takes the Bryan Reynolds approach of being a practice player for a few years. Che will probably be on NTXSC for the next two years unless they sell him.

Pegasus repped this.
  19. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nothing to do with Che but does anyone want to speculate what happens with Roberts this off-season? Seems the midfield is still crowded and he's the odd man out.

20. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    so che is basically even money never to play for fcd over the course of this contract?

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It is an interesting question. He only turns 17 next month.
    Hedges isn't going anywhere, but Ziegler is in the last year of his deal (I think).
    So there's a spot available next year. They have some other young options. Nkosi Burgess, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, etc....................but none that jump out at you. Montgomery plays for the best team in the USL championship (he's had a couple of knocks recently). Bressan, of course. If people want to take a moment to see where the talent level of MLS is, Bressan played for a Copa Libertadores winner in 2017. He barely looks MLS level at times. But anyway....................

This would be my plan: Promote Montgomery to the first team next year and have Bressan, Burgess, and Callum compete for the spot next to Hedges. Have Che start for North Texas as a 17/18 year old, and then send him on loan to Bayern on his 18th birthday. Have him follow the Richards route. If he really takes off like Richards did, then Europe beckons. If not, have him come back to compete for the FCD first team.

I agree with @ussoccer97531 in that maybe he develops as a right back. Of course that position is blocked by Reynolds at the moment. And of course Richards himself is now playing right back!!!

People talk all the time about these kids going to Europe, but its not easy to get the right move to Europe. Particularly during these COVID times. Ask Seth Wilson.

Stupid_American repped this.
  22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    After Tessmann (see I'm adding the 2nd N now :) ) signed, I think most of us identified Che as the next "likely" homegrown signing for the first team. [Actually, we got it wrong, because Avilez was promoted in between. But I'm giving us a pass on that one.]

Who's next? A lot of options in the academy, USL team, and NCAAs.

23. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diego Hernandez

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    By the way, just to drive home @Runhard's point.................this deal is reportedly thru 2021 with a team option for 2022. So essentially the team and player came to a mutually beneficial deal here. The new FCD technical director seems to "get it." This isn't one of the 5 year deals. With a passport the kid can go to Europe any time. WOrth noting that there are no USYNT events for him to be scouted and subsequently targeted by Euro clubs. A problem for everybody.
    https://3rddegree.net/fc-dallas-signs-justin-che

USSoccerNova repped this.
  25. NoHammiesAltidore

United States
    Jun 28, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Buzz actually got this one wrong, on the FC Dallas announcement it says he's under contract through 2023 with an option for 2024.
    https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2020/10/02/fc-dallas-signs-academy-product-justin-che

USSoccerNova repped this.