The Club Brugge thread [Results]

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Belgian guy, Jul 10, 2005.

1. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Re: The Club Brugge thread

I saw most of it. This will be a though one as Brugge didn't have much chances and Valerengen looked very defensive. I guess they're more of an away team than a home team.

2. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Re: The Club Brugge thread

I see a 1-0 result in Brugge's favor. They are 1-1 on shootouts this year lets hope if it is 1-0 then they will go 2-1.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    1-0 away is a terrible result. It means that if the Norwegians are able to score just one goal in Brugge, we will need three to advance. Looking pretty bleak for us if you ask me.

4. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
    Balaban scores with 12 minutes left. Then scores the decisive penalty. We qualify!!!

5. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium
    YEAAAAAAAH!!!

VIVE LA BELGIQUE!!!!!!

Two teams in Champions-League; belgian football is coming!!!!!! :)

6. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'm glad you went through. I would rather see two Norwegian teams in the CL than just one, but when a team plays crap football like that they don't deserve to make it. Even though they where desperate for the €, the team that wants to play football deserves to win. Although, Arason has to be the greatest goalkeeper in the world.

7. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    I was just following it by internet so i only read what was happening and arason just kept on saving things. Who played well?

8. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    I would expect u to be dissapointed bu brugge sucess

9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Congrats with the win...

Seems to be very deserved though I didnt get to see the match, but according to Norwegian newsmedia, a very defensive minded Vålerenga were run over by Brugge, but saved throughout the game by the keeper Arason..

10. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    ...but still made a better impression with one win and one narrow loss than Brøndby's draw and 3-1 loss ;)

You're are all about this so I'm just feeding you :D

11. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Does anybody have anybody have any video highlights, i am dying to see them. Also, what did the Valerenga do to Verheyen, did he punch him?

12. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Elbow, but not intended. Verheyen held him and pulled on his shirt from behind on a dangerous freekick and managed to annoy Wæhler to the extent that he threw his arm backwards at him.

Highlights are unnecessary. The match-picture was like just one long attack from Brugge.

Unworthy display by Vålerenga. The importance of the CL-millions made them choke.

13. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    It was a great match. If it hadn't been for Arason it could easily have become 5-0.

Two teams in the CL!!!!!!! :)

14. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Perhaps they did better on paper, if you just look at the final results, but the fact is that we both know Brøndby made a much better impression in this round, than both Vålerenga and Rosenborg if you actually watched their games ;)

.. and just as you find no honor in a Esbjerg complaint, then I find just as little honor in playing highly defensive in hope of progressing by a lucky punch, though it's both a part of the professional game... Btw, all praise to Brann if they managed to progress by playing some good attacking football :) ...

15. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The facts here say that Vålerenga won their home match by playing good football and lost their away match playing poor. Same with Rosenborg, only that they got a good result away. Brøndby however were not strong enough to take a victory either home or away and had to settle with a draw at home and a big loss away. Didn't Brøndby just barely avoid defeat at home too? To be correct Brøndby never really were near victory in either of the matches.

I find no honor in defending to victory either, that's why I said I'm disgraced by Vålerenga. They had a perfect opportunity to go thru, but didn't show enough courage away to do it.

Thanks. Now send some Rosenborg's way too.

16. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    http://www.debrugge.be/movie's/cl_val.wmv
    highlights

17. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Again you only judge by the final results and not what happened in the games. Brøndby both dominated and produced the biggest chances in the home game and should have won, also Ajax supporters agree on this, a win to Ajax in that match would have been robbery (just like the Rosenborg result in Romania). So though the last Brøndby goal was deflected of the arm of a Ajax defender (penalty if not a goal) and totally cheating the Ajax keeper, it was only according to play and chances and not Brøndby being lucky and barely avoiding defeat. It was Ajax having the luck in that match...

In the 2nd leg Brøndby didnt allow Ajax a single real opportunity to score in the first half, while almost scoring twice, then Ajax managed to shake Brøndby and win the game and tie by playing a very good 2nd half, scoring on two long shots and a quick counterattack in the end, but along the way Brøndby clearly got cheated of a penalty that could have changed the game in their favor to a 2-1 lead, this would have made it a totally different match, not giving Ajax the many opportunities to counterattack and scoring the goal(s) at the end, when brøndby had to push forward , using one of the defenders as an extra forward...

18. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Balaban and Butina heroes... Brings up memories. :(

19. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    You know who i want to see get some time this year, Yulu-Matondo. :D

20. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    AND? You're only talking about what could have happened! "Could've scored a goal that could have changed the game" etc!

Rosenborg went through to the CL with a win and a draw, you can't possibly deny this is better than what Brøndby managed? And Vålerenga were better at home against Brugge than Brøndby was at home against Ajax. You can complain about the "against play" all you want but what counts in the end is the goals.

Brøndby did in no way perform better or get better results than Rosenborg or Vålerenga.

21. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Ok, we tied Lierse, not a good result, but at least Yulu got some time.

22. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Club Brugge signed Javier Portillo. I like it :D

23. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    If you would've said this three years ago people would have thought you were crazy.

24. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Yulu is awsome!!! He scored against Juve and he scored again today!!!!

25. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Brugge lost 2-0 yesterday against Standard and the team played very badly.They only had 1 serious opportunity of scoring during the entire game.
    The team has a lot of injured players (8 !!) and is now 4th with 4 points less than Standard the current leader of the league.I hope for the interest of the competition and of course the games in CL that they will be competitive very soon (and I'm not a Brugge supporter ;) )