The EPL on Empire Sports Network

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by SABuffalo786, Aug 29, 2002.

1. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I was channel surfing Monday afternoon, and I came upon the Adelphia owned Empire Sports Network. I was shocked to see Liverpool playing Southampton from Anfield. Empire has played Rhinos matches before, but never the EPL or any major Euro league before. It was the feed from FSW. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?!!?

2. we_luv_la

we_luv_la Red Card

Aug 29, 2002
    Los Angeles
    FOX Sports Net distributes one EPL game each Tuesday at 12noon local time to its regional affiliates, including Empire Sports Network.

How long will Empire stay in business? The Rigases, who are out on bail after the feds paraded them in handcuffs for a made-for-TV perp walk, no longer controls the Buffalo Sabres. Empire is worthless without local rights to the Sabres.

And no, I'm not Oliver. Don't associate me that that s--thead and his piece of s--t of a website.

3. buffalo

buffalo New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Buffalo
    Awesome! I will definitely be checking that out. Its amazing to get any good tv in Buffalo. Empire usually has great stuff about the Bills 3rd string quarterback, or about trying to push the always exciting and successful UB football team. I am looking to get digital cable so I can have Fox Sports World.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Excellent. More of my countrymen. Welcome to Bigsoccer buffalo.

5. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LaxBandit: Actually Empire Sports Network aired the 2hr EPL review show (there was a game of the week that was edited down, plus highlights of other games that weekend) that was shown on the Fox Sports Net family of the channels a couple of years ago. It was shown a couple of times per week, usually in the early afternoon. Empire has also aired the UEFA Cup Final, Italian games and numerous other European games. So there has been soccer on Empire other than the Rhinos.