The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Walter3000, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She looks 50

2. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    She's a 50 out of 10.

3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know - from certain angles she looks like one of Joker's "models" from the Keaton batman film........

4. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is a topic that needs debate. I see her appeal but I don't think it's her looks. I think it's because I don't doubt that if I was in a bar, I could chat her up. She's not too hot but that's what makes her hot. She's just not hot enough that I think I'd have a chance. Make sense?

I mean, look at her boyfriend. Damn he must have some great weed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although, obviously, NO-ONE is as hot as Jenna Fischer.

6. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Oh please, it was people like you who said no other performance will ever live up to Jack's before all you guys saw this movie. The hypocricy is outstanding amongst these Heath Ledger fans. His role will be re-cast, and there is the potential to live up to what he did, and even out do it.

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You're a moron. I knew when I saw you were on my ignore list, not to look at your post but I did and no I am sorry for doing so.

8. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Johnny Depp LMFAO. I'm not a Heath Ledger fan at all, I simply think he was brilliant in this one role.

9. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, but the point I'm making is that it can be recast.
    What's so moronic about that post?

10. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    are you newyorkerr in disguise!"

"are you newyorkerr in disguise!"

11. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No, just my honest opinion. Not trying to stir up something here.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Then reread the tone of your post here:

13. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It may be a little strong. If that's the problem you had with it, than I whole heartedly apologize. However, all that was said is dead accurate.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am no Ledger fan. In fact in general I loathe movies and don't watch them. However you can't say that Ledger's performance was not incredible. I don't see a lot of movies and I could tell he stole the show. I can give to craps whether he wins the award, but I do think it's a shame that if he does, people will immediately say it was because he died. I think he deserves it. I don't have a whole lot to judge it against because most movies are crap.

I am not sure if they'll recast it. I don't think they will and I have a hard time thinking of any actor that could put in such a performance. The joker's been done twice now. Jack and Ledger's portrayals at contrasts in the characters. I don't think another actor could come in and recreate the role. It's been done, it's been perfected. For here out I think we'll see the Joker in a periphery role. They'll do 1-2 more now focusing on Two Face (Harvey Dent). You called people who say that Ledger fans are hypocrites for saying Jack's performance was great and then Ledger tops it. However doesn't that say a lot about Heath that you can compare his performance to one of the greatest actors in modern time?

15. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It was good, no denying that.

On a side note, Two-Face dies at the end.

16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Interestingly, this was my dinner conversation with my brother in laws last night. I still doubt that Two Face is dead. Dent is dead, yes. They have a "funeral" for Dent, however Two Face's who schtick (for lack of a better word) is that he always does one thing and the opposite. I am not entirely convinced that the funeral was for Dent but not Two Face. He's too strong (and much too important of a character in the Batman world) to kill off in one movie. He's arguably the most intriguing character in all the books after Batman.

18. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The two face in the movie was completely different from the comic book and tv shows. He's usually has a split personality and is crazy. In the Dark Knight, Two Face is just a tragic hero turned into an angry vigalante. His split personality is not present anywhere. The way they created his look, it was up to the audience to decide which side of his face they wanted to look at. Not saying it was a bad way of portraying him, but it's not the Two-Face we usually are accustomed to.

19. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was very skeptical of the character actually being dead myself.

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed. This is Hollywood people, don't believe what you see and never ignore the fact they will conveniently re-write history if needed (or in some cases overlook films entirely, I'm looking at you Rocky V, may you burn in hell).

In Two-Face's case, it wouldn't be too hard to explain why he isn't dead.

21. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw the movie. Best movie I've seen in ages and I gotta thank you guys for convincing me to go see it in theaters because a movie has to be good if it gets a five page thread about it on bigsoccer! I dislike superhero movies but this was different. Looking forward to the new terminator movie too!