The Colombian League is awful !!! WTF is happening !!!

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Aha.... No hay parapolitica, Tom y Jerry son unos angelitos, no hay falsos positivos, Job no entro al palacio de Nari y no se esta armando ya el tercer mandato...

Toooodo son calumnias de la oposicion

Sera que me estan grabando, o que ya me partieron la jeta marik? :rolleyes:

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    NO cookies for ya!

only milk....en biberon:D

3. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Dapip yo estoy muy berraco con usted y si lo veo le voy a dar en la cara marica:rolleyes:

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    palabras sabias!!!

sirven pa cualquier falton

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Si es el jefe de la camorra o la mafia italiana..... :eek:

No el presidente de la republica.... Y menos si lo estan grabando :rolleyes:

Muy espontaneo por cierto...

6. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    El unico que se chuza voluntariamente... al resto le toca someterse a la vigilancia de la policia secreta. Por sierto ya la corte pidio ayuda de la onu para tratar esto de la DAS. Deberia dar hasta pena, pero mas bien es un alivio pues sabemos la inefectividad de la justicia local.

7. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    HEY NOOOO VENGAN! DESENREDENME ESE NUDO! Estan hablando en clave y soy el unico que no la coje o que??? estoy mas perdido!!!

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Berlusconi?

hadezzz... no se pierda: junte a dapipI y smpremecha
    revuelvalos bien, sin chuzar a nadie y que sacas???

bum...bum bum un Petro en el exilio! capicce?

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How do contracts work in the Copa Mustang ???

I see players get 6-12 month contracts. this might be a dumb question but how does that work? When its up the player has a free transfer or does he have an owner?

I remember their was problem with Elkin Soto and De la Cuesta because of this

10. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    eso es un chanchullo super raro y por eso nacio el gremio de futbolistas. Y en parte la forma como funciona la economia colombiana, Piramides como la Dian y otras. Entonces lo que hacen los equipos de futbol para no tener que pagarle seguros, pagos de salud y otras cosas es que le hacen al futbolista un contrato como empleado del equipo a un salario y otro contrato por prestacion de servicios (como si fuera un repellador, un man ahi tirando tejas, etc). Y con eso evaden un monton de requisitos. Por eso el jugador del pasto que quedo invalido no estaba cubierto bajo ningun seguro ni nada.

Ya lo de agentes y paces, oficinas fifa y traspasos la explicara otro... esa parte si no me la se.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    See Hadexx answer. Let's say that a team offers to pay you col$5 million a month. But they break that into 3 contracts:

1. $1 million as an employee: The club have to pay Social Security and Medical an Pension on this.
    2. $2 million as "advertising services": They only have to withhold whatever the law requires for that kind of services and is up to the player to pay taxes on it.
    3. $2 million as "other services", usually whitheld and converted in some kind of bonus or simply paid in cash. Legally this money is not in anybody's books.

While it seems that only the club manager is an sleazy greaseball, it is also convenient for the players, since in Colombia Tax withholdings start i think above $3 millions or $5, I'm not sure. The issue with the guy that got handicaped, is that he will get his disability pension based on the first contract, eventhough he was making 5 times that and probably was living accordingly, plus the added expenses that his family will incurr in taking care of him.

The contracts are required to be for 6 months and players or owners have to be notified before the end of the contract (I think 1 month or so) if they want to end the relationship, otherwise the other part might ask for compensation.

Then you have the ownership of playing rights, and that is usually owned by a team, and when they sell his rights a player gets a percentage of the transfer fee, but it is not related to wages and prizes. Usually the player would have to agree on the transfer and negotiate his salary with his new team.

The initial owner of the player rights is the player himself, but usually his first professional team will acquire them as an investment, meaning that they will give some money to a good prospect in hope of selling him for a higher price in the future. However the first team gets also what is known as "formation rights", meaning that they get a percentage of future sales until the player reaches 23 or 25 years...

Now, there are several ways for a player to get his rights, most commonly if the team fails to pay his salary or his cut of the transfer fees, but they can also agree to transfer the rights back to the player at the end of the contract, which is very common with veteran players.

I'm not familiar with De La Cuesta's case, but I think that Elkin case was that he was transferred from Once to LDUQ, but he alleged some glitch in the contract because his agent found a better opportunity at Mainz. At the end I think that it was Elkin's fault and he had to sit for a year or so. Once is specially good at getting into this kind of issues.

I remember that Henao also had a problem, I think that he refused to be transferred to certain team because he felt that he could do better, then Once basically banished him from the team, and (I do not know the specifics) Henao got his rights back. In practical terms, he was punished not only by Once, but by most of FPC teams who refused to hire him eventhough they only would had to pay for his salary, no transfer fees. I think that Millos broke the pact and because of that (and several other miscues) Lopez is not very popular among FPC owners.

PS: Salaries are regulated by local laws, but transfer rights are regulated by FIFA and they seem to be universally accepted.