The Edivaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by dale_wilster, May 22, 2011.

1. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry, but I haven't been this excited about a new player in awhile. Someone who is free from all of the bad habits of local Bolivian players... right now he is saying all the right things:

http://facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=18636

"“Tengo que aprovechar esta oportunidad porque en la Selección hay jugadores que son importantes. Entonces tengo que demostrar que yo también soy importante, porque espero que me convoquen para la Copa y también al año quiero jugar las eliminatorias. Es un sueño que siempre he tenido”, comentó."

I get back to Bolivia next week, and am looking forward to seeing how he plays and whether he can play withdrawn forward behind Martins.

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im looking forward to seeing him play

i hope hes not another hyped up escobar but there reaally is no reason as to why he is because hes proven player in portugal..*crosses fingers*

3. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    id like to see escobar back in there too, why not! better than vaca

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea why not!

I have a feeling this guy is going to be the player we've needed to add spark to our boys....

5. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yup, they never played him in his natural position. i think Erwin Sanchez played him to far up the field as a striker.

6. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    So what are your takes on this guy?

I don't think he's the answer, or even more talented then Vaca or Saucedo. He's got good acceleration, but I didn't see much speed from the guy. .

His goal was wonderful, but other then that, I wasn't too impressed. Maybe because he's a new player still trying to fit in.

I'd like to see him play with the nats a bit more before I do a "Pachi" on him.

7. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    In helping Jhasmani Campos, Quinteros put Edivaldo behind Campos... and we know how Campos played. Quinteros made a mistake! Edivaldo should have been up front; his speed and size would have been utilized much better, I believe.

btW: I wonder why Saucedo did not get any playing time? What was Quinteros thinking...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLU0bnrRF8Y"]‪EPIC Fail: Der schlechteste Schuss aller Zeiten! Garcia (Bolivien) vs Costa Rica‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

8. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Campos isn't the answer. He's another Vaca; alot of talent and thunderous foot, but athletism is lacking for international stage.

Damn I wish our coaching staff could filter out these players better.

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He played excellent with Oriente. I am not completely over him... but I agree.... he played bad this copa america.

10. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think a lot of it had to do with adjusting to all of the bad habits ingrained into the Bolivian league player... there were countless times where there was a lack of understanding where a teammate should be... I still think he has a lot of talent and hope that he continues to be called in on a regular basis.

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Jhasmany Campos has shown us balls!!!!!!!!!!!! something vaca never did.

12. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    "Shown" is correct. However, Vaca showed more balls this Copa America then I've ever seen from him before. Far more then Campos.

We have talent. We need athletes.

13. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    were you watching the same world cup i was?????????

vaca didn't do shit like usual! he looked lost every time, like he didn't belong in a field full of professional futbol players.

Campos is good, vaca isn't simple as that.

14. Playaz4life

Playaz4life Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We disagree on it sergpt, we wish it was a world cup though!

Vaca is playing on wednesday for Bolivia, I am sure of that. Galindo, Vaca, Arce and Peña should be playing Panama on wednesday. We have a nice attack.
    Btw, Conejo was playing as midfielder (right wing) these last two games in Oriente, he rocked.

15. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    I watched it. I'm far from a Vaca lover, trust me. I think he belongs very far away from our beloved jersey. But vs Argentina, he was one of our main guys. Vaca disrupted many plays and used up every bit of athletism the little dude had. I was very surprised and proud. I like to be wrong with these kind of things. Campos didn't show much in this Copa America; at least not as much as he shows with club. Maybe it was the speed, or just getting used to a new system. I don't know. It just seemed he was barely keeping up.

In the past, I thought Vaca looked intimidated vs. international teams. He could barely keep up and would easily be out muscled. It was nice to see him put up some fight for once in this last tourney. Can't believe one of our cheapest players is our number 10.

I'll agree to disagree. Neither are the answers, at least not now. I can't believe I'm saying this, but for the next game, I won't be taking a double shot to the head if Vaca is in the line up.

Panama is good. They are super fast and many of their players play in Colombia. This is a great warm up for our boys.

16. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    YES!

We need him there for the nats. Hopefully he'll get a chance to play there regularly for the nats. We have enough quality forwards to put away his crosses.