The coolest collectibles you have?

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by vflkirwan, Jul 2, 2003.

1. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me, I'd have to go with ..

Framed Cosmos poster circa 81
    Framed US 89 T&T team photo
    1994 Budweiser World Cup Neon sign
    Framed Korean headline with ticket stub from Portugal game

2. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Queens Park Rangers jersey from the 1982 FA Cup Final.

3. jamesf24

jamesf24 New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Brighton, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inaugural season ticket holder certificate for KC "Wiz", framed.

4 bobbleheads: Donovan (USA), Mathis (Metros), McBride (Crew), Preki (KC).

Complete trader cards, for 1994, 1998 & 2002 World Cups. Complete US Women's set from 1999 WC Win.

Filled Coke Bottles from 1994 WC, Orlando, Italy & USA.

MLS Cup 2001 Scarf/ticket stub

Ticket stub collage for all games I've attended since I was about 8 (I"m 31 now).

MISL KC Comets mini ball from giveaway night in 1982 (orange & black).

Then finally, this really cool thing my wife got me, it's a "box frame" thing of various old soccer collectables (all replica). It's got a old style boot, old leather ball, the world cup trophy, old photo of Brazilian team (1960's I thinK), and a few old English league gameday programs, all arranged in this box frame.

James

4. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I went to England in 1998 on a political scholarship I applied to when in high school. The Rotary Club of Winchester got me a Southampton jersey signed by the whole club of that year including players like Matt Le Tissier and Mark Hughes.

5. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apart from all the bobbleheads, etc that I own I would have to say the framed and signed picture of me and Franz Beckenbauer when he played for the Cosmos.

Second would be my Motherwell top from 2001 signed by the whole team while I visited the stadium for training.

6. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    1969-70 Gornik Zabrze Polish Champions and Cup Winners' Cup 2nd Place Team Poster (about 24 inches X 18 inches)

It hangs right above my TV so i see it everyday and honour my true heros :)

This is the team that lost to Manchester City in the final 1-2 but

On their run to the final, they beat clubs like Olympiakos, Glasgow Rangers (we beat them 3-1 in from of 80000 in Glasgow, 6-1 agg.) and Roma.

Lubanski is god! He scored 7 goals in 10 Cup Winners' Cup matches that year!

7. JBell

JBell New Member

Oct 26, 2002
    New Milford NJ
    coolest

*hennes weisweiler's cosmos bathrobe
    *dynamo kiev lapel pin (with diamonds around the edges)
    *cosmos ellessee travel bag and reversible windbreaker
    *nasl mugs from soccer bowls '80-'84 and one transatlantic challenge cup
    *balls signed by players from 1982 fifa world all-star game at giants stadium

8. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    Framed ticket stubs from the 1994 World Cup matches between Greece v Nigeria and Greece v Argentina.

Signed Metrostars Jersey by Tim Howard

9. François

François New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    A signed picture from Pelé.

10. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    I have a USA pennant from the World Cup 1994 which I am looking to trade.

11. Masfaygo

Masfaygo Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Kansas City
    2003 Columbus crew autographed soccer ball
    2003 Dallas Burn autographed soccer ball

2002-2003 everton catalog autographed by Mcbride

Mark Santel game worn '01 KC Wizards jersey

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay I have those 1990 Hasbro World Cup figures. I still have Maradona in a box.

Picture of me and some friends with Pelé, he also autographed my business card.

Some game worn New Orleans Storm and Gamblers shirt (Wish I had kept Hendrickson, Kreis and Stern John's)

13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA Keeper jersey, game worn, signed by Brad Friedel.

14. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca
    -Donovan game worn USA vs Brazil
    -Mathis, Klein, Chris Henderson, Jolley, Maisonneuve, 2 Donovans, Beasley, Lisi game used cleats
    -Adin Brown, Tim Howard, Tony Meola, Steve Cronin, Nick Rimando, Zach Thornton, Matt Jordan game used gloves
    -DC United Freddy Adu jersey, USA: Martino, Gbandi, Klein and Kovalenko jerseys as well as a NASL reunion game worn Mark Lisi jersey and Ali Curtis worn polo signed shirt from DC
    -200 plus phots from MLS over the years up till now as well as many 8x10s autographed.
    -USA practice bib worn by Jeff Cunningham and a training jersey worn and signed by Nick Garcia

15. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    completely signed 1983 Cosmos Media guide; signed Beckenbauer shirt (from Germany National Side)

16. slater_scott

slater_scott New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    blackburn
    dc v blackburn programme

if anyone would like to swap programmes for the
    dc v brfc game.

i want the dc united v brfc programme and i would swap it for 3 english premier league programmes.
    i live in blackburn, england so would have to post swap

17. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what i got

complete set of WC94 mini coke bottles in cardboard 6pack holder

Chicago sting replica with number added... not the real deal, but looks cool hanging on my wall

game worn bra of brandi chastain, expertly removed by me

18. Nolan

Nolan Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only collectible--9/5/02 Metrostars vs. Burn ticket stub autographed by Tim Howard, Clint Mathis, and Ross Paule.

19. thebeast

thebeast New Member

May 22, 2002
    Boston
    When I was in Argentina I went to the restraunt that did all the food for Maradonas wedding and they gave me a plate from the wedding.

20. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandi Chastain's autographed left shoe after the WWC Final. After the game, there were about 15 people waiting for the team bus to leave the Rose Bowl and after a LONG wait of 1-2 hours (obviously doing interviews, celebrating and what not) the bus came out and came to a halt near us fans. They started passing out shoes and although I wasn't close enough to grab a shoe, a very polite fan handed one to me as she grabbed two and it happened to be Chastains. I'd love to ask Brandi if that was the actual game worn shoe or a shoe for warming up. Either way, it was a cool moment. There was a piece of grass stuck to the sole of the shoe.

I also have a couple 8x10's I took of Meola, and Cobi Jones that I got signed and framed along with an assortment of signed 8x10 pictures I took. If anyone knows where I can get professional 8x10's, I'd love to know! My favorite 8x10 I took is of the keepers at practice before the Iran match in LA (Hartman, Presthus, Meola and Thornton with the GK coach)....pure luck that I got the opportunity to take this picture. I'm in the process of getting this one signed, but it is slow!

I have a '98 WC cap that was signed by Sampson, Wynalda and Lassiter as the US came back from Mexico after the 0-0 draw at Azteca. I went to the airport to congratulate the team. Of course, those three didn't have a good experience concerning the WC, Lassiter wasn't even there.

21. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The instruction manual to FIFA 2003 with Donovan on front and his autograph on it. Have it in a picture frame now.

22. champmanager

champmanager Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    The only thing I have worth mentioning is a Pele lunchbox. I didn't start following soccer until early adulthood (the 94 World Cup). When I went out the night before school started at age six to buy my first lunchbox, the pickings were pretty clean, but I wanted the NFL lunchbox with all the team helmets on it, AFC on one side, NFC on the other. But it was way too expensive and my mother said, no matter how much I cried (thats a pretty good summation of my childhood), that if I wanted a sports-themed lunchbox, I could get the Pele one, which was 1/3 the price. Like the good boy I was (and sometimes still am), I released the clerk I'd been holding hostage and agreed.
    The only reason I still have it is because I used it to keep baseball cards in. When I started getting into soccer I figured it would be worth something, but a while back some guy was selling one on EBAY for $20 or so. But his didn't have rust on it, and get this -- HE STILL HAD THE PLASTIC THERMOS THAT CAME WITH IT!
    So mine's probably worth about $2, but its worth way more to me because it serves as a sort of allegory for the long, strange, coincidence-filled journey it took for me to become a dedicated soccer player/coach/fan.
    I hope this story serves a lession: Kids, save those Britney Spears thermoses!

23. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    My 2000 team autographed Metrostars pennant.

24. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    In 1989,I was one of the vice-consuls at the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. The Colombian national team (including Valderamma and Rene Higueta) had to come in to get visas to play a couple of friendlies in Miami. I asked to be the officer to handle them, and I met the entire squad. I had each member sign underneath their sticker in my Colombian "Futbol '88" sticker book. Later on, the Federation gave me one of those little Federation banners (actually, not so little -- it's over a foot square) with my name personalized on it.

25. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not that interesting but... autographed (Nigerian player Emmanuel Amunike) WC 1994 ticket.