The Bitter End :: The USA vs The April, May & June Primaries :: Pre, PBP & Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

---

“Till the last dog dies!”

(Or June 14, whichever comes first.)

---

April 5

Wisconsin Primary

April 9

Wyoming Democratic Caucus

April 19

New York Primary

April 26

Rhode Island Primary
    Delaware Primary
    Maryland Primary
    Pennsylvania Primary
    Connecticut Primary

May 3

Indiana Primary

May 7

Guam Democratic Caucus

May 10

West Virginia Primary
    Nebraska Republican Primary

May 17

Kentucky Democratic Primary
    Oregon Primary

May 24

Washington State Republican Primary

June 4

Virgin Islands Democratic Caucus

June 5

Puerto Rico Democratic Caucus

June 7

New Mexico Primary
    New Jersey Primary
    North Dakota Democratic Caucus
    South Dakota Primary
    California Primary (The Best Primary!)
    Montana Primary

June 14

District of Columbia Democratic Primary

---

Abandon all hope, you who vote Bernie!

Ted puts the Cruz in cruising.

Hillary [​IMG] Fabian

Never gonna Trump you up,
    Never gonna Trump you down,
    Never gonna Trump around and unTrump you.

John, why are you still here?

---

Remember, America, though you failed,
    the important thing is that you tried.

But that’s the last time.

[​IMG]

-- for now --

Eat your vegetables.

Floss regularly.

Stop doing that disgusting
    thing you’re always doing.
    (You know the thing!)

-- and --

HAIL GRIMES!

2. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    My work takes me into rural Western Wisconsin on a regular basis. Last week I saw a grain silo with Trump 2016 painted onto an American flag background. Very elaborate with good artistic qualities. Must have taken that farmer an entire weekend. I only wish I would have pulled over to take a picture.

Yesterday I saw a guy in a red Elantra with two big bumper stickers ... 'Marco Rubio' and 'Never Trump'. And the guy was texting while driving. I'm pretty sure it was MatthausSammer checking his BigSoccer on a cross country trip.

Mattbro, song219, uclacarlos and 3 others repped this.
  3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Oh, come on @MatthausSammer ...

You know it's not right to text and drive!

American Brummie and MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Darn it all, you guys are right!

Smurfquake repped this.
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On a different note, Cruz better hope he gets a a W in North Dakota tomorrow and in Wisconsin on the 5th, because my goodness, then you have a nightmarish stretch in the Northeast in which Trump will likely open up a can of whoop-ass on Cruz and serve him 6 consecutive losses (New York, Delaware, Conneticut, Rhode Island, Maryland, Pennsylvania) before he hits more friendly territory in Indiana. And given that the Northeast is also where Kasich has a great shot at beating Ted for second, the Cruz campaign can be expected to be on the ropes coming out of April 26 and potentially crippled. But if Cruz survives that, on the plus side he can probably hit back with a winning streak of his own since the western states probably aren't as enthralled as the rest with Trump.

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I am so ready for this shit to be over. Really depressing that we have over 7 more months to go. And then the next election starts the next day.

Boloni86 repped this.
  7. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There are a couple of murals of Bernie painted on walls of buildings in Denver. Including one that has a bird with him. Nothing for any other candidate on either side.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Indeed, it is glorious!

9. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Yep ... in Minneapolis where I live it's ground zero for Bernie yard signs, t shirts, bumper stickers .... And Obama ... Actually I see more Obama stuff than all the current candidates combined ... The only other national candidate that made a dent here recently is Ron Paul '12

10. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Stop complaining. Remember when the likes of Paul, Jindal and Pataki were running. There were so many candidates there was a preliminary event debate. Buck up. We've come so far. :D

MatthausSammer repped this.
  11. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    OK this got me thinking back to the halcyon days of summer. All you libs 'fess up - who among the gop field worried you as a candidate? By worried I mean horrified you and you thought they had a chance of getting the nomination?

Trump was not on my list for obvious reasons; he is an obnoxious buffoon. Cruz was not on my list because everyone hates his guts, so I figured he was not a threat. So, wrong on both of those. I was concerned about Walker. Also Bush until it became clear how bad he is as a campaigner. Minor worries about Christie (between the bridge thing and just being from NJ I didn't give him much of a chance) and Rubio (I saw him as an empty suit early on, but boy did it take a long time for everyone else to figure it out).

Pretty much everyone else I wrote off as delusional (if they thought they had a chance). Guys like Pataki and Gilmore - WTF? Say you are running for president, then don't do any campaigning or fund raising? What was that about?

superdave repped this.
  12. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Scott Walker. He quit the GOP race way too early. He actually occupied that sweet spot between angry GOP, evangelical GOP, and establishment GOP. But he stalled out immediately, basically because his campaign was a mess.

13. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    You mean President Ron Paul? Who rode that wave of millennial enthusiasm all the way to the White House?

Sorry, I can't help myself. Apologies in advance to Qbert or whoever the guy with the toilet avatar is.

14. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I don't think a single one of them worried me due to the fact that a) the GOP has a horrible demographic problem and b) it's been obvious for a long time now that a candidate can't get through the Republican Primaries without either being an extremist or becoming one just to get the nomination. That being said, if they somehow find a way to give Kasich the nomination I would be a bit unsettled.

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Funkfoot , Gilmore and Pataki ran because they had money left over from previous campaigns and felt that was the best way to spend it.
    Yeah, he had to quit because he'd spent all the money he'd raised. He was grifted to death.

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I said from the beginning that this year's field was very, very deep in that there were almost a dozen candidates that would have been #2 last time.

But they were all second rate to Romney. Who wasn't that great to begin with.

17. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Wisconsin tomorrow. Wyoming on Saturday.

And then Bernie's wild ride should all but be over.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought it already was?

Boloni86 repped this.
  19. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Mathematically it has been for a long time.

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed. Also, I have to kind of laugh at Bernie's pleas for super-delegates to respect "democracy" in their states by voting for him if they're from states where he won. "Democracy" dictates a majority of Democratic voters prefer Hilary Clinton, but apparently that doesn't count.

21. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Last poll has Bernie up 2 points in WI :D ... of course that doesn't meet the 57% target, so essentially a loss.

Knave repped this.
  22. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    His campaign demurred when asked if delegates in states Clinton won should do the same.

And they stole a couple delegates in Nevada over the weekend.

But Saint Bernie is so pure ...

23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The target's been updated from 54% to 57%?

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Knave, you've been right much more often than I when it came to this election. Is there a state in the April 26 slate where you think Cruz could pull out a win? Or is that going to be solely "Trump-smash"?

25. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I really haven't thought about that.