The Definitive Luis Figo Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by JuveleoRules, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Here is a nice one!!!

[​IMG]

2. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Figo when subbed against England!!!

[​IMG]

3. Forever-Sporting

Forever-Sporting New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Hes wearing the new total 90 supremacy black and gold :eek: those things are sexy!

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joelzinho,Is that you?

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Old times live forever.

6. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I almost forgot...............................

FIGO SUCKS!!!:D

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    On second watch of the Lux game Figo played better then what I first thought. Although it was not his best performance the goal put away any doubts that he played very well.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The goal was grimey. Catch the ball on his chest, keep his pace, fight of the defenders intial challenge and off-put the goalie and then scouped that bad boy. Keep that swagger Figo

9. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    That was a classy goal. Not many players that can take a 50 yd pass, chest trapp it on a dime, have the defender lock up his right foot, and still have the presence of mind to chip the ball away from the keeper.

Like the old timers say: Foi um golo de tirar o chapeu. :D

10. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I hope he scores at least one vs France.

11. Portista Sempre

Portista Sempre New Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Hopefully he does get a goal but first what we will need is a good performance from him.

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

For those sunny days in Algarve.

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Oh yeah, and he leaves the NT again .

14. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's upsetting to think that he has never scored in the World Cup.

Regardless of how many goals he set-up himself, it really is sad to think that he never got to celebrate a goal at the biggest stage.

But at least he's going to get a Scudetto. Now he's just missing a Portuguese league title and he'll have won the league in every country he's ever played in. ;)

15. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So TO Devils was saying...

Oh yeah...

FIGO SUCXKS UBER HARDCORE!

I'm loving how none of the Figo haters have come back here to retract their statements.

16. eshockey87

eshockey87 New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Newark
    Figo is done and was done before the euro..he used to play to score now he is not capable.The only thing I like from him is his classiness and how he is so profeesional but this sport needs young legs and Figo doesnt have what it take anymore.Scolari respected the fact that he wanted to return but i think it was best if he had done what rui costa did.

Portugal has leaders such as Deco and Simao or our defenders but what should of happened was Quaresma playing in Figos spot i think we would of made it farther then ever.Quaresma is much faster nd as skillfull ronaldo i also think he can score more then ronaldo and figo put together.This is why im glad Figo is retiring and even though he never won the gold he leaves as a legend now its the younger ones to start a new era.Brazil is now called the Portugal of south america lmao.

17. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    before the start of the wc i thought exactly the same as you did. but having seen him playing, i have to admit, that i have to rais my hat for his excellence. he might not be the fastest anymore but in my eyes he was one of the best players in the team. he did what was expected of him, playing for the others and he did that fairly well.
    i think that simao has a lot of talent but unfortunately he will not be as good as figo. quaresma i saw him play only a few times, is the same problem that ronaldo has, he loves to see himself playing and forgets about the others too often. he is very talented but needs to mature and become a team player. hopefully the coaches in the clubs and scolari will manage to emphasize the importance of teamplay...

18. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I've always enjoyed watching Figo play. He was never a prolific goal scorer and always played for his team mates.

He passing was legendary and his vision was top class. It was evident a few times in this WC that he didn't have legs to run with the younger guys, but his skill on the ball and experience helped him to keep posession and make plays for his team mates.

I knew he would have a solid WC. He said he was in the best shape he has ever been in the last few years. If anyone watched Serie A this year, you could see he was running the show quite a bit for Inter and that was translated to the NT.

It was definitely great to see him finish his last game with a legendary pin-point perfect cross for a goal.

His leadership will be missed, but his time has come.

19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I second that

20. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How can you honestly believe this comment?

This is classic...

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Figo did very well during the tournament, except for 2 games. We don't know how exactly Quaresma would have faired, but I am sure he would have played relatively good as well.

We will get to see him on the team come Euro 2008, the only thing that bothers me is that he might not start. Simao might still be ahead of him....

22. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Thats cause Simao is much more effective than Quaresma. That little kick with the outside of his foot was great the first like 2 times, but it gets really annoying after a while.

23. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Figo was PIMP in the WC, if I do say so myself. :D

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes it does, espically since that appears to be the only way he can succesfully complete a cross from the left side. Although, the fact that Quaresma gets so many assists off in in the league, also ad to the fact that he won MVP of the league says something...I am just not quite sure what it is yet. Nevertheless I would prefer Quaresma over Simao in the futur.

25. Montreal_portugal

Montreal_portugal New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Montreal

if quaresma had played instead of figo agaisnt holland he would of knocked the gyu out instead of headbuting him