Rumor: The Christmas wish list

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by WinniWerder, Nov 18, 2008.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According to the BILD newspaper Werder tried to sign Mandzukic
    at the end of the winter transfer period and made a 9 million € offer,
    that was refused by Mandzukics team Dinamo Zagreb.

2. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    i read this story in th croatian media as well..mandzukic is a good player but mamic has overpriced him by about 5 million euros..mandzukic reminds me a little bit of olic because he is a guy who always gives you good effort but is not a very good finisher..he is not as fast as olic but is much better at holding up the ball then olic..personally if i were werder i would go after kalinic who is the better talent but wont give you that effort like mandzukic..he is also has gotten big headed as many people have called him the next suker which he is not..

3. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Tsiolis not working out for you guys? ;)

5. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He did ok so far, but nothing to write home about. Not dynamic enough IMHO. The jury is still out as far as I am concerned, not really sure if we should buy him.

Lars Bender would be a great transfer. He is a complete midfielder, strong defensively and going forward, the ideal long term replacement for an aging Frings (and Baumann). I really rate him, and if I had the choice when it comes to young German talent, he'd be my first choice, because he is exactly what we need most these days.

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Now we are connected with Kevin Kuranyi.
    As if we haven´t had enough chance wasters. :rolleyes:

7. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I saw that at Kicker.de this evening. Who would you have them get?

8. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please excuse me....I think I just vomited a little in my mouth. :mad:

The one big positive of Kuranyi is that we'd never have to worry about him getting injured on international duty. ;)

We do seem to have luck with former Schalke players (Özil, Boenisch), but still. Kuranyi. Ugh.

9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh man, I have to clean Pepsi off my screen after I submit this reply!!! :D :D

10. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, well, I wasn´t to happy to read about Bremens interest in Kuranyi. But it´s the media and the fans making him a worser player than he actually is.
    He scored 15 goals each in the last two seasons and has scored ten goals this season so far, which is not bad at all.

I´d prefer seeing Pizarro/Kuranyi up front than Pizarro/Almeida/Rosenberg!
    I believe he costs something between 5-6€ million, which isn´t too much for a player of his potential, which he definitely has.

11. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kuranyi can stay in Schalke... how many chances does he needs before he can convert one. Not the perfect solution to our lack of sharpness in front of goal this season. In terms of technique I think he's even worse than Almeida, and Rosenberg should definitely be kept.

12. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I think and hope, that it´s only a hoax. From around the club there came nothing, but the situation of Kuranyi and Pizarros unclear situation make it easy for press to invent this story.

IMO Kuranyi doesn´t fit perfectly into the system, because of his ball control deficits. He has a good goal instinct, but the technic is a point while many people get so annoyed when watching him play.

13. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2009-10 edition.

It's that time of year again: $hing $hing $hing, ho ho ho, Merry Christmas SVWB! I started off making a new thread for it but looking back at last year's excellent discussion I just added this. Are we (Werder) really in any serious need this time around? Are we prepared for Ozil moving on? Last mid-break was a complete wash and the off-season ended up repairing us adequately. Thoughts and opinions...let's get it on!

Latest on Ozil, no change: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/1...talented-15m-playmaker-ozil-top-notch-player/

Naldo leaving? http://www.totalbarca.com/tag/naldo/

14. dkm1469

dkm1469 Member

May 5, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I am NOT!!!! prepared for Ozil moving on.:( The grass isn't always greener unless the only green that counts is $$$$ (don't have a Euros symbol). Somebody had better SH.. (er, crap) some Euros and keep him on our team!:mad:

15. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I really would like Ozil to stay at Werder for life, probobly not happening, but you never know. Bundeliga rarely never sells overseas anyways, but if we do sell him, we'd better get A LOT OF GREEN, I mean we still have Marin :)

16. dkm1469

dkm1469 Member

May 5, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not on topic, but Werder is smoking Nacional, at the half 2-0. Rosenberg scores both.

Sorry for posting personal, but REAL SLC won the MLS Cup two weeks ago. My University (where I played, oh back in the late '70s) Weber State, won the National Club Scoccer Championship last week (beat Michigan).
    So when Werder Tops the table in The Bundesliga Liga at the end of this season, the Trifecta will be complete.

Love the 'beautiful game'.:D

17. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    what happen to all the werder fans? its like none of them were arnd for yesterday's match

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  19. dkm1469

dkm1469 Member

May 5, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We won, 4-1. Second half was rougher, but we weathered the storm. Nice seeing the game on GOLtv, get Sunday's match with Koeln also.

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Me, too. I am in the stadium. :)

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Re: The Christmas wish list - Schaaf extended until 2012

One of my wishes became true, quite early.

Coach Schaaf extended his contract until 2012. :)

22. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: The Christmas wish list - Schaaf extended until 2012

Yes, this is great news! I've really come around to support him and now he has another 2 years to bring in the silverware. I have searched and searched if he has ever been named coach of the year and found no reference. Maybe now he'll win it with Werder. Good luck Thomas!

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    He won the German awards "football character of the year" and "coach of the year" (Trainer des Jahres) in 2004.

German coaches of the year in the last years:
    2002 Klaus Toppmöller
    2003 Felix Magath
    2004 Thomas Schaaf
    2005 Felix Magath
    2006 Jürgen Klinsmann
    2007 Armin Veh
    2008 Ottmar Hitzfeld
    2009 Felix Magath

24. waterboyro

waterboyro New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Craiova
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Why don't they try to make a long life contract for him? :D

25. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TY Eisenfuß! We can always count on you :)