The Copa America 2011 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Nov 9, 2010.

1. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    On point!!!

Let me start with Raldes... Quinteros should have brought some young blood and let Raldes build that defense. Let Raldes pass his experience and work habits to the youngster. Raldes has hopefully 3 to 5 more years and i would like to see him in the roll that Mario Yapes (age 35) plays in the back for Colombia.

Now! I remember bitching when this guy got called for the NT and got more playing than other players that really deserved.

Full name José Alfredo Castillo Parada
    Born February 9, 1983 (age 28)
    Playing position Striker

I believe Quinteros does not have a plan, and his big excuse has been "our goal is Brazil 2014." He had time since early March to build a base for the NT. However, he chose to build and old team and try to play a fast and aggressive game.

Someone stated: "Quinteros is still on trial" I believe the verdict is in and it doesn't look good for Quinteros. Quinteros once again took the easy way out and got a bunch of old farts and called it a team!

The break down of our NT... I am going to trow some names and let me know why or why not! remember this are just options, it is not written on stone. I could not find information on some of the players unfortunately.

1 GK Carlos Erwin Arias 27 April 1982 (aged 29)
    23 GK Sergio Galarza 25 August 1975 (aged 35)
    12 GK Daniel Vaca 3 November 1978 (aged 32)

WTF... bringing Lampe and either Pedro or Billy, I believe would have been a step on the right direction.

Full name Carlos Emilio Lampe Porras
    Born March 17, 1987 (age 24)
    Height 1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)

GK Pedro Lusquiño May 25, 1992 (aged 18)

GK Billy Viscarra Bruckner 18/19 años

----------------

Ummm... The place where we really need the most help. I believe we have diamonds in the ruff.

4 DF Lorgio Álvarez 29 June 1978 (
    aged 33)
    13 DF Santos Amador 6 April 1982 (aged 29)

3 DF Luis Gutiérrez 15 January 1985 (aged 26)
    2 DF Miguel Hoyos 11 March 1981 (aged 30)
    16 DF Ronald Raldes 20 April 1981 (aged 30)
    5 DF Ronald Rivero 29 January 1980 (aged 31)
    14 DF Christian Vargas 9 August 1983 (aged 27)

Personal information
    Full name Carlos Hugo Tordoya Pizarro
    Date of birth July 31, 1987 (age 23)
    Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
    Playing position Defender

Personal information
    Full name Sergio Antonio Jáuregui Landivar
    Date of birth March 13, 1985 (age 26)
    Height 1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
    Playing position Right Defender

Personal information
    Full name Luis Javier Méndez Moza
    Date of birth July 12, 1985 (age 25)
    Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)

Personal information
    Full name Jorge Marcos Andia Pizarro
    Date of birth February 8, 1988 (age 23)
    Place of birth Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
    Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
    Playing position Defensive Midfielder

Personal information
    Full name Ronald Lorgio Suárez Saucedo
    Date of birth December 5, 1990 (age 20)
    Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)

Personal information
    Full name Jorge Marcos Andia Pizarro
    Date of birth February 8, 1988 (age 23)
    Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
    Playing position Defensive Midfielder

DF Cristian Coimbra

DF Jorge Toco

DF Marvin Bejarano

-------------------

ok... I think we can we can improve here and have a solid Midfield.

21 MF Jhasmani Campos 10 May 1988 (aged 23)
    22 MF Rudy Cardozo 14 February 1990 (aged 21)
    19 MF José Luis Chávez 18 May 1986 (aged 25)
    6 MF Wálter Flores 29 October 1978 (aged 32)
    8 MF Ronald García 17 December 1980 (aged 30)
    7 MF Edvaldo Hermoza 17 November 1985 (aged 25)
    15 MF Jaime Robles 2 February 1978 (aged 33)
    10 MF Joselito Vaca 12 August 1982 (aged 28) ==> Pecho frio
    20 MF Mauricio Saucedo 14 August 1985 (aged 25)

Full name Samuel Galindo Suheiro
    Born 18 April 1992 (age 19)
    Height 1.94 m (6 ft 4 1⁄2 in)

MF Alejandro Chumacero

MF Vicente Arze

--------------

well here ... Arce needs to bulk up a bit and Marcelo needs to play even if it is in the MLS.

17 FW Juan Carlos Arce 10 April 1985 (aged 26)
    9 FW Marcelo Martins 18 June 1987 (aged 24)
    18 FW Ricardo Pedriel 19 January 1987 (aged 24)
    11 FW Alcides Peña 14 January 1989 (aged 22)

Thus, since March till now...it has been a waste of time along with his famous mini-cycles.

What will Quinteros do now?

2. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    lol ^^

Creo que rompe canillas jugaria mejor de defensa...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL, well it just seems like its the same old POLITICS of the FBF, we clearly arent taking our best/promising players!!! when a guy like Santos Amador makes the roster makes for a huge WTF, dude is tall and thats the only reason hes playing A SPORT in Bolivia, he looks stupid and lost out there( uncoordinated) but enough on dummy Amador, I just hope the Politics of old where the Nats call players based on who they new or where they were from is not happening again, I dont care where anyone is from weather its from Beni La paz Sucre or Lake titicaca, we just need our best available players!!!!! and lets say chau to our senior citizens on the roster(except for the obvious few que se rompen como nadie :D)

4. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Santos Amador is massive crap, he screwed us up in both goals.

5. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Im very disappointed guys. Quinteros did excellent in the first game cuz we didnt have to run much to be realist. Argentina did the running. First of all, I crititize Quinteros for NOT LETTING EDIVALDO MOVE. Edivaldo played excellent with Argentina as a forward with Martins, then....never again? why Arce? Martins even said Edivaldo and him are best friends. Arce always runs to the wings and he should have played right no doubt. Jhasmani Campos, and no offense to the orientas.. is way fat. He doesnt really deserve to play, I see him in a couple of years or less getting replaced. he lacks speed even with the u-22s? thats a shame. Alvarez, Rivero, Raldes, Gutierrez. Im pleased. solid defense but got crazy to get the win vs costa rica. I blame the midfield simply. Robles is way too slow but he isnt as crazy as Flores. Guys. WHY ROBLES AND FLORES? and NOT at least Garcia and Chumacero? Quinteros error.... Another error is why not call up Samuel Galindo? im pretty sure the u-22s would have never touched Samuel Galindo like the mexicans. Quinteros error...Martins needs to stay with Edivaldo!!!!!! Quinteros error.. I must say confidently. Bolivia needs to build the team around Samuel Galindo. Marcelo Martins Moreno is a star player. I dont want anyone hating on him. He does need a team though. But not a crap team. def not MLS. Shakhtar needs to play him more and trust him too. He is excellent up top and hopefully Pederial can help him if Rojas cant. He played top vs Argentina but we cant rely on one player to net everything. plus unfortunely lacks playing time with so much quality. BUILD the team around Samuel Galindo and I promise Bolivia will be back on top

6. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Lineup should be for eliminatorias

Chumacero, Samuel Galindo, the boy who plays in Brasil defense, Lorgio Suarez, Its a shame...not enough top products but thankfully Samuel Galindo is worth 3 bolivians

7. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We suck...we sucked before and we will suck in eliminatorias 2014.

We are BY FAR the worst team in the Americas. North, Central and South. I can't believe I had high expectations from this bunch of no-good a-holes.:mad::mad:

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Someone needs a hug:D

cheer up guys, there's always qualifiers........right?............right?

9. AleBoliviano

AleBoliviano Member

Sep 14, 2007
    NOVA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Im sorry to say but Marcelo Moreno is horrible. He is not a quality forward. So what if he is big, he couldn't win a header last game and his finishing is horrible. Lets check our younger options. Moreno belongs in the bench at best. I liked what alcides did last game. Although he screwed up a few times, he always had the ball moving FORWARD. He at least had the balls to take some players on without any help. All Moreno does is TRY to head the ball back to the midfield after a long cross. Unless we get some quality wing players with speed, Moreno is obsolete.

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    In the 108 minutes Joselito Vaca played for Bolivia, they didn't receive a goal and were in front (1-0 to Argentina) for 63 minutes.

Why did the Gus Quinteros take him out for the second game? Why only bring him in in the third when Bolivia was already behind 2-0?

Joselito is vital to the integrity of the Bolivian team. Take him out and the team loses all shape. He may not be the great player many expected him to become when he was a teen, but for chrissakes the guy is solid and has ideas!

PS: I disagree that the Copa should be to experiment with young teams. That's what friendlies are for. CR and Mex are using younger guys only because they were forced by CONCACAF.

11. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BOOM..Right on Point

i cant believe you guys believe this is Quinteros' fault..this problem tracks back to the lack of player development MANY MANY years ago...some of you guys wanted to WIN this tournament but we cant win or even score a REAL goal

We suck period. in every aspect. and it takes more than half a year regardless of the coach to get results

12. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True that bro!!! Quinteros isnt playing on the field, all he can do is coach!!! we need to give him time!! by the way random question, what ever happened to that guy Justiniano that played with Galindo and Gilbert Alvarez, he was very talented

13. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Quinteros put Jhasmani campos in the last two games... I heard that there were scouts looking at Jhasmani C. and I believe that is why Quinteros put him in from of Edivaldo in both games.

Regarding the CONCACAF I agree with you... but I heard that Manu gave the option to federation... chicharito will play either Copa de Oro or Copa America, but not both. how will that work with the clubs?

14. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Once I seen the process of his mini-cycles and the names of our NT for the copa america; I knew we were ********3d.

I have said it before ... No offense to Cholivaristas here (but in general this goes to all the Bolivian Clubs)... But since they always bring the number of titles they won in la Liga... When your cantera starts producing ... then I will be impressed!

As far as Bolivian Clubs, we have not learned from the Brazilians or Argentinians on how to work at the Club level.

Taking it to a NT level...just take a look how Mexico and Venezuela ... they have invested in their sub 15 and sub 17! Remember you reap what you saw... and Mexico is reaping 100 fold.

As far as Quinteros: I am still waiting for the change he talk about when he took over as coach of the NT.

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Truthfully, he is only for when the pace of the game is slower. Costa Rica counered, and were too fast. He has good touch, vision, and if you giveh im space and time on the ball.... he will hurt you.

But vs. Costa Ricac that was not the way they played. The pace and pressure that colombia put on us gave up after they went up on us. WHen they let the pressure off, it was the perfect game for him.

There is a better player for the eliminatorias either way, Samuel Galindo, 6'3, and he is already better than joselito at 18 years old.

He's the guy that wil do everything and more to keep our team in it.

Yes, I agree. Friendlies are for that, not a tournament like this.

WE had to play with our best, even if they were older. At a tournament we have to go to win, not to gain experience.

16. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well boys I think last night I saw the best Bolivian performance at the Copa. If anyone saw the Uruguay-Mexico game yesterday, the ref was Bolivian and did an excellent job. It would be nice to see him ref the final game.

17. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what happen to Arce, the young kid? why wasn't he in the squad, what a shame would of been nice to see him face up in this tournment

My BAD, i mean samuel galindo?

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    He's on bolivars reserve team and played in the recent Dallas cup here in the us. He played really well and hopefully he can see some first team action with the cholis this year.

Fact: our most accurate and dangerous fk taker is this kid. Sad that he can strike a better dead ball than anyone on the senior team.

I agree completely. They have some good young players from all over the country on their reserve and youth teams so I'm hopeful they develop them well. The competition they play against in the asosiacion pacena is pathetic though.

He just got back from an injury and instead went to brazil with some of our other prospects to play in some friendlies.

19. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I did not see anyone asking for Quintero's head (maybe I did not look back far enough). I for one think he did a very good job and below is what I can surmize:
    a. None of the teams played better or were superior to us.
    b. We appeared to do well in the first game because the main purpose was to play defensively.
    c. We had plenty of chances to score in all three games.
    d. Except for the golazo by Aguero, all the other goals were our own errors.
    e. Quintero had a well-disciplined line up and strategy. Against Costa Rica and Colombia, we played an offensive game (by choice and by need respectively)

I do agree with you in that we paid a heavy price for not having a solid striker. Moreno was simply awful, and Edivaldo was too erratic. I wonder what would have happened if Pedriel had more playing time. What' even more concerning is that we don't have anyone else up front.

20. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^ Quinteros did have good strategy vs. 3 teams. (although i would question his game direction Vs. Costa Rica, and sub of his substitutions) they were pretty much spot on.but i never saw any flexibility in terms of team dynamic. maybe's thats up to the players themselves.

i think some of us posters are upset at the players that were called up (granted we don't have many break out players ). well mainly I would be.Now if we call up younger players that doesn't mean we going to try them out. What if maybe some of the players not given a chance have done more to get a rep than others. in these boards we at least talk about a players like Chumacero or Melean or Cardozo. Who honestly talks about Santos Amador or Nacho Garcia (who has had a horrible tournament so far in Bolivian League) at the moment? Who here would take Jorge Toco over Amador Santos when it comes time to decide who will ride the bench? Why is a Player like Marvin Bejarano who made some impact not given a fair due?. Are Robles and Flores really the best Defensive Mids in the league? I Hope Not!we don't have a solid *10 or *8 either.

So I Also agree that we don't have enough player development.

Not even in Friendlies are young players being given a fair looks. That 5-0 romp against Mexico. The players weren't even young. the team was just thrown together to make some FBF money.Edgar Olivares and Santos Amador played that match. :(

21. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    thanks for the info bro!!!

22. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    One important statistic mentioned on one of the argi shows was that since last year Venezuela has played the most amount of friendlies (28?) of all the teams in the tournament and that Bolivia has played the least (8)

Can't really expect much when you have such little preparation.

23. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Las críticas al fútbol boliviano no cesan tras la Copa

[​IMG]
    Los jugadores de la selección bolivana tras la derrota ante Costa Rica.

Las críticas a la selección boliviana de fútbol por su fracaso en la Copa América no paran desde que fue eliminada el domingo pasado y van desde voces que ya no esperan nada en el futuro y otras que piden un recambio de jugadores que, sin embargo, no se avizora a mediano plazo.

La eliminación del certamen, tras empatar ante Argentina (1-1) y perder frente a Costa Rica (2-0) y Colombia (2-0), ha reflotado la preocupación sobre la situación del fútbol boliviano que no logra salir de su pobreza hace casi una década y media.

El columnista y escritor deportivo Tito de la Viña dijo este jueves a Efe que "la actuación de Bolivia en la Copa América ha sido mala, pero no ha sido sorpresiva porque responde plenamente al nivel que tiene en este momento el fútbol boliviano, que es bajo".

El fracaso no sorprende porque Bolivia no había ganado ningún partido preparatorio antes de la Copa América, ocupa puestos bajos en el ránking de la FIFA (93, en junio)
    y "tenía rivales muy superiores" en el torneo jugado en Argentina, agregó De la Viña.

De hecho, Bolivia no ha ganado un partido de Copa América desde el torneo jugado en Paraguay de 1999, es decir hace doce años, pese a que en 1997 había logrado como anfitriona el subcampeonato del certamen, tras perder con Brasil en la final disputada en La Paz.

La última victoria boliviana en Copa América ocurrió en La Paz, en las semifinales del torneo de 1997 ante México (3-1), mientras que en canchas extranjeras su triunfo más cercano es de 1995 cuando venció (1-0) a Estados Unidos en el certamen disputado en Uruguay.

En una columna escrita esta semana, el expresidente del país y periodista Carlos Mesa (2003-2005) señaló que Bolivia es "una selección que repite hasta la saciedad el libreto del desconcierto, del mal fútbol".
    Mesa también dijo que "hace infinidad de tiempo que no ganamos en la Copa América" y "no logramos otra cosa que frustración".

"No alcanza si decimos que el de Bolivia es el peor fútbol de América del Sur, está entre los peores de las Américas y bajando", sostuvo Mesa, para luego agregar que "nada hay que nos haga suponer que ese escenario vaya a cambiar" a futuro.

De la Viña, de su parte, también ve posibilidades "negativas" para la selección boliviana en las eliminatorias para el Mundial de Brasil porque no hay una renovación de valores en el fútbol como han mostrado otras selecciones en la Copa América.

El presidente del club Bolívar, Guido Loayza, señaló a Efe que solo cabe esperar una recuperación para el debut de Bolivia en las eliminatorias del próximo mundial, que se producirá ante Uruguay en la ciudad de Montevideo, en octubre próximo.

Loayza, uno de los dirigentes artífices de las clasificación de Bolivia al Mundial de Estados Unidos 1994, dijo que la causa de los fracasos es la falta de trabajo en las divisiones menores que tienen torneos "poco serios", lo que impide un recambio de jugadores.

Apuntó que el trabajo ideal es el realizado por Venezuela, selección revelación de la Copa América, que cada año ha demostrado un crecimiento continúo, "mientras que Bolivia está en una involución" desde la década de los 90.

El entrenador boliviano Sergio Apaza enfatizó que la recuperación tomará de diez a quince años y enfatizó la necesidad de trabajar con niños desde los ochos años y con adolescentes, abandonando la idea de buscar éxitos en el fútbol solo a la vuelta de la esquina.

24. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    All I can say to the above is " No $hit!!! We've been saying that for years, they've thought it for years, and they've known it for years.

Nothing will change with the way things are run with FBF. Boludos wont do a damn thing because as the article says at the end, all they care about is putting a band-aid to a colossal flodding. As poor as Central American countries are, they are improving their futbol. FBF choses to stay like this. It's better for the government to get involved, yes we know the ban for this is 2 years, but at this point who gives a shit, clean house and start the process now.

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Haha I basically said the same thing in the other thread, glad I'm not the only one that feels that way