The Cerezo Osaka Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by nipponbasse83, Jun 17, 2007.

1. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    So, any other Cerezo fans around here? ;)

3 wins in a row now! if they beat Thespa away next weekend they might be able to join the very tight race for promotion ( at least playoff:rolleyes: )

Anyway, I keep an english Blog about Cerezo, as well as posting previews for all the J2 games every round.

so, if you're interested in J2 feel free to drop in at :

www.cerezo-osaka.blogspot.com

2. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Cerezo Osaka FC thread

Sorry to tell you, but you are probably the first Cerezo fan here. You can probably contribute to the general j.league thread, since there's fans from other clubs.

3. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

hehe ,well i thought so ;) i will keep to that general J.League thread then:cool:

why isn't there a J2 thread btw? wouldn't it be a good idea to split the 2 leagues?

4. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Like I said..., there aren't that many people here. I will expand, if more people come.

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

bump

6. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Holy thread resurrection batman.

Also, for on topic... I am happy to see Kagawa is still with Cerezo. I'm sure they can stay up!

7. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile in Germany:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLxz8NoLCE"]YouTube- Dresden - BVB 1:2 28.7.10 | Alle Tore[/ame]

9. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Good to see a goal for Kahgahwah

10. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kim is out for two months......that might be tougher to fill than Kagawa

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Matsui used to be a good goalie, but last season at Sanga he SUCKED. Tough one, but honestly I doubt Cerezo would make it to the top or bottom three with or without him...

12. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    He also looked a bit weak in our first two matches this season, when he stepped in for a suspended Kim, and he was to blame for atleast 2 of the 4 goals we conceded against Omiya and Gamba imo. But our defence looks alot better now than in those games, so perhaps Matsui will have an easier time this around.

but as you said, I doubt the Kim / Matsui situation will be a decisive factor regarding us challenging for a top 3 finish / getting involved in the relegation zone anyway, so it shouldnt matter too much. But of course its depressing to get our best GK by far injured when we are actually as high as 5th place, and it would have been nice to have our best possible squad available to see if we actually could stay up there.

But when i think about it, its only a handful of matches where we havent lost one or more important or key players this season. MArtinez has been out for over half the season, and Inui, Uemoto, Ienaga Kim and Adriano have had spells on the sidelines as well. Luckily we got a fairly big squad.

13. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile in Germany-2
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZomMUStiE"]YouTube- ‪Borussia Dortmund 3:1 Manchester City [Extended Highlights]‬‎[/ame]

14. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    good game against Frontale. IT could have tipped both ways, as it was very open and entertaining and both teams created lots of chances. Perhaps Frontale had the two biggest ones, but overall I think we were just as good, if not slightly better than Frontale.

A point to each team seems fair though, and we should be happy with that, considering we were without two of our most important players ( Kim and Adriano).

This was also our debut at our new home-venue Kincho Stadium. A small and intimate stadium it looked like, but as there are no roof to keep the sound within the stadium, you kinda lose a little bit of the atmosphere. I still prefer Nagai, but for smaller matches Kincho certainly seems to be a good place as well.

15. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Meanwhile in Germany-3
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gftobzHnM50"]YouTube- ‪???? 3????????????????‬‎[/ame]
    I think we should start another thread for that :D

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As said, we could have a whole website...

17. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Just saw the highlights from the Cerezo-Antlers game, and it was a really nice goal by Inui. Or atleast the play leading up to the goal was impressive! WE also had a header from Kiyotake that hit the post, so based on the highlights we played a very good game. WEre put under alot of pressure near the end of the match, and let Kashima come to some big chances, but did well to keep another clean sheet.

Gotta give credit to Matsui as well. He's only conceded 1 goal in 4 games after stepping in for Kim, and have looked solid on pretty much everything that he have done.

I'm impressed with how Kiyotake have "replaced" Kagawa as well, and has become a major part of our offensive play.

18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The game was balanced, Antlers had more chances, but Cerezo deserved to come home with a result. Amazing how they came together as a team after the departure of Kagawa.

Matsui pulled out another couple of great saves, at Sanga Kato considered him the third goalie after Mizutani and Hirai--yet another proof that he is extremely incompetent.

Will the Kincho stadium be big enough for the next games? Also, we look forward to an amazing Osaka derby in a few weeks!!

19. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You think the KINCHO might sell out this Saturday vs Ardija...?

21. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The attendances at Kincho are disappointing so far:

14,031 vs. Frontale
    9,086 vs. FC Tokyo
    9,799 vs. Ardija

Before we moved, the average Nagai crowd was over 18k. Even if we don't take Osaka derby into account, it's still over 15k, and only one game has drawn less than ten thousand – 8,926 against Sanga.

Why is this happening? The stadium is located just next door to old one, it's much more intimate and must be a better place to watch football. I am confused, really.

22. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    All the clubs in questions are from Kantou Area, meaning less away fans. They may have allocated too many away seats...., may be? I think it is too early to judge and I would not be worried just yet.

23. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It's surely closer to the pitch and everything, and in that way its a better place to watch games, but I wouldnt really say its a nice stadium in any way, and atmosphere-wise its not that great either, as only one of the terraces have proper roofing.

My impression from my time in Sapporo especially but also in Osaka and other places is that people want to watch games in NICE stadiums, which is one of the reasons why for example Consadole - Toyama at Sapporo Dome drew double figures of what for example Consadole against Cerezo or Kofu did at Atsubetsu.

Now, the situation in Sapporo is different from Osaka of course, where all 3 of Cerezo's stadiums are located next to eachother, but I still think the same pattern can be seen.

Because no matter how intimate Kincho might be, its not as majestic and nice as Nagai is, and for the not so hardcore supporters that mostly goes to games just to get a nice experience Nagai is definitiely more appealing.

The last seasons in J2, our attendance have always been alot higher during the last 3-4 months than at the beginning of the season, and considering how well we have done so far one should think that would just get even higher now, but so far that has not been the case, and I would imagine Kincho is one of the reasons for that. I mean, 9000 on a game in end of August when we are in 2nd place on the table?? There were much more insignificant matches around the same time the last seasons against poor J2-teams that drew closer to 20 000 actually, so again, I think Kincho is one of the factors why our attendance have dropped ( I'm bad at explaining but... )

24. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    just watched the highlights of Cerezo - Omiya, and it was another fantastic performance by the Flaming Pinks^^

I got to say I'm impressed with Culpi, and his ability to find players suitable for his system. Like how he have rejuvenated the career of Ienaga, turned Inui into a NT-player, and giving Kiyotake, whogets better and better for each round, the chance to fill Kagawa's shoes in addition to signings like Martinez,Adriano,Uemoto etc. In such a way he actually reminds me a bit about Arsenè Wenger, and his works with Arsenal.

Im actually starting to believe we can be a serious contender for an ACL-spot now.

25. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he is doing the job this year.

I'm hoping the reverse result leads to reverse fortunes......We go on a big run and you guys suffer for awhile......It's only fair, right?

Nahh, good win. You should at least have to take Chikara off our hands though.