The End?

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by ONE, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    Glaswegians...welcome to the English premier League, or as they say in Cymru, Croseo Y Premier League.

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Could see this coming a mile away.

So what happens? If the threat is actually carried out do the Old Firm give in, accept, and play by their rules? And if not where do they play?

3. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    They will cave. They have no place to go. EPL will not let them in, Football League will not let them in. UEFA will not let them -- or other "big fish in small ponds" -- form a SuperLeague.

Of course I suppose Rangers and Celtic could just play with themselves all the time... :)

4. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    The old firm will have to meet the demands, simple as that as cman states, nowhere else to go.
    Frankly it amazes me a 11-1 voting structure was even in place, yet more idiocy on the SPL top brass' part.
    When it only takes 2 clubs to put the kibosh on something this was a disaster waiting to happen in my eyes.
    and it is getting phucking boring!

5. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
  6. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
  7. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    rangers and celtic could join the highland teams and you wouldn't notice any difference. ;)

rangers and celtic will either be in nationwide division 1 or in a new spl in a couple of years.

Partick Thistle are one of the 10 clubs resigning but what if they drop to division 2 in the next couple of years?

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Glasgow giants on brink of destroying league say other clubs

Glasgow giants Celtic and Rangers were warned by the other 10 clubs in the Scottish Premier League (SPL) that only a change of heart on their part could save the league...

World Soccer News

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Scotland kicks off facing renewed breakaway threat

As every divorce lawyer knows, rows tend to reach a peak when finances are low. Money could not be tighter for the Scottish Premier League right now, so the decibel level is high...

Independent Sport

10. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh
    I personally hope the OF look elsewhere and find someone to take them. But I don't think it will happen, so then the OF has to give up its veto except for some core issues, ie gate revenue sharing.

I think the OF were just trying a bit of brinkmanship. They know they will probably have to give in, but they were just testing the other clubs to come through with their initial threat.

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    If it ever took off, this "North Atlantic Cup" might be interesting. The Scottish, Dutch, Belgian, and Danish clubs combining to make one league.

12. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    UEFA coy on Atlantic talk

UEFA have refused to be drawn over the proposed Atlantic League, insisting they will await approval by the national associations involved...

TeamTalk

Uefa go by the book on Atlantic Cup debate

Uefa insist full agreement between all competing national associations must be given before progress can be made in establishing a North Atlantic League Cup...

Ananova