The Chivas Objections Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Soccerdude redded, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    Wow,MLS and Chivas FO should be questioned first thing in the morning. What a game though. Once again ESPN did a number on MLS tonight. I can live with the college game over lap, but the lose of video at the closing moments is totally unfair to the game and to the fans watching all over the world.Why ESPN is still on that old story about Beckham going back?.....

2. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Re: Attendance: 9,306.. ESPN "F" us again.

As an RSL fan it bugs me... if we could have a team with Chivas record instead of averaging 16,000 fans we'd average 18,000.

Hopefully the last couple weeks of positive news might get some excitement around the team again. It's been tough for 3 seasons... Chivas, with the way their team is playing, should be doing A LOT better in the stands.

3. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA

There is just no marketing of this team in LA. Even the TV media gives little love to Chivas USA. But I heard on ESPN that Chivas USA has fired their GM due to the lack of attendnace. Hopefully this should turns things around.

4. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY

May be Lalas could try his hand in this team as well.This way he can switch players and Galaxy can win a few games.

5. bigdoug

bigdoug New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Re: Attendance: 9,306.. ESPN "F"ed us again.

Pathetic. The better they've been playing, the lower the attendance seems to get. God forbid they win the Cup this year. They'd probably lose half their supporters. :)

They're in a real bind. Their "us vs. the gringos" marketing approach really antagonized a fair number of people who might be able to afford those lower-deck seats at midfield. I've seen little marketing designed to attract them. Their Mexican-American fan base seems to be pretty small. But the more they try to get away from that (in terms of players and marketing), the more they might antagonize the fans they do have.

It's a shame, because they're a good team and definitely playing the best soccer in LA the last two seasons.

6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

I no longer live in LA, but I just suspect that it's b/c the tix are still too high.

Yeah, yeah: you can get "deals", "buy 1 get 10tix free!!!" But if you look into going to a game, there's the major sticker shock.

They really should straight up drop their prices.

7. tk421

tk421 Member

Aug 11, 2007
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I really dont understand Chivas USA's market.

A lot of mexician americans I know follow MFL and wont touch the MLS. The ones that do follow the galaxy etc. Chivas USA is kinda stuck in the middle.

The lack of fans there is kinda embarssing for a better team

8. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA

Many Mexican Americans and Non Latinos will support Chivas USA. You just need to reach out to them.

In LA, no one knows if there is game unless you accidently read the sports calendar section of the LA Times.

9. PHX Soccer

PHX Soccer Member

Feb 8, 2007
    AZ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice showing on national TV. It is obvious that the Mexican-American market hasn't bought into Chivas, neither has LA, and the whole product is very much like the Clippers of the NBA, but much worse. No one would miss this abomination of a club, except for the hundreds of fans at the Galaxy's stadium. It is time to pull the plug on this experiment for the betterment of the LA market, MLS, and the sport of soccer. What a complete joke Chivas USA has become. I am embarassed to be a fan of MLS when I watch Chivas USA. While teams like Toronto FC elevate the league, you guys bring it down. Go away. Please, just get the hell off this planet we call earth. LA doesnt even have an NFL team and it has a soccer team and a "b" team. Go figure.

Garber's whole expansion tease is a joke until this joke of a team is aborted. Give Philly, Phoenix, Seattle, or even freaking Rochester a team, just dont make us suffer through amatuer hour in 2008. FMF wannabe.

10. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    Re: Chivas USA Shouldn't Exist

The same could be said about Gals when on Prime Time Thursday we embarresed you with all the world watching how pathetic Beckhams team is. :D

Dude pull your head from your a*s! The only team that is a Joke in the MLS is LA Galaxy. You Gals are dead at the bottem and look/play like crap. All the money spent and you guys have officialy earned the name PUB TEAM. :D

We may not have a great home attendance but every where we travel we have supporters their. You guys only get away support becasue of Beckham other wise the USA could give a s*it. People don't care about your team only about that girl wearing "23".

Our 10,000 fans, out sing and out cheer your pathetic lifeless 20,000 crowd.

Enjoy the early vacation while we battle for the CUP! :D

11. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles

here we go..

12. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Mods close this thread, before we list all the reasons why LA's Pub Team is the joke of MLS.

13. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar

Just coz your season is over doesn't mean that you have to bring everyone else down with you.

14. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar

This is what happens when you label yourself the "Mexican team" and don't sign any Mexicans. I thought one of the good things about having Chivas in MLS would be an influx of moderately priced Mexicans from the parent club. That, and with Vergara's $, I fully expected them to splash some dough on a recognizable Mexican DP. If they're not going to put Mexicans on the roster, they should just change the club identity to something more mainstream and stop pandering to one specific ethnic group.

15. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Game over. Everyone go home.

16. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan

[SIZE=-1]ay yay ya yay canta no llores, amargado. [/SIZE]

17. masterklh

masterklh New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Massachusetts

Oh give me a break about how unfair it is that they lose video. Shit happens.. Its not just because its MLS, the game was scheduled to end at 12:30 EST, thats what time they lost the feed. It was probolly on a timer. there were like 3 30 second commercials during that time. You missed absolutely nothing. Damn man you guys are ********in rediculous man. omg i missed a minute and a half of the game where nothing happened I got ********ed!

18. Yukon Cornelius

Oct 24, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I was very impressed with the coverage - especially because, at halftime, the graphic on the sidebar clearly showed that my Fire was beating DC 2-1.

And we could use the points. :D

19. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i was watching the game last night and Chivas didn't seem pathetic to me--they were good enough to make a game of it and tie the game 2-2... as for attendance, being a red bulls fan i can say that if you let attendance troubles get to you then you might as well shut down shop and go home. Chivas just has to concentrate on their on the field performance and everything else will take care of itself.

20. The 92nd Fish

The 92nd Fish Member

Jan 16, 2007
    London, England
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Move them to San Diego, secure a deal for an SSS, change the name to Chivas de San Diego, feet up, have a cup of tea.

21. samizdat7

samizdat7 Member

Jul 10, 2007

Yes, because a stadium full of teenage girls holding up signs that say "We love Becks" really elevates the league.

22. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Awww ... the last-place basement-dwelling no-life dork face is jealous of the roommate that moved in, stole his trophy girlfriend and soon, will steal its playoff spot.

Cheer up, slugger, you'll get a participation trophy at the loser's party at Pizza Hut in November. If you're lucky, maybe Donovan will kiss it 10 times before he hands it to you.

23. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is that I smell?

Jealousy

3-11-5

vs.

11-6-4

Attendance doesnt win championships, winning games does. Get bigger crowds all you want but that doesnt bring home the hardware.

24. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's right give Philly a team!! :)

25. Yankee_Devil

Yankee_Devil Member