The **Boca Jrs 2007** Thread (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Time for a new thread ... to shake off all the bad karma from the previous coach. Not even gonna mention his name in this post.

Russo is close to becoming the coach. I'll switch ANY title to get Russo and slash the previous coach from Boca's history.

Russo has done wonders with the youngsters. His calm and intelligent procedures to bring them along the first team in a GRADUAL way gives the youngsters the confidence and the security that was missing in the past months. And of course know the value of the experienced ... knows how to buy.

Fecha de Nacimiento: 09/04/56
    Lugar de Nacimiento: Valentín Alsina (Buenos Aires)
    Trayectoria como jugador: Estudiantes de La Plata (1975/88)
    Títulos ganados como jugador: Campeón torneo Metropolitano 1982 y Campeón Torneo Nacional 1983
    Trayectoria como Director Técnico: Lanús (1989/94), Estudiantes de La Plata (1994/95), Universidad de Chile (1996), Rosario Central (1997/98), Salamanca de España (1998/99), Colón de Santa Fe (1999), Lanús (1999/00), Morelia de México (2000/01), Rosario Central (2002/04) y Vélez Sársfield desde enero de 2005
    Títulos ganados como entrenador: Campeón Ascenso Nacional "B" con Lanús (temporada 1989/1990), campeón Torneo Nacional "B" con Lanús (temporada 1991/1992), campeón Torneo Nacional "B" con Estudiantes de La Plata (temporada 1994/1995) y campeón Torneo Clausura 2005 con Vélez Sársfield

[​IMG]

Immediately, the names of Marioni and Villagra have been brought. 2 positions where Boca surely needs fresh faces to confront the Libertadores and the Clausura. There is a big possibility too that Somoza, now at Villarreal, can be loaned to Boca for the Libertadores. There is a close relation between Boca and Villarreal for years now. This would cover the departure of Gago.

I will post in a couple hours an interview between Niembro and Russo ... and Marioni. A highlite of Russo's interview is "I can play with an enganche if I have a 5 like Somoza". Thanx "barba" ... that's exactly what most Boca fans wanted to hear.

This interview is from yesterday afternoon:

Russo Interview with Mariano Closs 12-14-06 - HTTP - mp3 - 6 min - 3MB

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Re: The **boca Jrs 2007** Thread

Great news all around. I'd love to see Somoza at Boca and I wouldn't mind Marioni either.

3. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  4. Enganche

Enganche Red Card

Apr 30, 2003

Oh please why would Villarreal loan a player like Somoza, who starts for them, to Boca? You have to stop believing all the crap rumors which come out of the Argentinian press.

5. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think most of theese (rumors) that come out of Argentina contain much more fact than fiction. i don't think it is a crap rumor . i think the Argentinian press is one of the most proffesional ,educated you will find ...

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  7. LN-Jonas

LN-Jonas New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Alexandria.VA
    Russo es el nuevo técnico de Boca

Russo es el nuevo técnico de Boca

El entrenador se reunió con Raúl Gámez y acordó su desvinculación de Vélez, que era la principal traba para su llegada al Xeneize. Russo será presentado a las 19 en conferencia de prensa, en la Bombonera.

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

What a difference ... Russo arrives to the press conference where he is presented as Boca's new coach and wears a blue and yellow tie. As oppossed to the clown we had prior to him that wore a red tie and white shirt.

Marioni and Clemente Rodriguez are the most probable first signings. Boca might also go look for another goalie ... Bobadilla hasn't really convinced.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

That's harsh. He's had a few slips here and there but he also had some great saves. I thought he had a pretty good Apertura.

10. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

Who's Marioni?

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

He's an Argentine striker who plays for Toluca. He had a pretty good Sudamericana this year and I believe he was top scorer in the Mexican league.

12. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Boba'dilla SUCKED . isnt Lux looking for a job??
    I think Castroman is joking he knows who Marioni is, unless he's been living under a rock...

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

A 31 year old Argentine striker who plays for Toluca.. In Argentina he played for Newell's, Estudiantes, and Independiente, but I don't remember him being too successful.. Then he went to Mexico and was the top goal scorer (16 goals in 17 games) for Pumas, being a key part of their bicampeonato.. He also was important for them reaching the finals of the Sudamericana 2005 (he was top scorer, again, with 7 goals in 8 games).. He's been at Toluca for about a year now, and helped them win the championship, being top goal scorer with 13 goals..

As you may see, he's been switching teams, but almost always ended up being top goal scorer.. Then again, that's the Mexican league.. We'll have to see how he'd do in Argentina (he says he wants to return, and River, Boca, Velez, Newell's, and a few other teams want him).. If he doesn't return to Argentina, he says he is going to retire (you have to remember that he already is 31 years old).

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

If Marioni comes to Boca we'll have a shitload of strikers. Palermo, Palacio, Guille, Boselli, Marioni. The Palacio/Marioni partnership would be awesome but it just seems more logical for him to go to River now that they sold Higuain.

How much do you think he'll cost?

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

I believe he is free ... and has his trnasfer in his hands That would mean a decent contract and that's it.

Important to know ... he was going to move to Velez as Russo had talked to him. Now he will come to Boca.

He is good because he has power and is fast enuff. And scores. Palermo has never been fast, and for the counter I think Marioni would be perfect. Plus Boca is seriously going for BOTH tournies this coming semester.

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Well he still is under contract with Toluca until June so it might cost some money.

17. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Mariano Closs interviews Leandro Somoza last nite ...

HTTP - mp3 - 2.5 MB - 5'

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Regarding Somoza:

"Hasta ahora no recibimos ningún llamado de Boca. Leandro está muy cómodo en Villarreal, pero si la propuesta es seria, lo analizaría... Boca es Boca", le dijo a Olé, Martín Guastadisegno, representante del Flaco de 25 años.

19. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Where did you hear of Clemente possibly coming to Boca? In terms of Bobadilla, I don't know why so much was expected of him. He had 1 good Libertadores (especially against Los Pechos Frios/Gallinas de River) and 3 games in the World Cup. Overall, I think he did OK with Boca - very replaceable. I have heard of Oscar Cordoba wanting to play in South America again, I would LOVE to have him a member of the Xeneizes again...

20. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

They mentioned it in Ole. Apparently it was a possibility since Basile was still coach and now that Krupo is out it seems it might happen.

21. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

The Boca reporter at La Red asked Macri about it. He said it is the 1st choice, if not Villagra.

As for goalies, they mentioned the possibility of Cordoba abd Calero (thou I highly doubt Calero would leave Pachuca).

Heard from Niembro on Friday that next December, for the Club World Cup, the winners of the Sudamericana (Pachuca) and the UEFA Cup will add to the 6 others, making it 8 teams. I bet many teams will want to win the Sudamericana now. ;)

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

[​IMG]

Russo seems to be very confident and very happy about his role as Boca's new manager.

Regarding Gago apparently the deal is close to being finished. They are in the last talks now, Boca wants 22 million Euros but hey might just settle for 20.

Somoza says that he's really happy about the interest from Boca. That he found out about it from his family.

"Me costó mucho llegar acá, pero Boca es Boca" :D. Good signs.

23. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

In my humble opinion... Since the talks picked-up between Real Madrid and Boca for Gago, about the transfer, about his departure date, EVERYTHING -- Gago hasn't played his best. I am actually anxious for them to finalize the deal so that Russo can get HIS team ready to go...

:D

24. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu

i see vip went recruiting for some bosta fans :)

25. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu

Like I said before,he had an awesome series in the libertadores but once he went to boca it was going to be a different story.

pecho frios? like for example losing to belgrano needing a win to be champs or maybe like needing just a tie with lanus to become champs with just one point,no? how bout choking to el pincha after being up 1-0? thats a perfect example of pecho frio along with your fans that dont even fill up their own stadium when being in first.se quedaron sin el pan y la torta,ni el clasico ni el campeonato.

bienvenido amargo and another one...;)