The Bitters vs Liverpool FC - EPL - June 21 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Mar 12, 2020.

1. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I thought that was an FA Cup tie? no?

2. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Should be ready for Wednesday according to Klopp.

3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    newcastle

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nah ...

The Japanese guy is a very good player with a quick mind and a good touch... No idea why Klopp took him off at half-time today .... he was worht another 20 mins at least

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    good

thnx. I stand corrected. Well, that's good. they have to play Chelsea just before they play us ... that's tough!
    ;)

6. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He wasn't giving trent much to work with.

Anyone could see that

7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trent was pretty poor himself today as well.

delaynomo repped this.
  8. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Fabinho and Lovren were poor. TAA wasted a lot of dead ball. Otherwise a very average performance all round.

speker repped this.
  9. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool can win the league by drawing every remaining game as long as Citeh doesn't win out, right?:eek:

10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have heard that Klopp is treating these matches as pre-season friendlies which would explain the substitutions.

11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    disagree. After the first 5 mins (bad backwards header), Fab was good. Was breaking up everything.

12. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think Milner will be just fine - he walked off without a limp, sat in the stands instead of going to the treatment room, and only needed an ice pack instead of medical attention. He's experienced enough to know when a muscle isn't 'right' and to be cautious. Don't see it being more serious than that.

13. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We could draw 6 and lose three and still win the league.
    If one of the draws is against citeh then the league is clinched as they'd need a perfect record to overtake us.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  14. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    We’ve seen worse and even if Davies’ shot had gone in, we would still have seen worse. It had all the feel of the Community Shield rather than a pre-season friendly. They were the 6th and 7th points we’ve dropped all season, but Ancelotti was right - a draw was the right result but Everton had the better chance to win it.

Keita looked sharp, Minamino less so. Firmino off the pace a little, Mané looking his usual. TAA wasteful with the final ball too often. Gomez looked a better attacker than Milner but we missed Robertson. Henderson authoritative without being exceptional. AOC a bit anonymous as was Wijnaldum. Fabinho looked good in places but didn’t exert his usual influence. VVD and Matip were fine but Lovern is his usual self - he’s just not comfortable 1 on 1.

But, yeah, Alisson!

Wingtips1, LiverpoolFanatic and Suss repped this.
  15. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Did anyone else mute the game to see if a plane was flying outside the house? :)

usscouse and newterp repped this.
  16. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You gotta love Millie , doesn't mince his words.

A key feature of being present at a game behind-closed-doors is an ability to hear the communication between the players.

From Jordan Pickford's words of encouragement for Richarlison through to Virgil van Dijk's shouting of his own name as he goes up for the next header, it was all audible at Goodison Park.

But the most cutting soundbite of the day came when James Milner disputed his yellow card in the first half.

After being cautioned by the official for a tackle on Richarlison near the touchline, it was fair to surmise that the Liverpool veteran was unhappy with the decision.

"That's f****** bull**** that!" was Milner's withering critique of Dean's call.

Delivered in the broadest of Yorkshire accents, it was impossible not to see the funny side of Milner's ire.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...rpool-news-transfers-rumours-dembele-18463309

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  17. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    especially because Richarlison bumped into his own player first and then decided to swan dive and roll for effect.

Also that ********er is the one that injured Matip.

LiverpoolFanatic and speker repped this.
  18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yep , I thought Richarlison played a chippy game yesterday , tried to agitate more than once along with his usual over exaggerating any contact.

19. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And he set it all up pre-game by trying to rile LFC up by claiming VvD was not the best defender...

20. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They all were we are just ticking over the line it's the reason why we got dumped out of all the cups

21. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I dunno. There's an element of over analysis to football these days.
    If the everton defender had missed the block on Minamino's turning shot at the end of the best move of the game then we would be looking at a 1-0 achieved with one of the goals of the season.
    We pretty much outplayed Athletico Madrid but Adrian went AWOL ....

owian and Red Bird repped this.
  22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atletico Madrid leg 2 was one of our best performances of the season as noted...just was undone by some poor goal keeping.

owian and Red Bird repped this.
  23. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    usscouse and Samarkand repped this.
  24. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Such an anticlimactic game after all the waiting. I was pretty much bummed out as the game went on. To me I felt it was just a continuation of the downturn we were experiencing before the cut off. Palace gave us fits last time out, I just hope Klopp has some answers for this lackluster play and spirit we’re showing.

That’s all I have to say about that!

25. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeah, then I actually wondered why they would play a canned sound bite that involved the plane.