The end for our 3 DP's

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by gilla, Jul 19, 2012.

1. gilla

gilla Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flaco seems all but gone to Colombia, Montero seems to have earned a transfer to Europe and Rosales just seems alot older. I guess I should do I poll or something but anyone else think none of them will be here next March? We could have a very different team in a few months. For the record I like the play of all three right now but the future is looming.

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not be surprised if Montero isn't here, but Mauro will be here. However, I'm not sure Mauro will be here as a DP. I think the Sounders made a mistake by not buying down Mauro's contract below the DP level during the offseason and I'm not sure they'll be making the same mistake last year.

3. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we'll have Montero still come march, as well as Rosales, but mainly because he's up there in age and he's become inconsistent. Flaco really will be a big loss if he goes to Colombia, but Sigi never really seemed to implement him all that well. I feel that had he been allowed to have a bad game or two without getting benched (like Montero and Rosales were allowed) he would be a much better player with the team. Then again I'm not in the coaching staff or on the team so I don't know everything that goes on, it just seems like Sigi was never that fond of him. He's personally been one of my favorites. I'm not looking forward to him playing against my Millionarios down in Colombia, though I'm rocking me Sounders Jersey with "Flaco" on the back when I go down there next year for a game.

4. JoeCelt

JoeCelt Member+

Jul 7, 2012
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Flaco is already removed from Sounders roster on transfermarkt and wikipedia. Transfermarkt is listing him as Deportivo Cali player!

5. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Anyone can edit Wikipedia and not sure if thats the same with transfermarkt

6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Transfermarkt is about as accurate as trying to spit into a teacup from the top of the Space Needle. Not that anyone is wrong, but until the teams make the official announcement, it isn't official.

7. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And the announcement should be coming any day now assuming its going to happen.