The Economic Reality Tour (I)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Mel Brennan, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here:

Sample the breaks:

[​IMG]

'When John Andrew got laid off this summer he could take solace in having plenty of company: Since George W. Bush took office, nearly 4 million Americans have lost their jobs.

But the same day that this client-services director for a Minnesota software firm got his pink slip, he also heard that the president's economic team was coming to the Midwest on a "Jobs and Growth" tour -- a three-day, six-city publicity blitz to talk up the benefits of the Bush tax cuts.

"It pissed me off," says Andrew, who felt the administration had no business crowing about an economy that was shedding one job every 15 seconds. "I'm 41 years old; I got two kids," he says, "and I decided this would be a good time for dad to stand up and protest."

So Andrew decked out the family's blue Honda Odyssey with protest placards and hit the highway on his own "Economic Reality" tour. He shadowed the bus carrying cabinet secretaries John Snow, Donald Evans, and Elaine Chao, to give his fellow Americans "the real facts -- that this economy stinks, and Bush's tax cuts are making it worse."...'

Real Americans. Really out of work. Dubya really cannot relate, and really never will...but hey, who among our leadership, "left" or "right," today, can relate to being one to a few checks away from not being able to feed your family properly...? ANd what might that say about the realities of oligarchy, of plutocracy...can we finally call a spade a spade, or does the clinging to that American Dream(-like state) get in the way??? :(

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look who's back.

3. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HURTS SO GOOD!

4. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    I see they finally let you out of Gitmo!

5. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (gravely) They don't let anyone out of Gitmo...I broke out.

I do appreciate all your attentions, folks... but back to the matters at hand...

6. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is true. I had to conclude business stateside, sell the house (for ludicrous profit in just three years; that's the ONLY thing keeping this economy afloat: artificial housing costs on the coasts), and join my academic bretheren here in the Kingdom...not the Mark Waid one; btw, the Alex Ross, dark-"S" would fit you better, but I understand that the bullet effect is symbolic and thus key to your whole presentation...

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Great to see Universal and his bulging folder of news clips back in the game. We really missed ya.

8. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    Now is your opportunity to confirm or deny the rumors that you are Jayson Blair!

9. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: The Economic Reality Tour (I)

Yeah, yeah I got your bulge swingin'...

10. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As this would actually generate the OPPOSITE effect of the tear-jerking "I AM SPARTACUS!" cinematic moment, I will respectfully...DENY.