The Brazil NSR "Chat" thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn't think it was bad overall, but I didn't come close to the hype (and probably never was).

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haha should be next week, we will be doing team previews soon. Crazy to think it's already may.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't wait to hear the Skins hate. Feel free to pile on RGIII, because I'll agree with it. It's a no excuses, put up or shut up year for him. Moreso than any other year. He whined about the o-line last year. McCloughan addressed it in the draft. He's got weapons. He's got a solid back and what should be improved run blocking (Scherff's strong point) from the line. Jay has said he will tailor the offense more to his skillset. He needs to be willing to do things and not be under the impression that's he's some sort of all pro pocket QB. It's time to run some again, Robert. You don't develop a presence in the pocket overnight....

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well my whole critisism of the Redskins will start with jay gruden, he's a joke to me, so I actually love seeing him get trolled by desean Jackson. Rg3 is pretty bad, I didn't see much improvement last year plus I think he's scared to run so you guys can make what you want of that. Even though jay grudens a joke I do feel his frustration, that int before half against the Vikings probably was enough to make him sick , he basically threw away complete control of the game. I'm not sold on the o line being fixed either.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I won't disagree, but look at it this way. Our defense on PAPER should be improved. I'm not putting much faith into Joe Barry, but it would take special circumstances for him to be worse than Jim Haslett. So some sort of "upgrade" has to come from the defense.

Oline hasn't been fixed, but at least it has been addressed. Let's be honest, signing a bum like Shawn Lauvao last offseason was not addressing the line. Drafting the best OL available in the draft at our weakest OL position and hiring one of the best OL coaches in the game IS addressing the position. We drafted some OGs as well, but that doesn't mean they'll be good. Our OGs are soft and get pushed around with ease. So to your point, yeah, the OL wasn't fixed, but it was addressed (and hopefully upgraded).

I'm not putting a lot of stock in Jay, but now is his opportunity to prove the naysayers wrong. He made a lot of excuses at the end of the season about how the first year was a learning experience. It's time to show that he has learned from those mistakes....

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    -------------------------Goldson(D. Hall)-----------------------------Johnson-----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------Riley----------------Robinson----------------------------------------------
    ----Cully/Breeland-----------------------------------------------------------------------DHall/Cully---
    ------------------P. Smith/Murphy---Hatcher----Knighton---Paea------Kerrigan-------------------

That's what the D looks like now. We have some solid DL depth now. I'm still concerned about pass rusher. Kerrigan is a high motor guy, but don't get fooled by his sack totals last year. He's not someone that can consistently rush the passer. Murphy is known for being good at run support, but not rushing the passer. P. Smith is an unknown. At ILB, P. Riley was exposed quite a bit in coverage. It was a spot I was hoping we'd upgrade. At CB, we look better than last year, but I'm curious to see what kind of D. Hall we will be getting after his injury. I don't want to see any of Amerson. Our safeties aren't sexy at all, but they can't be any worse than last year's bums.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm expecting the defense to be better as well. I've heard lots of people act like Kerrigan is really good but you summed up my opinion of him perfectly. I'm expecting Culliver to be good so I don't think it's a bad thing having him and D hall as the starting corners, my question is who's the nickel corner who can cover guys in the slot? I'm 50/50 on the pass rush situation, i'm leaning towards it being good. I've always loved dts and good 5 techniques and I feel like they can open up a pass rush more than most people think. I'm not a big Hatcher guy but he has a good pass rush, can't debate that. I loved the Paea and espicially the Knighton signings, I don't think we've seen the best of Knighton either. I guess my main concern with him was do the other gms know something we don't know about him? In a lg where interior d lineman are scarce I was expecting him to get way more. I see what your saying about the new gm though, these moves actually make sense unlike the ryan clark and tracy porter signings just to name a few. Great move by the gm to letting Orakpo walk. You know i'm not a big 3-4 guy but with this personal I like it, are there any raw speed rushers on the roster to watch in preseason?

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @lawsonishere we have no speed rushers lol. Our depth is whack at OLB, which is why it was critical for us to draft one in the first three rounds.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I feel like Tom Brady killed a man

Mengão86 repped this.
  13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He cheated or was aware of the cheating, according to the report. This is serious; I wouldn't be opposed to a suspension.

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why's it so serious? Jerry rice used illegal stick em , plenty of hall of fame lineman got caught using Vaseline , ect. Is it cheating when an o lineman makes his jersey as tight as humanly possible with the tape and other supplies so d lineman have nothing to grab at? I think people are more mad at the lying. I just don't think this made any difference, only reason why it's a big story is because it's Tom Brady IMO. I would be pretty disgusted if he missed a regular season game but it will probably happen, although goodell is krafts bitch.

Mengão86 repped this.
  15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hate Tom Brady and I hate the Patriots. However, it's crazy the kind of attention this story is getting. The Falcons also cheated last season and that got 1% of the press this got. Sure, go ahead and punish them, but don't force feed me this garbage for a week. I'm glad they at least had he decency to release this after the draft.

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's the sad reality. Florio on pft wrote an article yesterday saying the Browns and falcons punishments should serve as a precedent, which would make sense but the national media attention changes that. I think a lot of people who hate Brady are cherry picking this but that's just me.

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Speaking of the draft how many hours did everyone watch? I hate to say it but I probably watched a good 6 hours and it was on in the background the whole weekend.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I watched both Thursday and Friday and portions of Saturday. If I wasn't watching, I'd check occasionally on my phone. I normally watch quite a bit of it every year.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Friday was surprisingly really good.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Watching the draft with someone knowledgable also makes it a really enjoyable experience. You don't have to listen to the guys on TV. From an entertainment standpoint, I wish there were more trades in the first round.

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just because other players cheated doesn't make it right for anyone else to. Of course its a big story because of Brady, that's pretty understandable, but that doesn't have any bearing on the fact that it damaged the credibility of the NFL and that result simply because Brady happens to like his footballs a certain way. I could be fine with a big fine too, as long as something happens. Now, these stories about "does it impact his legacy" "is he still the GOAT", those are complete bullcrap, that I can agree with. Anyways, the Pats will be fine even if they do have to roll with Jimmy Garropollo for one or two games.

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I watched about six hours. Obviously I stuck around for day one, and a lot of days two and three.

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I heard people talking about 4 games which was pretty alarmingto me. The word cheating kind of rubs me the wrong way in this whole Brady situation, it just doesn't seem bad to me.

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Doctoring the ball to gain an advantage the other team didn't have. That is cheating.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil