The Colombian Prodigal Son Returns - The James Rodríguez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still hoping to see some minutes from James. He looks to be in tip top shape, I'm sure he can put in a shift and as always if he can find his world class form then its hard to see how everyone wouldn't benefit.

2. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    I expect James to feature in at least two games before the season is up. And though I enjoy watching him play football, I'll be happy for him where he ends up next, hopefully playing more than he has been this year.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We’ve already seen minutes from James, he looked sluggish, if ZZ keeps on rotating the way he is, I still expect him to get more mins before the season ends though

4. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1279794120798736385 is not a valid tweet id

5. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    RIP. At least I got to see his last goal in a Madrid shirt against Granada.

I do hope he'll get some last runs towards the end... maybe turn things around? I always thought he'll make us more dangerous through the center. We're always relying on the wings and not enough penetration through the middle..

6. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are at the end and he’s refusing to get involved. Really poor showing.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wtf?

He sat all season just fine and now he decides to throw a tantrum? Season is almost over. Just ride it out.

What kind of shit is this?

8. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like a really disappointing but not truly unexpected end to his time here.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope it's not true

But terrible if it is. Just terrible

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be some serious shade if he comes out and explains he thinks his minutes should go to someone who actually has a future at the club and who actually believes they are depended on to help the team win titles.

I don't get it tho, his confidence has surely hit rock bottom if he thinks a little playing time is going to hurt.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nah .if this is true it is because of pride and tantrum, not lack of confidence. Terrible attitude if true

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its true but everybody has their breaking point.

Hazard has barely been here a year and we've seen him show up overerweight, underwhelming effort to get in shape, injury after injury... and yet every single ********ing time given the benefit of the doubt by Zidane and put right back into the starting lineup (even when obviously undeserved).

Not a fair system but no one wants to say anything about as long as the team wins.

13. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A player with pride and confidence comes on away to Barca down a goal and smashes the ball into the back of the net minutes later with his first touch of the ball.

This is not the same player, horrible man management.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah i don't care what anyone says, there is favoritism in Zidane's system. Some players are allowed poor form and inconsistent play while others better play out of their minds in few mins or they don't play again or even if they perform, they don't play again.

But James is at fault here. He should have stayed in Bayern. He wanted his cake and eat it too. Turn down Bayern and count on Madrid selling him to Atletico. He should have stayed at Bayern instead of obsessing over living in Madrid and counting on the team selling him to a rival

Excape Goat and RMSocrates repped this.
  15. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wait a min, so even if Napoli offered enough for us to accept, James didn’t want to move there? Interesting, I would have thought he would want to reconnect with Carlo.

16. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Of course there is favoritism, look at Benz lol. IDK if anyone in the world can usurp him in Zizous eyes. Not a knock on Benz as he has had a really good season, just staying the obvious.

Hell if Mendy wasn’t so damn good, I expect Marcelo would be the starter still. Just how it is with Zizou. Still love Zizou but is what it is.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol, what minutes?

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As soon as Kovac joined Bayern James was finished. Late for meetings, attacking Kovac in front of other players, etc. He needs quite a bit of babying it seems to be honest.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    James has had problems with multiple coaches, and multiple coaches have found that he isn't their first option. Maybe it's time to start digging a bit deeper into this.

Zidane has his faults, but this ain't one.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He has an attitude problem

And that's not gonna fly at most clubs

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zidane has also lost Bale and evidently Ronaldo had quit in him too and was already destined for Turin. Can't get Hazard to put down the fast food and made Jovic afraid of goals.

Turns out Zidane's man management is crap and its some combination of black magic, Sergio Ramos and tactical naivety/bombast that is bringing the success.

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think once Zidane and Ronaldo left James had to be thinking the club would have to get serious about rebuilding and he would get an earnest "2nd" chance.

He started thinking about coming back to Madrid, lost his support at Bayern and but Flo shit the bed and went right back to Zidane and promised him Hazard.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane wanted both Bale and James out this summer, and was proven to be absolutely correct on both decisions. Hazard came out of shape before Zidane even had a chance to work with him, but he managed to get him back into shape.

You're so right on this. That's why the one year he left, the club went to shit and all our star players stopped performing, and the year he comes back, he recovers the vast majority.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane came back last winter. James came back in this past summer. So your theory is that the summer before, James saw Ronaldo and Zidane had left, and decided to checkout for a year so he can go back to Madrid the year after?

25. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a loser