The Brainstorming Thread - Ways to make BigSoccer better...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It's fairly simple. Whenever a person posts two posts in quick succession without another poster posting in between, those two posts are merged into one.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    THAT would be pretty cool, if you ask me - along with the album thingy I mentioned. ;)

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I too was trying to make sense of your original post. Now I understand. ;):D

4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Ah. You were talking about nesting quotes.

I c now.

5. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm glad other people were struggling with it! Not sure about this one...Actually, now that everyone else understands it, what do you think?

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    No, actually he wasn't talking about nesting quotes. I thought he was. Now I get it. No, really this time.

I don't know if I'm keen on the combined posts deal. There would have to be exceptions made that seem complicated. Otherwise you'd have entire threads that would just be one long post.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only if no one posts between your "rants"... ;) I guess we can allow the posts to be combined during the same time frame as we are allowed to edit without the "edit footnote" appearing...otherwise, it come out as another "new" post.

8. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :eek: You mean BS actually listened and we got the countries we support back??? Thanks to the BS administration.

Now can we work on my on going 4 year campaign to get the rep in our profiles back?.....;)

9. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes - we listened. We gave you countries and we renamed supporters to clubs to make it clearer.

Rep is a no go I'm afraid. We did discuss it on Friday and Huss pointed out that he's been over this a few times (if you've been campaigning for 4 years you've probably heard it a few times)...

But 1/2 aint bad.

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can you please clarify as to what, exactly, you guys have decided against?

11. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Showing all the rep you've given -- wasn't that the request?

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes, that was one. Another was having the ability to see all the rep we've ever received.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll respect you all's opinion and final decision, but out of curiosity, why do you think it is not a good idea for us to see who we have repped?

14. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Back when the rep was in our profiles there would be threads where people would ask for rep and even negative rep to get the most red dots or people would do things solely for rep. Basically people were abusing the system. In a way I don't understand because I would think that Huss would want the most posts possible, on the other hand I could see how he didn't want the quality of the forum to go down.

My argument was that it was a little reward for all the time we spend here on BS and to let others know who was a quality poster. I don't really ever expect it to come back. Maybe in a skin for the premium users, the current soccer365 one at the bottom isn't as good as the premium ones with no ads.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...what? Abusing the system???? What system?? Reps are intended to add fun.

And those rep threads...guess what? Those threads still exist. As a matter of fact, I go there on occasion because I can no longer give out some reps to certain posters who I feel deserve it for their contributions on the boards I frequent because I get the "must spread rep..." message, so it is easier for me to dump a few reps over in those threads.

I remember some one called them them "dangerous" because they were unfair and cheating the rep sustem...LOL, really? Who freaking cares? It's not like some one gets a free car at the end of the day - heck, not even a pat on the back so I don't understand the paranoia toward the "rep clicks" as they were called. :rolleyes:

What I want to know, is why the powers that be feel it is not a good idea for me, not anyone else, but me, to see who I have repped in the past and why.

16. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

I agree that it didn't work.

That being said, if someone has a negative rep history, I wish they would get a symbol under their avatar.

Sometimes I find myself say "Am I overreacting here".
    It would be reassuring if I knew others thought the same person was an ass also. ;) :p

Like this [​IMG]

17. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I suspect it falls under the "don't take rep too seriously" mantra. That's why all of our rep counts were reset to zero a while back.

18. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I hear you all but I don't think Huss is budging on this one. Might be wiser to shift your attention to other things you'd like to change on the site that we can push for.

19. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mobile site pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee

20. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    for blackberry :)

21. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    smart phone apps

22. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I know I know. I'm a Blackberry user too, but when I look at the numbers, the vast majority of BS users on mobile iPhone - so we're concentrating on that first and will get to Blackberry eventually...Get an iPad?

23. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I should be able to post in my profile.....even with a yellow.:)

24. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no thanks I already have plenty of laptops. :)

25. j710

j710 New Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    a kudos/thank you system like in lithium/v-bull