Rumor: The Coming <soft> Rebrand

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Jasper_Black, Jul 23, 2018.

1. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Where is the graphic they put up?

I think the latest update infographic is pretty interesting.
    https://chicago-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/CFFC-Crest-SurveySummary-2021-03-02.pdf

The "key attributes" between the City and the Team (hardworking, diverse, and historic specifically) align well.

"Trustworthy" -dead last among the individual attributes for both the City and Team, with the team scoring lower (6%) than the City (9%). .

For this City, this is not really a surprise, I guess.

Had this poll been done in 2000, I suspect "Trustworthy" (and "reliable" and "prestigious" -third and forth lowest now) would have been extremely high as it relates to the team.

The "I don't know CFFC to have an opinion" was at 42%. That seemed strange.
    I guess they did a lot of polling outside of the website.

mace repped this.
  2. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "I don't know CFFC to have an opinion" doesn’t seem strange to me at all- I’ve been saying for a while that it doesn’t feel like the Fire have a presence in this city (for all kinds of different reasons) so assuming they did polling outside of the website that seems about right to me. And I’m glad they’re polling outside of the website- hopefully they get input from more than just us dopes that already love this stupid team for some reason and incorporate elements into the branding that will resonate with fringe and potential fans as well. I won’t say I’m optimistic about this process, there’s a separate thread for that kind of talk anyway, but I’m at least a little encouraged by all I’ve seen so far.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  3. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    just from their social accounts:

xtomx repped this.
  4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I don't disagree, and I guess I should have clarified.

It seemed strange that it was included in the infographic, but that only means they polled a lot of people outside of the survey most of us took on the website.

In the larger context, I agree of course.

harrylee773 repped this.
  5. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #2330 xtomx, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Perfect. That was exactly what I suspected.
    Not being on the twitter, I have not viewed it.
    Thanks!!!

Edit" I also just found the link on the website, as well.

Thanks, again.

6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Soon.

xtomx repped this.
  7. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Feel really good about red shirts coming back, based on the decision to even publish that.

bunge, wolvesfirehope and xtomx repped this.
  8. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    i mean, i am no graphic artist by any stretch of the imagination, but...

- a C created from two blue stripes from the chicago flag
    - red star
    - florian cross (in new colors to make it a 3 color only logo)
    - soccer ball center to help argue against anyone that says it is too close to the fire dept logo. new logo.jpg

mace repped this.
  9. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Starts to look like a Sheriff’s badge.
    :eek:

10. TyrusRose

TyrusRose Member+

chicago fire
    North Korea
    Jun 17, 2019
    I love the old logo but it could use a small "modernization". I think something like switching the gray to white would do a lot for example. Could do a few other smaller things.

11. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I don't hate it.

They've been pretty clear that red was the one thing that has been almost universally called for in their updates.

I did have to laugh that McBride was deemed to be the most representative player of the Fire though.

LIZZIE, xtomx and aetraxx7 repped this.
  12. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine arrived via FedEx today even though the initial email told me to expect it on April 9th. It's a beauty, "Fire Crown" and all. As for sizes, I always get the authentic in a medium, which should fit perfectly, but every year around Oktoberfest season I find that size a bit snug. Seeing as how this is the most I've ever spent for a jersey, I decided to go with a large to ensure I can wear it year round. Other than it being a bit longer than I'd expect, it fits just fine.

One thing that I don't like is that the right sleeve is empty this year- do we know if CIBC is staying on as sleeve sponsor? And does anyone know if there's a spot in the city that'll slap a sponsor patch on the sleeve for dumbass fan that would pay money for them to do it?

13. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I don't know CFFC to have an opinion"

I don't know what the hell Chicago Fire Football Club is either.

I found it most surprising that Brian McBride most embodied the spirit of the club. He's a great player and I was happy to have him on the team, but he's not the first player I think of when it comes to the Fire. I would've thought it'd be someone from '98 like Nowak, maaaaybe Blanco depending on the era that fans arrived.

xtomx repped this.
  14. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yeah, I noticed that MLSStore/Fanatics updated their ship date yesterday. I may need to place an order soon.

It looks like CIBC is staying on based on the social media content, but I guess this didn't go on the authentics they're selling. FWIW, if you're interested in the MLS patch, don't order from Dick's. The authentics are five bucks cheaper but the patch itself is missing on the ones that they sell for whatever reason.

harrylee773 repped this.
  15. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    When you're polling among people who don't follow the club, they're going to pick the name they've at least heard of before.

It's not like the news actually carried stories about what made Nowak or Stoichkov or Blanco so important.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Brian McBride would not be in my top 30 players who most embodied the spirit of the club, probably not my top 50.

I would suspect Blanco was more "well known" by Chicagoans as a whole than Brian McBride.

Of course, I suppose when you're polling among non-Hispanic people who don't follow the club...

aetraxx7, willydonc, SixKick and 2 others repped this.
  17. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    It's also a matter of time and distance. All the early glory years players were a long time ago. Not a lot of the under 30 crowd will even remember those years.

18. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #2343 xtomx, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Or, even, remember Brian McBride! ;)
    [probably remember the name, though]

At least there was only 1% different between McBride, Klopas, Nowak and Blanco.
    Also, McBride was (with CJ) the second most recent player who made the top-10 (next to Magee), so there is definitely something to your comment.

19. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I kind of think a non-insignificant number of people who selected McBride were unaware that he played most of his MLS career in Ohio when they clicked on his name. Hell, some probably didn't previously know he played for the Fire.

LIZZIE, aetraxx7 and xtomx repped this.
  20. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    True, and the results of this poll were supposed to be just by Chicago Fire (fc) fans!

In the immortal word of Donald J Tr*mp,
    Sad!

21. Old Man!

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These are probably the same Fire fans who, when polled by the team in 2019, thought adding Crew Yellow to our logo would be a terrific idea.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  22. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, Crew yellow? WTF is that? Cbus took their colors from the Sting, they don’t belong to them. Our Monarcas jerseys were some of the best we’ve had and they were yellow af. Hell, the crew doesn’t even have a yellow jersey any longer, ******** them.

23. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's not real, is it?

That is just awful.

Oh, and, yes, I'm old.

24. Old Man!

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “We all hate the yellow f**king team!”

Jiggly_333, xtomx and aetraxx7 repped this.
  25. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man... this cracked me up. Well done!

wolvesfirehope repped this.