The Biggest Problem with Chivas USA

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by BVgolski07, Oct 24, 2007.

1. BVgolski07

BVgolski07 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Marchetti's "marketing teams/players" he introduced an idea of having a weekend where all the teams would play a international friendly. One of the games brought up several times was ChivasUSA vs. ChivasDG. I think this would be an awesome event that could perhaps really raise awareness of CUSA. A win would certainly gain the support of many mexican-american fans I believe. But wouldn't this be an embarrasment for the owner? As this league moves forward, teams will be looking to spend more and more money on players and creating the best team possible. Won't the Chivas owner always put the original team first in terms of recruiting players, spending money, advertisement? Yes he could have two very successful clubs, but I'm not sure he would ever put more money into a stateside club, which will be neccessary as more and more MLS sides reach the level of the MFL and begin to surpass.

2. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vergara's plan is to invest a lots of money to make the youth system one of the best in the country, than its pretty much sit down and count the money the club generates.

Both Chivas USA and Guadalajara have different needs. El Guadalalalara doesnt spend much money on transfers cuz we develope our own talent and maybe buy one big Mexican star. Chivas USA on the other hand does have the opportunity to buy big name foreign stars but Vergara has already made the youth system, so I wouldnt be surpriced Chivas USA developes their own players also in the future.

3. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has he done that in the past with saprissa? he has owned both for a while now.
    Honestly I haven't seen him at a game all year. I am sure he talks to Cue but don't think he's really too involved with the decisions.

Much like AEG every team is run as a separate business and do not co mingle when it come to making business decisions.

Chivas has some issues but I don't this being one. IMO if they were have International friendlies I think it would be better to play America, Santos Cruz Azul ect, the other Mexican teams. Why not try to convert their fan base that heres in the US to support Chivas in the states. If Chivas Guad and Chivas USA played and Chivas USA did play all the Chivas haters would just say it fixed to boost the crappy attendance we are having.The Chivas Guad fans will all say its a friendly we let you win. Its a lose lose for Chivas. Let us meet in the SuperLiga when both teams have something on the line.