The FC Dallas Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ielag, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1239278044696756226 is not a valid tweet id

USSoccerNova repped this.
  2. Arantes

Arantes Member

Fluminense
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2018
    He's a center mid but it's easier to stick him as left back (a la FCD). The problem may be his willingness to play there. At the moment, he lacks the mobility to play left back returning from a long hiatus. Most of the FCD talent coming through midfield is not left footed so he brings balance to that team.

3. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Dallas has deleted its (Twitter) account. (somehow.)

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wait, what?

5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It's not that surprising. You've probably been more surprised by 50 things you've read this week.

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their youth ones are still there. Maybe it tested positive for the Wuhan virus and is under quarantine.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  7. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    that tessmann video is really impressive imo. love how quickly he moves after passing

edit there was one time where he makes a pass back to the keeper from the right of midfield and materializes on the left of midfield to take the pass back which he distributes immediately with a very clever header. if his distribution improves with minutes we really might have something

USSoccerNova and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This is purely my own opinion.

From his U-15 list

Non-prospects: Norris, Salinas, Kelley
    Very marginal prospects: Gomez, Anguiano, Hernandez, Scott (potential to move up)
    Mid-level prospects: DuBroff, Jones (potential to move up), Ramirez
    High-level prospects: None
    Elite-level prospects: None

I’ve briefly seen some of the U-14 players, but not all of them. I would say Brandon is mid-level (maybe higher), while Corcoran is a judgement call between the two highest tiers.

10. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    You're pretty much spot on. However, there is an interesting dynamic going on with the GKs and CBs you mention above. At the moment, Gomez just edges out Salinas at GK and I think DuBroff might be a little more polished than Anguiano. However, from a prospect standpoint, I think Salinas is a much better prospect at GK. Its the same situation with the CBs as I think Anguiano is the better prospect.

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I know a number of people like Anguiano, but I don't see much upside. He looks like a very good DA player that will struggle once he moves up to higher levels because he doesn't have any carrying tools. I would disagree that DuBroff is more polished. The last few games I've seen of him, he hasn't looked very good, at all. I think Anguiano is the better of the two right now, despite DuBroff having a very good reputation. If anything, I'd say it's the opposite of who is more polished and who has more potential. I'm not even saying that DuBroff has such high potential. He might not, but I don't see much potential in Anguiano's game. I might be wrong about that though.

12. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    I can't argue with your statement. By polished, I really meant, smooth and comfortable on the ball. I agree with you on DuBroff, some of that comfortability on the ball leads to bad mistakes in bad areas of the field. Anguiano is more grit than glamour.

I also can see how someone that has only seen Anguiano play a few times comes to the exact conclusion you have. I had the same impression after the first half dozen times of seeing them play. The more you watch Anguiano, the more you realize he brings things to the table that really aren't noticeable on film. Probably one of the biggest hearts I've seen in a youth player and that is difficult to measure.

Good analysis.

13. Yaya toure

Yaya toure Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 23, 2019
    Jordan Jones is training with North Texas.

14. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    If rumors are true, so are Diego Hernández and Anthony Ramirez. My guess is they need numbers with FCD gone and their first game in the horizon.

15. Arantes

Arantes Member

Fluminense
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2018
    As near as I could tell, there was only one 2005 born in practice tonight along with many 2003/2004 born...this may change once the first team returns 'home' and those players need minutes.

16. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It surprises me that Jordan Jones is rated above Anthony Ramirez and Diego Hernandez. I've watched damn near every game that is available online for the FC Dallas 05's and Diego and Anthony out perform Jordan every time. Matthew Corcoran may be too young but I'd take him over Jordan Jones as well.

17. Arantes

Arantes Member

Fluminense
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2018
    No idea who's rating Jones higher...North Texas SC may have a specific need and since a couple of the players you mentioned play different positions anyway, they offer something different. Perhaps North Texas is "favoring" Jones at the moment, that's true.

18. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    Picture of some of the youth players in training is making the rounds on social media. It looks as if Diego Hernandez (2005), Anthony Ramirez (2005), Jose Guttierez (2004) and Jordan Jones (2005) are getting some training time with NTSC.

19. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    There been rumors about a series of central mids over the past couple of weeks. [For instance Yoann Court from France last week.]
    Most of the social media-types have been highly skeptical of all of them.

Although FCD in the past 10 years has brought mediocre South American after mediocre South American as roster filler. People quickly forget their names. Anybody remember Abel Aguilar from 2018? Played in 2 World Cups for Colombia? Me neither...........

They do have a roster slot open.

21. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    IF you're FCD shouldn't you be using that roster spot on a winger? Picault is decent but if you're going to splash the cash buy a difference maker on the edge to match Barrios.

kba4life1 repped this.
  22. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    will things get really interesting if paxton isnt in the 18 tonight?

23. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Any reason you know of he shouldn't be? He is healthy and one of the best players on the team so if he's not, Luchi has some splaining to do. I would expect Tessman as well based upon the first few games of the season back in Pre-Covid days.

24. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    According to 3rd Degree FCD signed Andres Ricaurte from somewhere in South America. FCD doing FCD things.

Does this mean they are moving someone soon to make room? Or does this guy just sit the bench and make money ala Christian Coleman for a few years?

25. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    hah sorry that was the transfer i was looking at re: pomykal hypothetical