The Dutch Women NT Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Orange14 repped this.
  2. Ouch, saw on tv that Lieke was limping and from the station to the hotel was using a wheelchair.:(

3. he Lionesses under Wiegmans still are unbeaten in a tournement.
    https://www.ad.nl/wk-vrouwenvoetbal...an-onverslaanbaar-op-eindtoernooien~a6a596e2/
    EK 2017: Nederland - Noorwegen 1-0 (Groepsfase)
    EK 2017: Nederland - Denemarken 1-0 (Groepsfase)
    EK 2017: Nederland - België 2-1 (Groepsfase)
    EK 2017: Nederland - Zweden 2-0 (Kwartfinale)
    EK 2017: Nederland - Engeland 3-0 (Halve finale)
    EK 2017: Nederland - Denemarken 4-2 (Finale)

WK 2019: Nederland - Nieuw-Zeeland 1-0 (Groepsfase)
    WK 2019: Nederland - Kameroen 3-1 (Groepsfase)
    WK 2019: Nederland - Canada 2-1 (Groepsfase)
    WK 2019: Nederland - Japan 2-1 (Achtste finale)

4. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    They pressed Japan hard in the opening first half and scored the first goal, but could not keep it up. Japan took the control about half way and scored the tie goal. Second half same story. In a way they were lucky as Japan was not clinical in the finish as they had many dangerous chances, then came the PK in the last minute of the game. They needed to have a better plan and play better as Italy is a good team, and possibly Germany (which I think better than Sweden) and then US (or France or England, in descending order of favourite). I'd love Canada to beat Sweden and upset Germany to face Netherlands in the semi final but they did not live up to the expectation or their ranking (e.g. I blame it on their coach).

5. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    My guess: England - USA and Netherlands - Germany SF. USA - Netherlands final.

6. I think Wiegmans needs to replace Shanice vd Sanden with Beerenstein. SvdS just seems to lack the energy to do the things she normally can. So it's time to replace her with that other energy bunny we need to drive the Italians into desperation.

7. The match vs Japan had 3.6 million viewers in the Netherlands.

8. France has issued a Red Alert for the weather, being temperatures are going to reach dangerous levels all over the country, especially for feable persons or those with heavy physical jobs.
    I wonder if those conditions are present on saturday, if the match can be played because of the health issues.

9. Saturday, June 29th in Valenciennes.
    upload_2019-6-28_14-12-30.png

upload_2019-6-28_14-14-9.png

10. The Orange Lionesses are breaking viewing record after record on tv for women matches. They even managed to beat high profile Orange Lions matches.
    Yesterday evening it was complained about that in the streets, unlike with Orange Lions tournements, hardly an Orange presence is to be seen.

11. The Spanish paper El Mundo reports about a 17 year old boy who died because of labour during the heat of the day in the Spanish province Cordoba today.
    FIFA can't hide themselves for having that match on that hour if it turns ugly.
    In my opinion health authorities must scrutinise this match and put it to a stop if it's getting dangerous.
    https://www.elmundo.es/andalucia/2019/06/27/5d152682fc6c832c3c8b45fe.html
    Ola de calor
    Castro del Río
    Un menor de 17 años muere por un golpe de calor cuando trabajaba en el campo en Córdoba
    • CHEMA RODRÍGUEZ | EFE
      Córdoba
    Viernes, 28 junio 2019 - 13:10La familia del joven es muy conocida en el municipio. Su muerte ha causado una honda conmoción entre sus compañeros del instituto, que terminaron las clases hace pocos días.

12. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    The US women team reminds me of the Dutch 2008 Euro team with very fast in attack/counter attack, on the wings and tremendous talent up front. Let's see if England can do better than France. Can't wait for Netherlands - Italy game. My colleague commented that Miedema's shot is as good as any male footballer! Not surprised to learn that she used to play football with boys. I hope that they can win the first WC so that it can make the men team to feel ashamed/motivated to win the WC as well.

Orange14 repped this.
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Disappointed in France. I expected more from them

14. FIFA has rejected a request by the KNVB for playing the match later on the day, because of the expected temperature of 33 celcius.
    Health authorities can intervene when they see immediate health danger/life threatening circumstances. Maybe a warning of them they keep a close eye on what's happening and if necesary put an end to the match would have made FIFA rethink.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FIFA has rules for water breaks under conditions like this. I think they stop play away the 30 minute mark. I guess when they planned this WC they forgot about global b warming!

16. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    This has been pure domination from the Dutch. The Italians could hardly touch the ball

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Another deserved win. 7 of their last 9 goals were all scored in the 2nd half. I thought the Italians were slightly better in the 1st half, but we we much better in the 2nd.

Looks like we're gonna have to play Germany next and that will be their first big test

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^ probably because Valenciennes is such a short drive from the border

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Germany look beatable too

20. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    100% agree. If they still have fitness to play like that for 2 more games they can win it all.
    Swedish goalkeeper is good with PK.