Rumor: The Christmas wish list

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by WinniWerder, Nov 18, 2008.

1. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [ame]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=4D1kBqOcZuA[/ame]

here is an interview with him in French. He seems like a great character, dreams to play in the bundesliga, and very talented.

2. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He'll likely play against Stuttgart in the UEFA Cup tomorrow, a good opportunity to see what he is made of against Bundesliga opposition.

Unfortunately. this also means that he is cup tied (he has already played for Liege in the UEFA Cup), and won't be able to play for us in that competition.

3. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i think he has a ban for yellow cards in UEFA cap if i remember well. So i don't think we see him tomorrow.

4. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885755&page=4

[​IMG]

5. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    where did you find that picture tsubasa?
    i think i fell in love

6. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Quoted for truth....

Ah well, at least we signed a Stuttgart youngster for our struggling second team for free. José-Alex Ikeng, 20 years old, DM / CM.

Very talented, but two major knee injuries have thrown him back. And he seems to have a problem with discipline (since our current team is such a disciplined bunch... :rolleyes:), that's why he actually left Stuttgart.

Supposedly, he has hit the Stuttgart second team coach (and future U21 national team coach) in the face, and was suspended. That's why his contract in Bremen ends in 6 months, guess Allofs wants to put him on 'probabtion' first.

He was a starter for Stuttgart II in the 3. Bundesliga this season, and quite a few other Bundesliga clubs were supposedly interested in signing him.

7. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Allofs plays a dangerous game... if he continues like this he will lose the confidence of the fans

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    First of all happy new year. :)

Dangerous game? :confused: Do you refer to the signing of Ikeng?

IMO it´s a good transfer, because we get a young talent, that can play
    in the next half year for the reserve and if he does fine he gets an
    additional contract. If he does well it´s a "win-win" situation for both,
    Werder and the player, and if he doesn´t we haven´t lost any money.

edit:
    Still a lot of thing to do for KA (left defender, midfielder, permanent signing of Pizarro (negotiations in January with Chelsea) or signing
    of another striker), but the Ikeng transfer is without any risk.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Rumours about players to come:

*Carlos Alberto meets with Allofs in Bremen, possible, that he returns
    from his loan to Brazil already in winter.

Rumours about some to leave:

* Marseille, Al-Ain, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Blackburn interested in Sanogo
    (Al-Ain with an offer, that got refused)

* Donesk interested in Tosic

*Werder wants to send Niemeier on loan, interest by Cottbus and Rostock

* U19 Fritz-Walter-medal winner Diekmeier to Nurnberg
    (negotiations running, Nurembergs offer about 300k Euro)

Transfers at good prices would be in Werders interest, Sanogo and Tosic need chances to prove themselves at a new club (both have quality, but no self-confidence and support at Werder, because of things they did in the past), Niemeier needs match practice. Diekmeiers leaving is sad, but if he doesn´t want to play for Werder he should p*ss off.

10. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah i meant that Allofs wants to probably save the 3. league team but some bad atmosphere can be bad too. But we'll see.

well right now it seems like Allofs is sleeping, there are some good players in Portugal to look at,

11. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The price is good, and there really is not much risk involved, but I don't know the player much either, and I'm not exactly sure if he is the international class DM we desperately need. Probably more of a Niemeyer replacement than a Baumann replacement, if Niemeyer actually leaves that is.

Furthermore, I seriously hope that we didn't sign him just because of his very good performance in the CL against us. That wouldn't really speak for our scouting (which has seen better days, to be perfectly honest). And we have to consider how utter crap we have been in that match against Panathinaikos.

Whatever, we really need a DM indeed, that's why I hope that he will come good. He has CL experience and is a starter for a club that won our CL group, that definitely speaks for him.

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Here´s the kicker link about Tsiolis: kicker.de

Tomorow he will make the medical check and after it the signing of the contract takes place. 300k € loaning fee, 1.7 million € for a permanent signing in summer.

[​IMG]

Colorwise the transfer shouldn´t be a problem. ;)
    Welcome to the team.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Beside the Tsiolis transfer Allofs was also active in finding a new club to send
    Carlos Alberto on loan to. CA goes for a half year to Brazilian team Vasco da Gama.

16. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I actually would have taken Carlos Alberto to Hertha ;)

Tziolis is a great striker of the ball and works hard. Other than that I don't know much about him.

17. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But we can't continue to send him on a loan forever, we need to end this fiasco rather sooner than later. Do we want to send him on a loan until his contract finishes? :rolleyes:

Carlos Alberto is the greatest mistake Allofs ever made, and it has cost us dearly. Besides the financial aspect of it, which is bad enough, the psychological is probably even more important - Werder (Allofs) finally invests serious money in a single player, and it flops badly. Unfortunately, this means that our board will be even more reluctant to take risks in future than they are already. This has serious consequences for the club. With such an overly careful transfer policy, which is more suited to a relegation candidate than a title contender, we simply won't be able to remain a top Bundesliga club. It really is that simple, because the other clubs are catching up.

Nobody is perfect, and even Allofs makes mistakes, but the greater mistake is to believe that we should not take risks anymore just because CA flopped so badly. Carlos Alberto is a very gifted footballer, unfortunately a very dubious character also, and even if it didn't work out in the end (hindsight is a wonderful thing), I supported the signing back then, and in principle, I still support taking risks and investing good money in quality players to make sure that we remain where we belong, at the top, a position we worked very hard for and should not give up so easily (and unnecessarily).

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Hacke it was also not in Werders interest to send Alberto on loan to so many different clubs.

At the first stop Sao Paulo C.Alberto really behaved bad and it was his fault, that Sao Paulo ended the deal. At Botafogo it was another case. C.Alberto showed good performances, scored about 10 goals in a half series (Brazilian league and Copa Suramerica). The reason why this deal ended was not his fault, but the fault of the club. Botafogo had liquidity problems and didn´t pay it´s players.

The reason why C.Alberto is sent to another club is, because he gets playing
    time. This lets his market value grow (which was low after the things happen
    at us and Sao Paulo), another club pays the salary and Werder gets another
    loaning fee (about 1 million € so far).

I agree, that this situation can´t last until the end of Albertos contract. But it´s a bad situation as you discribed and it´s important to take the damage for the player and Werder to a minimum.

---

To the transfer policy:
    I agree, that the C.Alberto deal lets Werder be more cautioned when doing transfers, but that no risk is taken by the club is wrong (see the transfers of Boenisch, Özil).

This squad is the most expensive in Werders club history. Sadly the results are worse than the years before, but that´s another story.

That the management is unhappy with the performances of some players is true, but we can´t go loading the squad with new players without concept for the players to leave.

The club is looking for interesting players, like in summer for example Marcelo Moreno. But if other clubs with oil magnats come and raise their bids to insane highs it´s right to quit negotiations. I don´t blame KA in these cases, because it shows me, that he learned something from the Alberto deal, where he outbidded HSV with a too high transfer fee. The transfer wasn´t planed this way. It was planed to get Alberto on loan and sign him at good performances. The consequences of it can be seen.

To take risks is one thing, but the risk must be controlable for Werder. And for a club like us there are limits and that makes the job for KA. It´s not like playing Monopoly like Uli Hoeness, Hoffenheim or especially the English, Spanish, Italian top teams as well as some oil/gas clubs.

Werder must look for good oportunities, because as you said the concurrence is not sleeping. Especially Leverkusen did some nice deals in the recent time.

---
    To the Tziolis transfer: Werder published a story with some photos from matches and the player arriving at the airport.

Werder.de: Tsiolis potrait and arrival in Bremen

Tziolis to Werder.de (quick translation):
    Edit: A positive side-node is, that he grew up in Germany until
    he became 12. So the language shouldn´t be a problem.
    (Very positive, but also if not no prolems. Greeks in general
    are vey talented in learning other languages)

Καλώς ήρθατε, Αλέξανδρος.
    Καλή τύχη σέ Βρέμη.

(Welcome Alexandros, all the best in Bremen)

19. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i'm also afraid that he will become like a Niemeyer, but all the best and i hope he leaves an impact.

Next step is to get a LV and TS needs to learn to play the defence well. No more centre backs at RV or LV.

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Tziolis passed the medical and gets the shirt number 16.
    Today he will fly with Klaus Allofs to Belek, Turkey,
    where the rest of the teams already does the winter preparation.

link: Werder.de

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Another transfer is confirmed: Dennis Diekmeier to Nuremberg

I am still disspointed by the youngster beeing so impatient
    and how he handled with the situation, nevertheless all the best
    for his further developement.

It´s spoken about a fair transfer fee, concerning the remaining length
    of the contract (half season), i expect about 350.000 €.

22. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting interview with Ikeng (German)

http://www.werder.de/aktuelles/news...ilft-ein-paar-Prozentchen-mehr-rauszudruecken

It seems like the team chemistry is still good, despite the difficult first half for the senior team this season - Frings helped Ikeng with the integration, giving him his car so he could do the formalities, others inviting him to a dinner etc.; Ikeng say that this has been a new experience for him. Ikeng is training with the senior team in Belek atm.

Furthermore, he says that the transfer was very spontaneous, and not long planned. He has the ambition to be promoted to the senior team, and won't be satisfied with playing for the second team in the long run. Since his contract ends in the summer (he is basically "on probation", as explained earlier), he will be under pressure to perform, which he thinks will make him stronger.

Nice to see that he is so ambitious, and quite eloquent. The talent is there, hopefully he'll realise his full potential for us, and establish himself here. If he can avoid another major injury in the coming years, he could become a very valuable player for the senior team.

23. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Said reacted a bit astounded after Allofs spoke at the weekend of the option to send him on loan (if this is really true,..., well planning of our sport management). I would have prefered to loan him out in summer and for a longer time than 6 months. These short-time loans make less sense and i don´t know a single player, who got a benefit from it.

But the decision is made. So i wish him a good amouth of playing time
    and good performances at FCK.