The Chelsea Transfer Thread or Linha de transferência de Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My problem is other players could have been had, but some people can only look at bringing him in, in a vaccuum scenario. Like the rest of the world doesn't exist outside of Malouda or Quaresma.

2. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I know Walter, but in this case it doesn't. We obviously didn't want to buy anyone, so this is what we've got. Quaresma or Malouda? Malouda or Quaresma?

Like I said, we weren't going to pay big for anyone this window, so when you take that into consideration there were no other players to be had.

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Ricardo Quaresma vs Chelsea

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Wq_XPU-Os]If you forgot what Quaresma did or didn't do vs. Chelsea...Here is a brief recap[/ame]

Man, Chelsea had the Thuglisous look going. All Black w/ nasty tackles from Essien. Tuff marking from Makele & Diarra. I miss those days. Also, whoever locked that thread for Quaresma coming to the Blues was wrong. This isn't transfer stuff now:confused: Quaresma is a Blues playa, like it or not.

4. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We sold some players, and while I agree that loan deals may have been the only option, we still dont know that for fact nor that this is the only player who can be signed.

I just dont want to turn the board into United's where we will defend and justify the actions of any player simply because they where our kit.

5. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think its more of the fact he did get brought in. Malouda and Quaresma are in the squad not the rest of the world. If he performs better than Malouda then I am glad to have him. Sure, I would prefer Messi or Ashley Young or Robben, but they weren't options. Quaresma was. And if he is an imporvement to the squad then what's wrong with that? Unless you would rather we didn't improve the squad during the transfer windows?

6. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ricardo Quaresma vs Chelsea

Some fans seem to think football only exists on Youtube, curious phenomenon.

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep that is exactly what i want.

I guess Ill leave this alone as people can't help but reason for me. Very annoying.

8. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    He hasn't done anything yet to force us to defend him. In the same way you don't want people here to turn into Mancs, I don't want you to turn into someone who doesn't even care that he's wearing our shirt.

Give him a chance.

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im just discussing hypotheticals here. Just like everyone else reviewing the transfer windown, I get to say my peace too. I think it sucked hard(Ferreira is now our backup LB? what?). Back a year or go when ever it was, we had the Anti-Quaresma League for a reason. We didn't want him or his petulance at the club. I still don't, Im not suddenly going to change my opinion of the guy because he is about to play for Chelsea. That would be hypocriscy on my part.

That said, I am not going to boo the guy for christ sakes. People who boo their own players, are on another level of low, but I'm also not expecting this guy to go out and be My. Fair play all of a sudden, that is unreasonable. If he plays well and doesn't act like Ronaldo-lite great, but like I said I have my doubts.

10. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Judging from our lack of signings, it seems pretty darn factual to me.

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Walt

tbf while I agree that not happy with the fact that we have sold two solid backup players and not planned or thought much in the way of replacing them (youth players) I will have to hold on my judgment until I see Quaresma in action. The fact the board didnt want to spend is headscratching to me as this team clearly needs to improve and waiting until the summer seems a little silly, but as stated I am not sure there was much else we could have done, although as a few have suggested if we were willing to bring in Quaresma on loan then why not have a sniff at Adriano or someone else like that on loan as well.

much like you- his past disgusts me but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt much like I did with Deco. I still dont like Deco but it has everything to do with his poor play and the fact that he plays ahead of those more worthy rather than his antics.

I cant see too many standing for his antics as much as many wax poetic about the times of Robben- I can find just as many posts saying what a greedy, cheating little twat he was (mostly by me :D) as well.

Little early to judge things just yet mate imo.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FFS he hasn't even played a game once and already you're writing him off! Yes he's been poor in the past but hey it's not like he might you know, do well with us for a change. I mean it's a damn shame that Frank Lampard was quite average at West Ham, what the hell we're we thinking when we bought him? :rolleyes:

13. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So sorry to annoy you. I guess I generally want to add players that are better than the ones we already have, apparently you don't. Strange way of building a team but I guess you are entitled to your way. But don't bash everyone for hoping he helps the team and then whine when people don't agree.

14. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I hated Deco. I hated him so damn much after seeing what a tosser he was whenever we played against him and whenever I had the pleasure/annoyance of hearing Ray Hudson ejaculate in the studio when he was playing for Barca.

When I heard he was signing for us I was pissed off. First, because he's a douche, second because we DIDNT NEED ANOTHER FECKING CM.

While I too dislike Quaresma's bullsh*t, his position is exactly what we need. So if I was willing to give Deco a chance (and I did), then Quaresma's going to get one too. Easily. If we were willing to stick with Drogba for as long as we did, Quaresma gets a chance. Easily.

15. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Walter3000 lives

I think the word that you should be using is called progress. I would love to use a video from rojadirecta or daliymotion, but you can't get the video output in your post. Maybe you should progress in the 21st century, before you put someone down for using videos in their post:rolleyes:

Bro, look at the last five post (including this one) in this thread, it has all been asking questions of you & your replies. Are you sure are not a manure fan in disguised:p

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Kaz I dont agree with you that Lampard was quite average.

He suffered a pretty serious injury early in his career which held him back but played very well upon his return and was a regular for West Ham. He already was in the England squad when we brought him, although he wast a regular feature. Keep in mind he scored 14 goals for West Ham the season before we purchased him for 11 mil and it does really add up to an average player mate.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a good point. I agree with you on Deco especially I was pissed off for days, but when he lined up for his first match, I calmed myself and was prepared to see what he could do for us, I'm sure it will be the same for Q come his first action, but until then I'm venting.

I also don't recall there being such a dislike for Lampard like for Q. I mean was he an insufferable cheat too? Am I missing something here?

18. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    At the time though Carrick and Joe Cole were rated higher. But obviously, things change.

19. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See:sarcasm

20. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Awesome topic here. In Hasselbaink's book, there were a lot of questions asked about this transfer. Lamps was a pub hopping, over-weight footie star. Somewhere down the line, he changed his focus & became the Supah Frank as we currently know him. I don't know who or what happened, but I am glad it did. Maybe Claudio sat down w/ Frank (probably w/ Zola for translating purposes of course) & gave him some choice words. Hasselbaink said he is not the same overweight kid from the Hammers. Oh btw for any L'Puke fans reading this, Lamps is better than Stevie G :D

21. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I think you may be getting your timelines a little off as Carrick stepped in as Lampard left.

Prior to that he was a good little player but was loaned out and rarely featured in the Prem.

22. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair points as well. Thanks for not putting words in my mouth or ranting off topic about unrelated signings from 7 years ago. And like you, mydislike for Deco has evolved into something diffrent. Hopefully that doesnt happen with the new guy. Maybe he will go out and play well and stay on his feet and keep his mouth shut and make us all happy.

The window really stunk. We brought in a new Portuguese speaker(how many is that now), and sold two players, immediately promoting more potential playing time for Hilario and Ferreira who also......

23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What players are as a person doesn't have much relevance in regards to their abilities. This is Ashley Cole 2.0 anyway.

24. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Righteous.

25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Fair enough.