The Bruins, UCLA 2019

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by McSkillz, Jun 26, 2019.

1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UCLA 2-1 WSU

To Washington, CHOW!
    To WSU, MEOW!

blissett repped this.
  2. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UCLA 4-2 USC

BOOM. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Can't touch us! :ninja:

Tigmon and derbarkasmann repped this.
  3. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shots were 27-4. I want to see the Bruins in the College Cup.

McSkillz and Tigmon repped this.
  4. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McSkillz repped this.
  5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    How did they get selected? They were terrible.

7. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched them stifle Colorado a week ago, the score was close, the game wasn't. They weren't terrible that night. But the hugs and the tears after the game, especially from the seniors, suggested that their season was over. They must have thought they had a fraction of a chance because they did assemble to watch the selection.

What helped both Colorado and Utah get in was beating Washington in Seattle two weeks ago when the Huskies had an RPI of 10. If UW hadn't forgotten how to score, there would be seven Pac-12 teams in instead of nine.

And perhaps The Committee holds the conference in high regard.

To change the subject, much admiration from me to the Bruins for clearing the bench and not running up the score on Lamar. As opposed to Stanford, whose starters scored eleven goals against a massively overmatched Prairie View A&M team (shots were 41-0). Just my opinion.

8. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I watched the Stanford game. They did clear their bench and played everyone available to play it seemed. Couple usual starters didn’t start and didn’t play. They rotated 17 or 18 that were available. Prairie View was terrible, and I’m not sure what Stanford was supposed to do. Stop playing or just play the keep away?

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  9. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. You are correct. I commented without knowing the details. How do you hold a score down when substitutes are playing? They work just as hard all season and don't get much glory.

10. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017
    They play in the Division I Southwestern Conference where they finished with a 10-1 record and finished 2nd in the standings. However, they won the conference tournament which automatically qualified them for the NCAA tournament. Once all the teams are determined they then seed them 1 through 64. In this case, Prairie View got the lowest seed which goes to the No. 1 overall seed Stanford. Thus the big mis-match.

11. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't seed them 1 through 64. After the seeds, and selection of the at large teams, they put them into the computer and an NCAA travel program places the teams in the manner that, overall, will minimize travel costs except that teams from the same conference can't play each other until the third round. This is how they do sports that are not "revenue" sports. It's unlike basketball, where they place them as you described.

The SWAC being in Division I is unfortunate. They perennially are the last place conference, and they always are well below any other conference. In addition, they skew the RPI in favor of conferences whose teams they play and also conferences whose teams those conferences' teams play.

From a competition perspective, it's really a pretty sad situation, as shown by Stanford's goal every 5 minutes.

Val1 repped this.
  12. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Thanks! Good to know.

13. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we made it Bruins. We are back in the quarter-finals or "elite 8". We have went as far as most predictors have ... well predicted but now comes the real test. This is where only 2 or 3 of us predicted UCLA going through to the College Cup. Is it doable? Well we have defeated them earlier in the season at Banc of California Stadium so it's definitely possible but we are both different teams now and are both going to be putting everything on the line. Home field advantage is a thing and we failed last year against North Carolina at their field. We now have to face another number one seed in FSU, at their house, in front of their fans. If we try are absolute hardest, we could make it through to the College Cup, if we lose, it would be to last years Champs so no disappointment there.

It should be a very exciting and nerve wrecking match for us fans of both teams. Good luck to all.

derbarkasmann and Tom81 repped this.
  14. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It happens. The team I follow has accomplished that in the second round three times in the last six years, all 1-0..

But seriously, this could be the best game of the entire playoffs.

15. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to UCLA! They are a much better team than FSU and I wish them nothing but the best going forward!

Number007 repped this.
  16. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Bruins to play Stanford, if the Cardinal win? Might be the two best teams..

17. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UCLA and Ashley Sanchez have announced she's entering the NWSL draft.

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  18. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A dynamic player. She's 5th in the mock draft. I believe Sophia Smith is projected at 1st overall assuming she declares. I haven't heard if she has or hasn't.

19. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She has.

20. PowerSoccer

PowerSoccer Member

Dec 3, 2019
    They only had 17-18 available? Seems like a pretty small roster.