The direction of this board *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Soccer History' started by Teso Dos Bichos, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Great to see it finally put in place. I would assume the profiles can be moved over here. Aside from that, do we want to start anew or identify some of the great threads of the past to be resurrected? In short, what direction would you guys like this board to take?

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: The direction of this board

I think the profile threads should be here. Probably we can add all the profiles we're putting together for the draft game.

Some superior historical threads (like the DoD for example) would seem to belong here, so they don't get lost among the everyday discussions.

Also, I think the thread comme started about the history of the WC should proabably belong here.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Wow!!! This is fast.

We need to move some of the old threads here.

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

If you guys would like, I can move a copy of the Great Italian Player Thread here; but only if everyone would want that...

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think that thread would be a great addition.

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Done. It's now in this forum.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

How do we move threads from other forums? This forum is very quiet.

8. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree

Go for it. Even novices like myself wouldn't mind having a read of anything that has a long history to it.
    Even if you find a thread on when the world cup soccer started would be handy as well.

9. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree

Ask the mods to do it.

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

It's a great idea to have a forum solely on the history on the game. I just hope that this doesn't become a dumping ground for dror_khayat's repetitive polls.

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

He deserves a forum ban.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

The Profile threads have been copied over into this subforum. I've left them in the BG forum as well for the time being to avoid confusion, but will eventually unstick those. So, for the time being, lets keep posting profiles here. Thanks to all for their work on those.
    Also, if there are other older threads you'd like to be moved to this subforum, please post them on this thread.

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

How about the DoD thread? It certainly qualifies as historical, as it is based on some fans getting together and forming what we deemed to be the best all-time teams.

Maybe also the selection thread from the all-time draft that is taking place now could eventually be moved here. Or alternatively, the profiles of the players chosen could be linked to where they're listed in the complimentary profile thread that Gregoriak started.

14. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich

That complementary thread will be reposted soon. There's now a limit on how many image tags can be used per post and every post in said thread exceeds that limit. Hence Nicephoras is unable to edit posts in the thread. The only solution would be to get rid of the pics (or most of them) but that is not an option. Thus I will have to re-post the whole thread, this time using smaller chapters so that the tags limit will not be exceeded. The old thread will be deleted after that.

Regarding the profiles written for the ATD, I have already included some of them in my rewrite of the old Complementary thread. However I think only genuine profiles should be included, not things that were copied from wikipedia.