The Bruins, UCLA 2019

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by McSkillz, Jun 26, 2019.

1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ded. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

2. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stanford 1-0 UCLA at half:barefoot:

Stanford is up by 1 but it's not over yet, 1st half over and I see moments from UCLA where they can equalize. We'll see if that energy sticks around during the 2nd half. Should be a fun watch! :geek::thumbsup:

3. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Sad.

(I’m so sick of Stanford)

derbarkasmann and McSkillz repped this.
  4. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahah, we had that one chance with Ashley Sanchez, one on one with the Stanford keeper but otherwise we couldn't even get a shot on goal.

Interestingly, I thought we played much better in the second half but Stanford is so good, they literally have to make a big mistake in order for anyone to have a chance against them. I see very little weakness spots with them but it was a good game during the 2nd half. I was a little frustrated that it took 40 minutes for UCLA to be UCLA. They seem to have two personalities this season...

Jamaicanadian repped this.
  5. stinker1318

stinker1318 New Member

Oct 20, 2019

4th goal of the season where TM doesn’t take control/use her presence (both Pepperdine goals, CAL goal, and now Stanford goal). She might be better with her feet but LB would have stopped those

FreshPow repped this.
  6. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Did you see the way LB played the third goal against AZ? A field player would have played that better. If you watched the UCI scrimmage you would also agree she struggled. I know neither of these two personally. So I really am not invested. But I would take Teagan every day of the week.

McSkillz repped this.
  7. stinker1318

stinker1318 New Member

Oct 20, 2019

That third AZ goal she was put in a bad spot, break away. The forward also had pressure on her, and our defenders didn’t get stuck in. TM & LB both have made mistakes with their feet, and *luckliy* neither one has given up goals because of it. Last night was TM’s fourth single-handily caused goal. If a field player personally caused 4 goals in a row they would be benched. How many more soft goals is UCLA going to give up???

8. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    At LB AZ she backpedaled into her goal on the breakaway. Goalkeeping 101, close down the angle. She gave the forward the entire net to shoot at.
    Teagan takes a lot more shots due to the massive disparity in playing time, so she is bound to have some errors. LB has gotten very little time and was shaking in both outings I watched full games of (AZ and UCI). Apparently the coaches agree with me since Teagan is the starter.

9. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I tend to bite my tongue on this discussion because of the obvious conflict of interest but I will say I’m going to side with striker1318 on this one. That goal yesterday was 100% on TM. That said the result would have been the same had she made the save and the game went to ot

10. Jamaicanadian

Jamaicanadian New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    The result against Stanford was fair. A tie would have been harsh from their perspective. Stanford was stronger all over the pitch on the night and didn't allow UCLA to find any rhythm, especially in their offensive third. Stanford did what good squads do at this level and punished UCLA for an error. JF was effectively marked out of the match which is unique. In order to win you must score. As we move, gotta love the Pac12!!

11. stinker1318

stinker1318 New Member

Oct 20, 2019

We’ll see what they do for the UW/WSU games. Senior day on Sunday. Bottom line is they can’t lose anymore games, and they can’t give up anymore soft goals. I agree with the minutes TM plays, she’ll have more mistakes. However, these mistakes are costing them games.

12. Messi #1

Messi #1 New Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Oct 9, 2019
    What I dont understand about ucla is they dont have there best ball handlers or creators handling the ball on the offensive side. The defense played awesome. But goalie mistake killed them. Last 2 seasons Ashley, viviana,Jesse more involved in attack. Sanchez has been put on a island on the left with minimal touches. Viviana has seen little of ball in middle this year. And jesse is playing east-west this year. And from the games I have watched the girls getting the most balls in front of the goal are not finishers other than Mia. But they seem to have it majority of chances and do nothing with there chances other than mia.

13. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frustrating. I flew to Los Angeles two weeks ago to watch the Bruins do the same thing to Colorado.

There is a silver lining ... UCLA held Stanford to twelve shots, only four on goal. Nobody else has done that this year and nobody will. USC, at home, gave up 26 shots to Stanford, 12 on goal.

14. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So a 1-0 victory for the Bruins late. In goal??? LB....TM coaches decision

15. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    No idea why LB played tonight but TM has 11 starts. LB only 1 when TM was not available. ;) LB has been TM's backup for three seasons for a reason. The announcers said Cromwell made several lineup changes to kick start the team. Not sure if the GK reasoning was the same as I missed the start of the game. Just keep your trash talk in the USC forum dad.

16. stinker1318

stinker1318 New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Bruins with the 1-0 win. Great goal & assist. And LB with the clean sheet. Senior day Sunday, but curious for how the rest of the season will play out.

Glove Stinks repped this.
  17. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Clean sheet on 4 shots. Not a difficult night.

18. stinker1318

stinker1318 New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Probably because of TM’s mistake in Palo Alto....and for the few others this past season. The gap between TM & LB has gotten smaller and smaller every season. It might have taken 3 years, but here we are now. UCLA can’t afford to lose anymore games on soft goals/ GK errors. Didn’t have much action, but held on to every shot and completed her passes

19. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ummmm where is the USC forum? I don’t pander to that my friend. You aren’t fooling anyone. Keep it civil

20. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teagan Micah clearly in the doghouse last night. Glad UCLA got a win out of a very defensive minded Washington Huskies side.

Was that Joy Fawcett in attendance hugging Lesle Gallimore or another known vet that I mistakened Fawcett for? I was watching LAFC vs LA Galaxy at the same time as this game and could only have one audio on at the time so I didn't drive myself crazy.

An even bigger test will be Washington State on Sunday. Should be a fun game to watch.

21. Sam Miami

Sam Miami Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 11, 2019
    Took a watch as I was tuned into the derby. Mismatch - didn't look like UW had many who could play at UCLA.

22. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most teams don't. The Bruins are better than their record this year and I suspect we will see that in the playoffs.

23. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Yes, Joy Fawcett was in attendance. I saw a pic of her on twitter I believe with Amanda.

24. Skokian

Skokian Member

Nov 20, 2008
    From the Daily Bruin:

Redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Lauren Brzykcy started in place of senior goalkeeper Teagan Micah and logged three saves on Washington’s three shots on goal.

Cromwell said the decision to start Brzykcy was based on the skill set of the Huskies’ front line. Cromwell confirmed that Micah will start Sunday against No. 19 Washington State.

McSkillz, ytrs and stinker1318 repped this.
  25. Sam Miami

Sam Miami Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 11, 2019
    What are the differences in the UCLA keepers and what did the Washington forwards do?