The end of the road for solano

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by condor11, Oct 21, 2003.

1. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    it seems that the country/club thing has gotten the best of nobby

for the last two premiership matches he hasnt even been included in the bench

has any other player had this much trouble for simply playing for their country?

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Salas once dish out la roja for the mighty dollar!

off topic, but I was about to ask:
    How much is the salary or was the transfer fee for solano? Besides diego Forlan and Crespo or Veron who is the best paid Latino in england?

3. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    I think it was somewhere between $3-5Mil. He was bought from Boca Jrs, otherwise they could have gotten him for half of whatever they paid.

4. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    JP Angel earns US$50,000 a week, Solano is maybe on $30,000. Veron and Crespo $100-150,000.

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    50,000USD, damn that's good.
    lets all go play for Aston Villa....yay

El"Pibe#10" in the USA -
    5.25USD an hour ¥Ò

6. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Givoanni(sp?) Elber turned his back on Brazil for the $$

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    now KaKa feels the same pressure in Italy...

JPA went from river to Aston villa for over 7 million us (rob, correct me if I am wrong) What about diego forlan, and who is that Ronaldo playing for manchester U....braca or dutch? Whanchope salary?

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cristiano Ronaldo, the new "wonder boy" of ManU is from Portugal....

I bet Kaká's problem is the coach, he will probably do everything to block him from playing with Brazil....

9. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    Re: Re: The end of the road for solano

1. Kaka is U-23, so Brazil might ask for his services for the Olympic qualifiers, Copa America, WC Qualifiers and Olympic Games. All on 2004. That is the beef with his team.

2. Ronaldo is Portuguese. Probably expensive. Spelled O v e r - r a t e d

3. I imagine Wanchope does not make as much as he used to, which is still more than the $5.25/hr El Pibe#10 is apparently making now.

4. Whatever Forlan is making, is not enough. That guy is awesome!

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Re: Re: The end of the road for solano

haha, good one, but I think Wanchope is making $5.26/hr, como le quedó el ojo?

Yes Forlan is pretty awesome, I like the guy.

11. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Re: Re: The end of the road for solano

Villa paid £9m for JPA, thats $14m. Although River Plate didn`t get that much, it was a controversial transfer, money was unaccounted for.

Forlan cost Man Utd $10m, in fact Villa tried to sign Forlan to partner him with JP. He`ll be on $45-50,000 a week. Wanchope I`m not sure about but it`ll be around £12-15,000, thats about $20,000 a week.

12. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I should point out that these figures are pre-tax. With the higher rate of tax at 40%. So JPA will only(!) take home $30,000 (£20,000).

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Poor guy!

Is that tax Imposed in all futbol player salaries or is for every one?

what do you mean that the 14mill for JPA transfer was 'accounted for'?

14. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Income over £7,000 a year is taxed at 23% and all earnings over £34,000 a year are taxed 40%, so yeah everyone. Those who can, like Formula 1 drivers live in Monaco, where I think they pay 0%. If not zero very close to it. Britains highest tax band is actually one of the lowest in Europe, 50% in France, 60% in Denmark. I think they`re still that. In the US it`s 28% and then only over $125,000 a year, up till then 15%.

As for the unaccounted for money in the JPA deal. Firstly, his contract was owned or part owned by his agent, a practice which was supposed to be banned by FIFA, so his sale to Villa was blocked. So, River Plate took full ownership of his registration, sold him to Villa for $14mill and then....I suppose they must have cut a deal with Angels` agent because they didn`t bank $14m. About a year ago a newspaper did an investigation into the football transfer market in general, and said the JPA transfer to Villa was the most controversial in world soccer.

15. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    JPA a Colombian, the most controversial in World Soccer. Only 30,000USD, :( in a year 1,560,000USD? holy crap for me to make that on a 5.25USD/hr it would take me....1 + 2 = 3, carry the 1 (counting on my fingers) hell I give up.

16. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
    Solano looked kinda chubby when I saw him versus Mexico maybe he is just out of shape for awhile.

17. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    he wass with full fitness in the paraguay and chile matches

nope
    robson has left him out in the cold

i doubt we will see solano in nufc next year

18. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    Nope.

He is in shape. Solano scored against Mexico in the 3-1 win in NY. He looked a little slow because I think he did not want to risk an injury on a Wed before playing Sat against ManUtd. Then scored against Paraguay in the 4-1 in Lima and even though he didnt score in the 1-2 loss to Chile in Santiago, he played really well and I think gave the long pass to Mendoza for the goal.

I hope Solano transfers to LaLiga. Valencia, Depo, R.Sociedad or Osasuna would be great for him. Not FCB since he is not Dutch and not Madrid cause they have too many players as it is.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    what team will he go to? aston Villa?

will he stay in europe?

20. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see a Angel/ Solano pairing, but i still think Newcastle is the bigger club...Hopefully he can regain a starting spot

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    newcastle bigger than aston villa?

other question, traditional acomplishments: is newcastle bigger than Boro?

rob or luis44?

22. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I don't think you can say he turned his back, I think he has something around 17 caps . He just never really impressed when playing for Brazil.

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    for the last few years newcastle has been the better club i mean one can excpect newcastle to finnish top 4 i dont think villa has such expectations

24. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Did he? I mean, if that was truely his rational wouldn't it make more sense to play for Brazil and get a move to a club for really, really big wages? That may have been part of his motivation. The other part being the bazillion great strikers Brazil has with or without him.

25. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    solano has been a starter the last games in the league and the fa-cup

he played 82 minutes today when newcastle thrashed southampton with 3-0 in the fa-cup

if he can regain his starting position i rather see him in newcastle than in aston villa, newcastle is a team that can be expected to qualify to the champions league and at the very least they will play in the uefa cup