The Definitive Luis Figo Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by JuveleoRules, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figo Rules

Figo Rules Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Happy Birthday, Luis! Ye olde bastid. ;)

Let's all hope July 9th is another day for you to celebrate. :D

2. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
  3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here to hope he keeps at the same level.

4. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Just got done watching Lazio vs Inter and altough the final result was 0-0 ,Luis Figo was voted" man of the match "..........He started the game on the left wing,than he moved over to the right ,however he played in the center of the field the entire 2nd half and thats where he did great,his passes were pin point precise however Adriano and Martins were in a bad day and never took advantage...

After watching this game i can surely say that Figo is more of a number 10 at this stage in his career opposed to being a winger ,because of his age he no longer has the speed of a young guy,but his experience and maturity are making him a real organiser.....Can Deco and Figo play in the middle of the park with Ronaldo and Simao/Boa Morte on the wings?

Any toughts....

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hummm....Deco and Figo in the middle with Ronaldo and Simao/Boa Morte on the wings. We would have to give up a central Defensive Midfeilder....either Manich or Costinha most proboly. It could work, the question would be do we have enough confidende in our back four with only 1 central midfeild defender....

Or we could abondon the Central Midfeilder Defenders altogether and go with 2 strikers up front.....But i dont think that will happen...

6. Tiago Mefisto

Tiago Mefisto New Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Vice City
    I agree with you
    He did a great job in the 2nd half when he play at the "attack mid-field centre"position :)

7. golmirivan

golmirivan New Member

Dec 28, 2001
    east brunswick
    He also had a good game against Porto.

8. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
  9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Luis Figo and Carlos Queiroz car continues to surprise he was second in last week race and today finish first in Jerez tests in Spain
    the driver of the car the upcoming star Alvaro Parente a 20 year old kid

http://www.a1teampor.com/port/

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Luis Figo scored today in Inter's Serie A match with Parma

they are winning 1-0 in the second half at the moment.

Forca Luis Figo

11. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he played like crap.... til he scored.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol....I believe that. Does anyone have a link to the goal?

14. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    i seen the game and i dont think he played that bad

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    who made that long cross to martins? fvck i never seen a precise cross in my life.

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Re: Figo voted for the 8th time the best portuguese, [R]

with goals in the last two games, don't be surprise if he wins the award for the 9th time, ahead of Deco and C Ronaldo

17. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    2 goals in the last 2 games

18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah and did you see his pass to Adriano for the second goal? GRANDE FIGO.

I dont care Figo has still got it I really want him to keep it up O CAPITAO LUIS FIGO.

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  20. Ricardinho10

Ricardinho10 New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    Joburg, South Africa
    I must be honest i dissed the player a couple of weeks back and said he was finished but he has come out and proved me wrong.It's not only his goals that are impressing me but reports coming out of inter is that he has the respect of the other players and is a sort of a leader and inspiration to the younger players.I am very impressed and i say keep doing your thing hopefully Figo's form will last until and beyound world 2006. :)

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  22. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    good he deserves it.... maybe figo leaving afected him someway

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Figo was loved by the fans, and he was by far one of the best players of last season
    Butragueno - Real Sad day
    when it comes to push and shove, Queiroz if not mistaken was the last coach with some kind of success
    http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=690515&idCanal=44

portuguese fans comments
    Domingo, 4 Dezembro
    23:14 - manny farias
    Real MAdrid facam me um favor deem a camisola do Figo a este Sr porque ele veio para dizer que robinho ia resolver os problemas do Real e inda por cima deu-lha a camisola do HOMEN LUIS FIGO Sr D a BOLA grande Luchemburgo pensavas que nao chegava o teu dia temos trabalho aqui nas construcoes nos Estados Unidos reservado para ti vem trabalhar e aprender que sermos UMILDES e muito bom podemos usar esses argumentos amanha para nos defender agora...

22:45 - Rui Torres
    Pois, pois. Mas não muda nada. Confundiram futebol com circo e para de estrelas. Deram cabo da equipa, gastaram um balúrdio e deixaram de vendar camisolas.Agora têm de começar do inicio. Terão coragem!?

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Figo will not be able to give Porto a hand, his not even making the trip to Glasgow

Futebol/Liga dos Campeões: Inter deixa parte das “estrelas” em Itália O treinador do Inter de Milão, Roberto Mancini, deixou mais de metade da equipa em Itália, não fazendo deslocar as suas principais “estrelas” a Glasgow, para o jogo de amanhã, frente ao Rangers. Foram poupados, Júlio Cruz e Recoba, por estarem lesionados, e ainda Cordoba, Luís Figo, Stankovic, Veron e Killy Gonzalez, por opção. Já apurado para a fase seguinte da Liga dos Campeões, o Inter, caso ganhe na Escócia, pode contribuir para a manutenção do FC Porto na prova, mas as coisas tal como estão ficam claramente mais difíceis

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Os 7 pecados the Luxemburgo

OS 7 PECADOS

DISPENSA DE FIGO
    Vanderlei joga sem extremos e dispensou o português, mas a verdade é que o Madrid ganhou menos sem o “10”

JOGO SEM ESPECTÁCULO
    Os resultados acompanharam o brasileiro (28 vitórias em 43 jogos), mas as exibições deixaram quase sempre a desejar

BALNEÁRIO COM DUAS CARAS
    Divisão entre brasileiros e o resto. Os festejos dos golos provam essa ideia, quando Helguera criticou Ronaldo e Cª

QUADRADO MÁGICO
    A renúncia de extremos (Figo foi um claro exemplo) leva à mítica expressão que não convence ninguém

INOVAÇÃO DO AURICULAR
    Raúl testou o aparelho com Vanderlei de “walkie-talkie” na mão, numa altura em que já ninguém aturava mais “novidades”

SUBSTITUIÇÕES CRITICADAS
    Michel Salgado por Bechkam e Gravesen por Ronaldo foram duas das substituições mais assobiadas na história dos “merengues”

SEM CONFIANÇA NA CANTERA
    Apenas Soldado foi utilizado e, mesmo assim, sem muito tempo de jogo útil. Foi mais uma acha para a fogueira.