The Costa Stomp

Discussion in 'Cups & Competitions' started by baseballbert, Jan 27, 2015.

1. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Just saw it, didn't look that blatant. If it was intentional he sold it really well.

Looked like he was stepping after the ball. I was expecting a full on stomp like he was putting out small fires.

2. CantonaSeagulls

CantonaSeagulls New Member

Dec 20, 2014
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not so sure. His two stamps were square on the other player's leg, the likelihood of that happening is very slim especially the first one. He could easily have avoided Can's leg but stepped on it and ran off. Again, this is also a player who loves to antagonize, grab, and elbow opponents so I'm pretty skeptical that it was accidental. At least twice.

3. Sloth

Sloth Member

May 4, 2011
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it was definitely intentional. He will be banned for it and rightfully so because I don't agree with that behaviour, if a Liverpool player did that to one of ours I would be furious and of course I would want action to be taken.

What is bothering me about all this is that suspensions and bans are all media-driven, it seems that the F.A. only act on incidents that become big, other than that they just leave them alone. You could have brought up Skrtels elbow in the same light Sky did and action would have been taken, the same course of action also. The reason it's become such a big hit is because these stories sell, we all know Costa and his reputation, and it doesn't help him.

I'm not going to point to many fingers because at the end of the day we should take it on the chin, if anyone is to blame it is Diego Costa. I just wish the F.A. would actually act on these incidents more not just because it's a headline.

4. CantonaSeagulls

CantonaSeagulls New Member

Dec 20, 2014
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree with you, a similar incident happened with Aguero when he stomped on David Luiz a year or two back. That went unnoticed. Is it frustrating how each incident is isolated like that. I believe Markovic threw an elbow that wasn't even on replay in the first half of that game as well.

Sloth repped this.
  5. Sloth

Sloth Member

May 4, 2011
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There is right and wrong done in every situation so far, Aguero also stomped on a players fingers earlier in the season and nothing was said about it.

The same when Diego Costa handled Sigurdson to the ground by his face nothing has been said about it. I think with Sky’s reports and the headlines in the papers stating the controversy has definitely kick-started it. With good reason though, he shouldn't get away with something like that, but neither should so many others that go unpunished.

People are always going to complain and that's because it is how the F.A. run things, I'm sure your club has had a few of these moments also.

6. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It was a clean play, Diego Costa should not have been banned! The refs are against Mourinho!

7. E Pope

E Pope New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

8. E Pope

E Pope New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC