The end of the season

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Shurik, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Any comments on last night's matches?

I am too disgusted for words. I thought I was going to get sick.

2. zfunkhamilton

zfunkhamilton New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Milford, PA
    I was surprised to see that torpedo-metallurg beat spartak 2-0 to stay up in the premiere league. So it's chernomorets and uralan going down while amkar perm and kuban krasnodar move up.

Congrats to Rubin for making it to the uefa cup in their first season in the top flight.

Shinnik finished a respectable 5th but those 6 straight ties to start off the season leave a lot of "what ifs" when looking at the final tables.

3. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Spartak gave the game away to Tormet to spare fellow Muscovites relegation.
    CSKA scored an own goal in the last seconds of the match at Rubin so that Gazzayev would have the pleasure to knock the hated Semin out of Europe.

Disgusting, despicable, disgraceful and vile. Russian football hits the new low and I am afraid this is the bottom of the rock. In a normal league, in a sane country all the culprits would've been disqualified and relegated immediately. In Russia, they get praise and gold medals. Nobody will get punished for this. Even Sport-Express, which warned everyone of the possiibility of CSKA and Spartak throwing their matches a week ago, let everyone off the hook.
    I am positively sick.

4. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sad. I knew Spartak & CSKA were in league together with that goalless draw a few weeks ago....but I never thought it would come to this.

5. Zhiger

Zhiger New Member

Sep 14, 2001
    KAZAKHSTAN
    That's barely a week after Dynamo Moscow did the same thing (lost at home to Tor Met.)