The Death of Brimstone?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by wcharriscpa, Jul 13, 2005.

1. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA
    While I like the idea, in theory, of the Brimstone Cup, I'm not one of the Fire or FC Dallas fans who really think it's a good idea to have two cities separated geographically by that much as a derby set of matches.

The Brimstone Cup won't ever die as long as there are fans willing to keep it alive in the two cities (I mean, Detroit and Colorado in hockey is more important to the fans in Detroit and Denver than is the natural derby between Detroit and Chicago).

However, if you guys get Houston (seemingly decided) and we get Milwaukee (crossing my fingers with hope), both will be true derbies in that the fans will be able to travel between the cities and create very fierce rivalries inside the stadiums (which of course can only help attendance for the matches).

3. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milwaukee??? That's a bolt out of the blue. I don't remember their name ever being mentioned among the expansion cities. Thought for sure Rochester would get the go ahead.

4. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    F that, the brimstone cup is not dead. Rivalries are made on the field, not on highways.

5. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    why would this affect the Brimstone? What you can't have more than one rival? Nonsense!

6. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn straight. Bill Q got a little happy with his coloring of the story. Trust me - Brimstone ain't goin' nowhere. Esp. after Chicago finally decided to show back up.

I mean, come on. If that logic worked out, why isn't Chicago-Columbus one of the biggest rivalries in the league? Stupid.

I mean, sure, there will be rivalries, but look all around in sports - you have teams with multiple rivalries. Locally, see UT, A&M, OU at the collegiate level. Or the Cowboys in the NFL.

7. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    I don't doubt that Chicago-Milwaukee will be a good rivalry, but Brimstone won't die. There's no law saying that you're only allowed to have one rival.

And thanks boomer for giving every fan a new line for their sig.

8. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm right there with ya', brotha'.

9. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx

Genius, For this help yourself to a beer from the Inferno cooler.................. oh wait........ ummmmmm............ nevermind.

10. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

nick, you know the inferno cooler is much too classy for me. Wheres the Lonestar???

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coors Original is too classy for you?