The Blogs are saying it Was Rove who Outed Plame

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Northcal19, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    I seriously think this is true. If you can support GWB at this juncture in history, you are either not paying attention or anything the Reeps do is okay. From the budget defecits, to the BS stories about Saddam/9-11 to outing CIA agents, for this administration absolutely nothing they have done has turned out well.

2. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My post fixing highlights a crucial difference. If you're a member of the extremist wing of the Reep Party, a CEO or trust fund kid, things have been going just fine under Bush as they did under Clinton. All I can say is thank Poku for Alan Greenspan because if the Bushies had as much influence on the economy as he does, we'd be really screwed.

3. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
  4. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    You are right, people should not hide behind lawyers, especially if they did nothing wrong. Only problem is that innocence is not always a good defence. BTW what were Clinton's legal bills? 12 mil? or something like that. Any sort of government prosecuter with an axe to grind can ruin an innocent person.

It would be really funny if Rove set up his own legal defence fund into which some would surely contribute. Just for the shear comedy of it, I would like to see that happen.

5. dj43

dj43 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Nor Cal
    There is no doubt in my mind that if Newsweek or any other major media outlet had any proof at all the Rove actually was responsible for the leak, they would have published it.

Just think back to all of the marginal reports that were published, with far less on the line than this. Dan Rather went to press with nothing but made up documents and the obvious intent to influence an election.

This is looking more and more like a smokescreen to gain leverage over the SC nom, which is the big apple right now.

We shall see.

6. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    At first, I thought that was a picture of Truman Capote.

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, then your mind needs to be fixed. Novak knows for a fact who the leakers were, but he hasn't published the name. At least 5 other journos know for a fact who the leakers were, and yet it remains a mystery. And if I'm not mistaken, one of them is at Newsweek.

9. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (

C'mon now, lots of staight guys go out in teal shirts and salmon colored baseball caps. He hardly looks fruity at all ! ;)

So Jeff Gannon said he is a 'top'. I guess that makes the turd blossum a 'bottom'. Eeewwwww. :eek:

10. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper's going to testify.

11. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm...Rove falling on his sword?

12. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    I have a $20 that says it's his patsy-du-jour.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miller's been ordered to jail.

14. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But her compatriot in ink, fellow reporter Matt Cooper of Time, agreed to testify:
    "I am prepared to testify and I will comply," Cooper told Hogan Wednesday.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161677,00.html

15. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Geez - it ain't the time to be a successful businesswoman these days.

Martha, Little Kim, Judith Miller...

16. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any real love of Judy "WMD" Miller but jail time in a case like this is just being vindictive and isn't going to solve anything.

17. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but did you just compare Lil Kim to Judith Miller?

18. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Why sure. I kinda hoped both would go to jail.

One to rot, and one to star in a reality-tv women's prison show reminascant of 70's & 80's jailbabes movies.

19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure hope you're talking about L'il Kim.

20. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bush called him over a plate of waffles this morning and promised a full pardon. ;)

21. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Four months in a D.C. jail might make her appreciate the importance of providing Judge Hogan what he asked for and sets a standard for the media. While it does touch on "vindictive" I can understand and appreciate why judges resort to this occasionally.

"...Miller was taken into federal custody by two court marshalls and will be transported to a Washington, D.C., prison. She will remain there until October..."
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161677,00.html

22. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that he's already got two reporters talking -- Cooper and Novak. Provided that they're telling the same story, the prosecutor has his corroborating witness already, and all the judge has done is make her into a sympathetic victim.

There are only two circumstances where Miller's testimony is critical today:
    1. Cooper and Novak are not telling the same story, in which case someone's in trouble for perjury (I'm looking at you, Mr. Novak).
    2. Miller was told by someone else, and she told Cooper and/or Novak.

#1 is less likely because the prosecutor didn't know that until he got Cooper's notes last week. If it's #2, then she should be pleading the 5th, not the 1st, because she's just as guilty as her original source.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all, you're probably right, but you don't KNOW that. You don't know what the prosecutor suspects she knows. EDIT: you covered this in a later post. However, you're likely wrong about one thing. If Miller found out about Plame's status in her work as a journo, she can't be prosecuted for telling someone else. The law, I think, only applies to current or former gvt. employees. The law was passed in response to that rogue ex-CIA agent from the early 80's (Hunt?) who was spilling all kinds of secrets, some of which weren't prosecutable because nobody had written a law to cover them yet.

Second, the media are f'ing up on this one. I understand the sanctity of the source and all that, but really, the purpose of that protection is to enhance investigative journalism. This case is the opposite extreme...a thuggish outing of a CIA employee working under NOC in order to intimdate anyone else from questioning the Stupid Pointless War. Journos going to the mattress on this is of a piece with the use of anonymous sources to spin, or do briefings on official gvt. policy. Media ethics are being used by this administration against the media.

Media people are too stupid to put limits on or re-define journalistic ethics, so, unfortunately, prosecutors and judges are doing it for them. If journos self-policed better, we wouldn't be here.

24. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    First of all, you don't KNOW that.

25. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    I think he's been falling on Jeff Gannon's sword. :p

Note: Sorry for the gay humour, I couldn't care one way or another about a person's sexual orientation (except I think lesbians are pretty hot ;) ) but it cracks me up that this rabidly anti-gay Whitehouse is just so light in its loafers. Oh the irony....