The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread: Part X. [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, May 2, 2010.

1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    But Madrid already have Modric, the best player in the world. CR7 would only get in his way :ROFLMAO:

RedBullSeven and Sumol repped this.
  2. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Post of the year.

RedBullSeven repped this.
  3. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #1753 Sumol, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Cristiano Ronaldo will reportedly not make the final three for the Ballon d'Or this year.

The biggest slap in the face in the history of the game.

At least now he knows how important it is to show up and perform for the national team. That will overshadow everything else. After the game against Spain, he played like garbage at the World Cup and his most cherished trophy slipped right through his hands as a result.

Portugal > Club football

I still think he should have won the balon d'or because club football is a much longer process and takes huge skill to be as consistent as he was during an entire season. He did that and he got absolutely nothing out of it. Astonishing.

Seleção, Cristiano!

Seleção!

Retain the Euro.

4. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You can’t blame Ronaldo for the whole team playing like shit. Fernando Santos should take the blame as well.

SCP_16 repped this.
  5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So it's Ronaldos fault that the rest of the team sucked ass?

6. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He showed up big time against Spain but got lethargic in the other games.

He did miss that penalty against Iran which had he scored it, we would have been on the easier side of the brackett. The Iranian goalkeeper was homeless just last year.

He was luckily wide open for that goal against Morocco but for the rest of that game, he wouldn't stop giving the ball away. Morocco should have beat us.

7. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We would of beat Iran 9 times out of 10 if we pressed our superior offense against them but we let them pressed offense against us which eventually cracked our defense and we pay for it. That is why we didn’t proceed to the easier side of the bracket.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Exactly.

Blame Santos, or better yet, blame that scrub Bernardo Silva for doing absolutely nothing. Blame Guedes as well.

Ronaldo was the only player to show up for Portugal at all. If anything, blame the rest of the spineless scrubs for disappearing.

9. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No. We did attack them, we just had no answer aside from individual brilliance from Quaresma. They are defensively astute. Ronaldo had an opportunity to win the game against a prop that was homeless just last year, and he failed. That is why we did not progress to the ideal side. Ronaldo could have also had a red card in that game.

Well, of course the entire team is to blame but it's extremely evident to me that after the game against Spain, Ronaldo felt fulfilled. He seemed to be losing his hunger. The following game against Morocco, he had one of the worst games i have ever seen him play in a Portugal jersey. You saw what happened against Iran and then against Uruguay he was dust.

I'm not blaming Ronaldo for everything, i am just saying at least now he knows the national team is the most important if he wants to guarantee the awards.

If he falls flat there, his awards will be nullified.

10. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    His awards were nullified when he left RM just saying if you know what I mean;)

11. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People think a month long tournament means more than the other 11 months

12. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    He’s going to get snub. However, that might motivate him to play even better. He’s an animal when he has a chip on his shoulder.

13. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I hope they give it to Modric just for the memes alone.

14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Exactly. CR7 showed up. Sure he missed a PK but it's not like he was shaking in his pants, closed his eyes and launched it over the net. No one showed up to attack and we had to rely on CR7 and Quaresma.

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So this year is still going on and despite a sweetheart path to the World cup final and piggy backing Ronaldo to a 3rd CL Modric is now leading Real to 7th in La Liga and Croatia RELEGATED from the Nations league...yeah what a great year Best in the world LMAO

nbstriker8 and verde-rubro repped this.
  16. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    X2

17. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Messi deserves it but there's no chance in hell Modric should win over Ronaldo.

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

LMFAO. Messi?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lmao based on what? La Liga where he's set up to succeed every year? Did he even play one decent game at the world cup?

20. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    CR7 has been banging goals all over the place in 2018 and now he is turning into an assist machine.

21. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think Serie A is molding CR7 into the player that Santos wants him to be.

22. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Ronaldo, and even Messi for that case, losing to Modric for the Ballon D'Or is... a joke. Simple as that, really.

A travesty for CR7 because it would set the record vs. Messi at 6-5. Legit case of voters just tired of voting for CR7 & Messi and opting for...whatever else. I would say "best of the rest" if this was a few months ago, but Modric has proved since the start of this season his name should never be uttered in the same sentence as Ronaldo and Messi. This guy was once voted as one of the worst La Liga transfers. Ronaldo and Messi at their worst would be the best, anywhere.

********ing disgusting.

Brightside in recent months, from a personal perspective, hopefully the next Portuguese Ballon D'or Winner... my cousin has hit the big time.
    His name is Joao Felix Sequeira. Joao Felix for short. Ya'll may have heard of him, and yes, I'll present proof if ya'all want(hit up his grandparent's house recently, they got some fly pictures adorned on the walls).

A very proud primo indeed.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  23. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1773 nbstriker8, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Played in the same league as Ronaldo and Modric and had more goals and assists than either. And won that league. And his team didn't lose a game he played in in the league.

[​IMG]

How can you seriously say someone other than this dude from la Liga should win?

24. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And real Madrid was not set up to succeed? Dumb argument.

25. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joao Felix is awesome.