The conservative talk show hosts.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Chizzy, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    It really has nothing to do with bullying. If I am a conservative leader, am I more likely to go on Fox News Channel where they will go out of there way to make me look good, where I will not be attacked, where the discourse is much more "conservative friendly". Oh yeah and most of the people who are going to vote for me are on the Fox News Channel.

or.....

do I go to Crossfire, where Begala and Carville will come after me, make me respond to tough questions, attack me a bit, and try to make me foolish, while I am left with a dorky kid in a bow tie to try to "help me out".

Personally the compare and contrast between Hannity and Colmes and Crossfire is right on. If I was a democrat, I wouldn't do Hannity and Colmes either.

This just in......these shows aren't about an actual debate of the topics......they are about PR spin for the two parties.......

3. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    The sad thing is that for the most part it is only the conservatives who read and watch conservative media while only liberals read and watch the few liberal media available when each side would be far better served watching the other's spokespersons.

Listening to the other side's views would force them to actually think about their own assumptions. Too bad that being spoonfed prejudices you already have is easier than thinking for yourself so that's what 90% of people do.

4. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I had a chance to watch fox a couple of years ago. It seemed to me they picked Colmes as a great example of a liberal wimpy. And he really gives them what they want.

5. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    jopak...they finally let you out of GITMO?

6. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Isn't this whole article basically a Liberal trying to "bullie" conservatives into appearing on Crossfire?

7. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Gitmo? I've been the Bush adminstration liason during our secret talks with the radical feminist cabal that runs the world through FIFA. My double secret activities have sadly kept me incommunicado.

I now have a new job involving ongoing negotiations between Dick Cheney, Saddam, the royal house of Saud, Bill Gates and Spongebob Squarepants. I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill ya.

Later, darlings. Duty calls.

8. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

I tend to be more liberal, yet I prefer Fox News over any of the other networks.

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Mr. Carville is a tall, rangy Marine veteran, sports fanatic and jock

Is he sure that Carville's even human?

Each party has their own attack dogs. Conason casually ignores that both worked for Clinton and maybe they have this itty-bitty, teency-weency Democratic bias. Even if people thinks Colmes is a weenie, he is given ample opportunity to present his side of things. And he didn't work for Bill.

10. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the comedic value?

11. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

Colmes is completely outmatched by Hannity on that show. They need to replace him with someone who at least puts up a decent fight.

12. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

Pretty much, there's usually a lot of yelling at the TV as well.

BTW, I can't wait until you guys lose to the Fire so we can back into the playoffs.

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was literally laughing out loud at FOX during the War.

Check the avatar, beeyotch.

14. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Either you were using a heavy dose of sarcasm when you wrote that or you, my friend, are certifiable.

15. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    You obviously haven't read any of the many "liberal media" threads that have reviewed the myth of the "liberal media". Of course, you also probably think Fox News are a bunch of bolsheviks and haven't ever had the guts to check out some real liberal media so there ya go.

My point still stands: partisan media sources are for the most part used by exactly the wrong people.

16. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA

Hey, Joe, where can I get "The Daily Worker" here in LA?

17. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Beats me. Probably on the shelf right next to the Weekly Standard, New American and whatever newsletters the militia movement and Christian Identity groups put out.

These people might be able to help you find the DW, though:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAworkerD.htm

Say, you probably know this: does the 700 Club have a magazine I can get?

18. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    too true. In Al Franken's book he says they measured the amount of words they spoke and Hanitty spoke twice as much as Colmes.

19. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I really don't know. Haven't seen the 700 Club for quite awhile. Are they still on a lot?

20. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    And who say's that you need to speak twice as much in order to be convincing?

If the goal is to pump up the true believers, than Hannity is more effective, if the goal is to convince those who's minds are open than Colmes may be more persuasive.

The thing that bug's me about Franken is that he basically The Rush Limbaugh of the left, but he didn't earn it the hard way, he road in on Rush Limbaugh's coat tails. How many people whould have bought his first book if it had been called, "Why Al Franken is right", instead of "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot"?