The BS thread, otherwise known as transfer rumors

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Pigs, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Since this forum seems to be absolutely dead, I thought I might as well spend some time creating topics and replying to myself on it. What harm can there be? Maybe this one thread will be enough.

Most of this thread will be complete BS. Mainly if any of our players start playing well in pre_season they will immedietely be linked with man Utd like they always are. Spurs will want Mirallas because he's that type of player and Mcarthey will be linked away to several clubs because he has been ever since he friggin signed.

But before that....It's July. Everton have signed Deulofeu and Cleverley already, great signings if you ask me. One was cheap, althought a buy back option is possible, and the other was Free. We can't lose either way. But who else? It looks like Martinez is collecting midfielders. Infact I'm starting to think that maybe Martinez has gone absolutely mental and might start with a starting XI of.....

McGeady
    Osman - Besic - Barry - Deulofeu
    Cleverley - McArthey
    Barkley - Naismith - Pienaar
    Mirallas

Gibson will be crocked as usual, McAleny was awesome against Swansea so he might play. But seriously, Everton are very thin at the back and upfront. With only Jagielka and the very young stones as 'senior centrebacks', Martinez needs to buy a defender pretty sharpish.

Lukaku is the only striker Everton have, because Kone is so useless he might as well not be given a position. So Martinez surely needs to give Lukaku some competition?

McGeady will obviously not play in goal, but if he ever does play for Everton again, he will be more useful there.

So to start. Everton have been linked with Inter Milan midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri, this is according to several websites who quote the Express newspaper in England. But when you actually find the Express link

See how these rumors start? one newpapers pulls a rumor from their behind, and in turn are quoted by endless other newspapers and websites.

If you find any other rumors, then please post them here. I will be interested even though I have about a dozen already.

2. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Everton FC have been linked with a move for Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina, and reports in Turkey suggest Fenerbahce are ready to rival them.

Turkish Football claims the Super Lig side have been in the market for a new goalkeeper after recently appointed sporting director Giuliano Terraneo declared current first choice keeper Volkan Demirel as not being up to par.

The Istanbul giants recently signed Fabiano from Porto but it is unclear whether the Brazilian keeper will be the club's number one.

Ospina, 26, has made comments surrounding reported interest from Goodison Park. (source http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/everton-fc-transfer-rumours-ospina-9635126)

3. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    According to the Indepedent (source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...mes-mccarthy-and-kevin-mirallas-10384045.html)

[​IMG]

Spurs are after McCarthey and Mirallas. Some other sources say 23m for both, but they are basically quoting each other. And always end with the "McCarthey has not been happy since he was promised a new contract", a line they have been using for the past 14 months.

Great quote here from the Independent newspaper from where they get their source.

Do any journalists make their own investigations anymore?

4. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It is a dead forum since everyone is on grandoldteam.com

personally i never take much stock into an rumor until its on the OS page. Then i still look at it with skepticism :)

5. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Grandoldteam is not a bad forum. One I'm not a member of but have looked at now and again, I don't know what it is with Everton fans but they are very low key. I do have a look at toffeeweb, especially the forums there if it's matchday, but there are far too many moaning bstards.

Skeleton Crew repped this.
  6. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyway, It's not going to stop me writing to myself. haha

Everton FC Transfer Rumours: Jordan Ayew, Xherdan Shaqiri & exits for McGeady and Coleman

Source: - LIVERPOOL Echo

[​IMG]

Funny, this article starts off with 'according to news agencies in Ghana', it doesn't even bother quoting the source material itself. But apparently, Jordan Aye is on 'Evertons radar'. Like Everton have some type of military technology that is solely built on signing players.

Ayew would cost €12million. Then the Liverpool Echo quote L'Equip, and then VideoCelts website that this must mean that McGeady is going......

Terrible reporting.

7. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    Keep posting, Pigs. We're out here and I, for one, enjoy reading your material.

8. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks, quite strange that we registered only days apart; hog and pig and all. LOL

9. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Howard in goal, Evans in defence, Cleverley and Gibson in Midfield. ..............................Vidic

[​IMG]

According to goal.com, Martinez is replicating Moyes in buying former Utd players, but they are a week late parroting the Daily Star here

11. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Offtopic, not Everton related. But it is reported that Fabian Delph has made a dramatic u-turn and might actually sign for Manchester City. Just days after pledging his loyalty to Aston villa.

Here is Exclusive Footage of Fabian Delph driving home to Birmingham earlier in the week........

click here

Totally recommended viewing.

12. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Daily Mail Bollox
    Yes, Everton have rejected a 20m bid for John Stones. But already the Daily Mail are reporting that Chelsea will come back in with a bid of 26m.

[​IMG]

What worse / funny, is reading the plastic Chelsea fan comments on the Daily Mail page. One by "Maurice" who says it's an insult that Everton rejected a 20m bid. Like who the hell do they think they are?

Before Abramovich took over Chelsea, Chelsea were going the way of Leeds Utd. They bought their cups in the late 90s but were going bust because they were spending money on players they couldn't afford because naturally they are not a big club. Obviously the Russian oil money has changed that. Bought titles and Cups, saving them from administration, wiping off their debts. And a cheeky git is "insulted".

I'm insulted that Chelsea are the most boring team in the league despite all the money they have. At least City try to win in style. How can a team buy so many players, pay them hundreds and thousands....then park the bus!!

THAT is an insult.

13. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

I find this image an insult.

John Terry pretending he's well hard. Diego Costa looking 20 years older than what he claims to be, and pretending he's lord Kitchener. Hazard being told to look menacing along with the rest but actually looks like he finds the thing hilarious (like the rest of us) he's thinking 'I can't believe how much I'm getting paid to play for these plastics'. You can see it written all over his face........... Oscar wiping snot from his mouth.

What's worse is that this is for the launch of Chelsea's new kit. Although you wouldn't have knew it if you didn't realize that they actually have a different sponsor. Which is far too high up. Bunch of posers......

[​IMG]

Oscar being sucked off by Mourinho

[​IMG]

Oscar trying to be menacing? Trying to pose like a girl? Who knows. He's one step away from doing the duck face.

14. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Everton monitor Diego Capel with Kevin Mirallas' future in doubt

[​IMG]

Article starts with 'Everton have been running the rule over Spanish winger Diego Capel.'

Which is a bizarre claim if you think about it. "Running the rule", like in what way? Bit of an authoritarian stance that is. Are Everton exercising total control over this stereotypical 90s Spaniard with the long hair and hairband?

And then it strangely ends with 'but Everton have yet to firm up any interest'.

Yes guys, Everton are after Diego Capel, but they're not.

15. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    I am getting more and more worried about losing Stones. The reported offers from Chelsea keep getting higher and now the rumors are that Man Utd and Man City are getting involved. That could raise the bidding price to a level that our board just can't resist.

We are already very thin at center back with Alcaraz and Distin leaving, not that they were all that great. But at least they were experienced cover. All we have now are Jags, Stones and some untested players from the reserve.

I only hope that if the board does sell that it is for such a ridiculously high amount that we can purchase 3-4 young centerbacks and hope that 1 or 2 of them come good.

18. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be honest, if we get 30m or more for John Stones then that is a good deal, providing we buy two centrebacks similar to the likes of Ashley Williams and Scott Dann. If not, then it will be a disaster having just Phil Jagielka as our only senior CB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily Star newspaper is reporting that Everton have been tipped to sign Alexandre Pato.

However they get their info from the Daily Mail, who mention that Pato will be offered to mid-level Premiership clubs like Crystal Palace.

[​IMG]

19. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A player that we have been linked to for the past two months, is the pitbull that is Xherhan Shaqiri who's name keeps popping up all over various media linked with Everton. Last month we apparently put in a 12m bid, whereas this month we are trying to loan the player with a view to buy.

The curious case of Inter and Xherdan Shaqiri

[​IMG]

Bookmakers did slash our odds on signing QPR striker Charlie Austin a few days ago, but that means absolutely nothing since they suspended booking completely when Newcastle was linked a few months back.

21. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    STOKE CITY OR EVERTON FOR SHAQIRI?

Reports all around the web are saying that Everton are hijacking the Stoke City move to Shaqiri. But they are all quoting from the Metro who quote Swiss newspaper Blick.

They basically say that we have agreed a 13.4m fee for the player with Inter.

However the Express newspaper and Telegraph go a different way and say that Shaqiri has already passed a medical at Stoke and will sign within the next 48 hours.

The Express say that Everton were too late.

Looks to me that Stoke City have to be favourites to sign him.

22. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    I see on Goal.com that they are reporting Everton has agreed a fee (17.5 million pounds) with Dynamo Kiev for Andriy Yarmolenko. Goal.com is citing a report from BT Sport. How reliable are these sources? This would be great if true, but I need to see him holding up an Everton shirt before I will fully believe it.

23. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    On Toffeeweb posters are saying the original report came from a fake BT Sport Twitter account. So this may be a false alarm.

24. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

According to Calciomercato, Carlo Ancelotti might keen to raid his former side SSC Napoli for Kalidou Koulibaly and Piotr Zielinski, although they'd cost ridiculous money because their chairman is the Daniel Levy of Serie A, but with a screw loose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]