The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Books' started by MikeLastort2, Oct 15, 2003.

1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    saw bits and pieces of the abc special the other night. i am going to pick up the book tonight and give it a read, hopefully i will enjoy it as much as everyone here has...looking forward to it.

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I just got these three Dan Brown books in the mail from Amazon

Angels and Demons, Deception Point and Digital Fortress

3. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    ditto

4. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    I just got "The Da Vinci Code" in the mail, so I haven't had a chance to start yet. I'm just finishing up "Angels and Demons." They're great page turners. I guess I'll have to order the other books, too.

5. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Maybe, like me, he saw a crappy version of Mozart's "The Magic Flute". What a frickin stinker. That had me pissed off against them.

6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can find the Gnostic Gospels, or parts thereof, just about anywhere nowadays. I myself have bought the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Mary, and have studied them a bit. Do a search on Amazon.com to get a feel for the various titles out there. Well worth it.

Also, read some Elaine Pagels to get a historical context for them all.

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    well i finally started reading it thursday on a flight to canada.

finished the first half of the book on the way up there, finished the second half on the way back home...reading the last chapter as we were pulling in to the gate in columbus. perfect timing.

excellent book indeed, really enjoyed it. time to pick up his other books. anyone wanna recomend which of the others i should start with?

8. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    I got a copy for Christmas and read it in a couple sittings. Definitely engrossing page-turner kind of stuff, although I didn't really find any of the religious/historical stuff to be particularly radical or new.

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    anyone care to help me out? mike?

is there a progression to which i should read his others?