The Brainstorming Thread - Ways to make BigSoccer better...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jun 22, 2008.

1. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Instead of making a multitude of different formations, is it possible to change the code and allow the user to type it in formation they want prior to the list of names?

2. Pajaro Negro

Pajaro Negro Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    ColoRADo
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just bought a $113 jersey from BS. It'd be nice to get a free gold upgrade to the site. Might attract more sales.

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many years ago, a "one week" (or similar short-term) free preview of BSSC was discussed, but it was judged to be too hard to bump everyone up and then bump them back down.

OTOH, a preview "Spend at least $XX in the next X days at the BigSoccer store and get one week of BSSC" would be an interesting promotion.

4. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok - I've been re-reading the last 20 or so pages to refresh my memory.

I get what you're saying about making other formations possible and we can get that going down the line. Other key points seem to be:

-rep: show the list of who it's been given to, when, type
    -mobile site & blackberry app
    -additional formations/custom formations
    -improved load times (this should be looking better)

The Blackberry app is unfortunately not likely to happen any time in the near future, though it's definitely something we're aware that you want.

Additional formations should be something we can do.

Mobile site - I'd like to do this. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Rep - I'll get back to you on these.

5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    At one point in time I did see a "rep given" section next to the "rep received" section on our My BigSoccer page. Isn't it just a matter of flipping a switch to turn this feature back on?

6. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Another site I frequent has done this:

We have included some accented characters and Spanish punctuation marks in the editor toolbar. Now, you can click the letters to insert an accented character (like á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ, ¿ and ¡) if your keyboard is not capable.

¿Por favor?

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gracias...how about the letter " ö " for Löw and Özil. :)

8. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a plugin for vbulletin forums called BerryBlab that helps Blackberry users. Check it out.

9. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for putting the WPS teams in. However, people in World Rivalries are going to make fun of me for supporting a womens team. Could people that select WPS teams get temporary mod power to issue Yellow Cards as a means of self-defense? Or at least -3 neg rep power?

10. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América

[​IMG]

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would it be possible to get a list of all the Supporters and all the Foes of each club?

12. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Do you mean every single possible combination?

13. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    While you are at it, could you also list all the possible ways to make change for a $10,000 bill? :p
    [​IMG]

14. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I think he's asking to be able to click, say, "Blackburn Rovers" and get a list of BigSoccer users who have listed it as their team of choice (along with another list of those who have it as a foe).

It's a good idea in theory, but doesn't this place have like 150,000 registered users at this point?

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but how many of those users are banned or voluntarily left the site? How many of those users are sockpuppets?

I'd guess that out of 150,000 "users," you'd see a far lower number actually take part in the list.

16. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I don't think anyone would have to actively take part. Users already list their "supporters" and "foes" (e.g., Columbus Crew/Chicago Fire for you). So theoretically it would just be a matter of collating that existing info.

I have no idea whether that's possible, and I personally have no interest in that sort of function. But I'm pretty sure that's what the poster was getting at: He sees that BigSoccer users already denote their favorite/foe teams, and he's wondering if there's a way to list them in one spot, by team.

That's why it wouldn't matter if people are active users or former users. If they've got an account here that lists Blackburn Rovers as a foe, they'd wind up in a Blackburn Rovers list.

17. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's funny right there...I don't care who you are....:D And repped for it....

18. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think I see what's being asked here. It sounds like something we could keep in mind for the future but not a function compared to other things such as, for example, a new version of the iPhone app, etc.

Have you guys checked out the La Liga component of the Prediction Game? What do you think?

19. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Favorite team Is it possible to add this function, please?

To be clear, my favorite teams would look like

(Avatar)

Supporter: Juventus, Italian NT, San Jose Earthquakes

I hope that makes sense.:eek:

Thanks for your help, and for an a great forum

20. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok, so you're looking to incorporate national teams, is that right? In your case, e.g. Italy?

21. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly, sir. In a manner of speaking, NT would be treated no differently than any other non NT side. :)

22. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok, got it. Thanks.

I'd be interested to hear - is this something that other people would like to see too?

23. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol Cougarlife.com. I can only assume (in a World Cup year) BigSoccer expects sizeable growth in the 15-24 demographic by providing a cutting-edge, socially-progressive expansion of dating options for BS members. Theoretically, cougarlife.com accoutrements should prove to be a boon to MLS ticket sales. Could you please persuade cougarlife.com to open a new section for "Cougars Who Work for South African Airways or Virgin Atlantic and Have Extra Tickets for Brazil-Portugal."

24. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prior to drop down menus, many posters had their national team listed.

25. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fabregasfan, you're asking the wrong questions. Just do it.

It's a World Cup year and now more than ever people want to show which NT they support. In this case it's just a matter of adding entries to a list. What could possibly go wrong?

And in regards to the "show rep I've given" option, why can't you just add a checkbox to our preferences page that enables it? Leave it unchecked by default. Those of us that want to see it can enable it ourselves. You won't be shoving something into everyone's face, so there shouldn't be any complaints. Your servers also wouldn't experience any unmanageable load or stress.

One way to make bigsoccer better is to actually MAKE bigsoccer better.