The boy from Inferninho - The Antony Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    United 16 repped this.
  2. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    How’s everyone feel he’s doing so far?

3. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Very well given the short body of work and new surroundings.

But, I do feel he's clearly playing within himself. I think he's playing conservatively, especially when it comes to take ons. But, that's probably a good thing. The last thing he needs is an unsettled fan base on his back fir silly turnovers after some stupid trick.

Deadtigers repped this.
  4. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I haven't been able to watch at all since the queen died. Haven't really been able to watch even when I have the game on. Doesn't sound like i've missed much though. I have been looking forward to watching him though.

5. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    His finishing has been far more composed than I expected.

But, like I said, he hasn't been as exhilarating as I expected. More considered and conservative.

Sofabloke, benni... and Chaz Striker repped this.
  6. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im happy so far.

I was disappointed to hear Scholes allegedly call him a one trick pony.

The typical comments you get from a certain demographic of supporters, but he's show a lot of what players like Rashford and Martial have been questioned on lately. Spirit. Fight. Passion. He tracks back willingly and on time and it doesnt look like a chore to him. Despite being small, he's ready to fight for almost every ball.

He's will to press and work hard.

JC7rox, Sofabloke and Chaz Striker repped this.
  7. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Need to take players on more, maybe that is just getting used to a better league. He is our primary dribbler.

8. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Dont care much about dribble if end results are fine, keep on scoring from RW we have missed that since Mase plus he is a good carrier.

9. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He'll get better. Both he and Sancho

10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought he was good yesterday. He finally starting running at defenders a bit more. Final ball was lacking but I’m not worried.

Sancho is more worrying. He’s been here long enough that we should be expecting more from him. I think he’ll benefit from having a more dynamic striker if we can finally replace Ronaldo is January or next summer. He’s not fast enough to really get in behind defenders so he needs a more active 9 to play off of. Currently he just has Ronaldo standing in the box holding up his arm for a cross.

11. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wrote last season off for Sancho, like I did for all the other players. I think he's playing within himself but he's started the season well enough. He'll improve with time.

12. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1592508207255420928 is not a valid tweet id

13. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

SF19 repped this.
  14. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  15. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    "Elastico the drug dealers" should be how we rename this thread if he really gets to be that good.

Pulp repped this.
  16. Pulp

Pulp Member+

Feb 13, 2013
    TO / CA
    Despite it being against Nottingham Forest, I thought he had arguably his best game for us yesterday. He looked extremely dynamic, had a goal and assist, and even used his right foot. His defensive work cannot be underestimated either.

Deadtigers, Sofabloke and thefly repped this.
  17. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    No, but its much leas corny than the current

18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He was pretty solid against Sevilla as well. He's playing more direct and his decision making is improving.

19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Apparently, his ex-gf has filed a police report that he assaulted her. Too early to say if theres any credibility here, but after the Greenwood fiasco having another domestic abuse case for a United player is a bad look.

20. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. thefly

thefly Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #46 thefly, Jun 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Bunch of online reports (for what its worth) that state that the alleged assault was May 20 but he played against Bournemouth that day

EDIT: Saw another report which states that he verbally assaulted over the phone on May 20 and a physical assault was prior

22. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hopefully this is just a false accusation deal but if he did physically and/or sexually assault her he can ******** off with Greenwood. This is becoming all too common.

23. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    So lets sign Diaby from Leverkusen.

24. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    i won't jump to any conclusions with this supposed story. i'll need reasonable proof. though it wouldn't bother me too much if it came to the worst case scenario.

we overpaid, he's not been great and i was never a fan of his behaviour. so many people had the energy to bitch about and crucify Ronaldo and conveniently ignored his tantrum and strike at Ajax when he couldn't get the move initially.

not to make a connection with his attitude then to this alleged incident but it won't help if it does end up to be true

25. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    This. I’m genuinely depressed at how often we’re getting hit by news like this, whether it’s Giggs, or Butt, or us signing Ronaldo again, or Greenwood.

I don’t care about the loss of talent - Antony has genuinely been good this season, people not seeing it is their problem. I don’t care about the loss of money - that’s been happening for a decade anyway.

I care about how shit it is to support players who turn out to be rapists and/or domestic abusers. And if this turns out to be true, especially the part about club doctors treating this woman after she got injured - even if we were to kick Antony out, the trust is wearing paper ********ing thin now.

Futbol_Head, MizzouMUFC and JayBoy repped this.