The Chelsea Transfer Thread or Linha de transferência de Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    based on Malouda's "performances" I cant blame them

nice avatar btw

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can. Plenty of players to be had "aren't Malouda," and plenty aren't this d-bag either.

3. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    You've just lumped yourself with the people you're blaming.

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And those players are usually hard to snag in January. I'm giving him a chance.

Look, we've been screaming for something other than Malouda for ages and the instant we get something that might work some people aren't too happy with it when he has yet to step on the pitch because of who he is as a person. I may hate Cristiano Ronaldo as a person but would I take him in our squad if it meant no more Malouda? Yeah.

It works out, cool. If not, oh well. Upside is that it's a loan.

5. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really, when thinking of good additions to the squad, my one and only thought was never, is he better than Malouda. Nor would I use it to justify a signing.

6. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Our whole point is that we cannot score against good defenses. Let's have a look:

Liverpool - 2 games, 0 goals
    Man. Utd - 2 games, 1 goal
    Arsenal - 1 game, 1 goal

Furthermore, fern's point that this is NOT the same team that beat Villa 2-0 or Pompey 4-0 or any of those great early season wins. Recently the troubles have been worse

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yet this board spends a lot of time complaining about Malouda. But given our situation, I'll take something new.

8. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would want to add someone like this to our squad period. A lot of players "could work," that really isn't saying anything. He is an overrated, underperforming primadonna cheat with a bad attitude, what is there to be happy about.

I refuse to dumb down my expectations for a player or be happy with someone like this just because Malouda sucks

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There it is. It didn't have to be Quaresma or Malouda. That's my point. That seems to be the only justification for this signing for people trying to live with having Quaresma in our squad.

And to further try to write off this transfer window as serviceable, good, or anything above poor is laughable.

Edit: We also spend all of our time talking about Scolari and his favortism towards Portuguese speakers. What do you know, another one

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    keeping in mind the Arsenal goal was an own goal and the Man Utd goal was scored late on.

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How about the fact that it might work out? Or that we have a winger who is unpredictable (Even if he is Ronaldo when he came to United)? We've been screaming for a flair type player for ages and the instant we get one we still complain despite not playing yet.

So you'd rather see Malouda not cross, not take on his man, not stay wide, and be not useful that's fine by me.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If you could kindly point out where I implied or said anything of the sort I'll eat my jacket.

13. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is Fern the offtopic officer. ;)

14. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    hey its related as it deals with how poorly we have played in an attacking sense and how we need to upgrade that area

smartarse.

15. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.He is not Ronaldo by any stretch. He isn't that fast and he is completely one footed. He also is a cheat,diver, and whiner. Any winger or attacker we could have signed had the potential to "might work out."

2.How many times do I have to say it, it isnt about quaresma or Malouda? Jesus. I'll give you some time to think it out.

16. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    So without even one match played, it cannot get above anything but poor? :confused:

17. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Walter going for the broad, oversweeping generalizations and completely whiffing. color me shocked.

18. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well, Fern & you have a good point. Add to the fact that The Blues didn't score vs. gooners. Gooners scored for us;). Point taken, but to say that Chelsea have an issue scoring goals is wrong. To me, The Blues are just bullies vs. smaller clubs...or the fact that we might be looking at....The Blues are only 2nd best. Well, now they are third best:rolleyes:

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    pulls up chair

gets out popcorn

waits to see people bash heads against wall and make no ground

waits for invasion of Quaresma fanboys to attack Walter for the diving comments...

oh boy this is going to be great

:rolleyes:

20. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    LOL Walter! It has everything to do with Quaresma! Look at what you just wrote about him! :D

21. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Your point is very good as well, its not like we are shambolic at scoring goals and therein lies the issue for me. We scored 27 in 13 games against some half decent teams so surely this problem can be fixed cant it?

Perhaps the Plan B should be deployed as clearly we have struggled in the final third for 3 fecking months now.

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Happy to be loved by Blue Fans

I am soo happy we can get along. It brings tears of joy to my eyes[​IMG]

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

Instead of tears of pain? :D

We dont always have to agree on this board as long as we can agree to disagree (cough, cough, hint, hint) from time to time things move along fine.

As I said your post brings some good points out- I just dont agree that we have done well enough over the last 3 months in the attacking end.

24. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA

Chelsea = Economy
    Quaresma = Stimulus plan

25. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obnoxious pointless post from you, yahtzee!

Im talking about the transfer window as a whole, I think it was poor. Care to discuss it? My guess is no.