Post-match: The Biggest Manchester Derby Ever

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by StuMCFC, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Almir11

Almir11 Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    link boys ?

2. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    KOMPANY!

Halftime 1-0.

Frenetic pace, we have been the better team. United looking on the counter. They are hunting in packs, especially in regards to Silva and Nasri. Fantastic game.

4. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just hoping that my nerves and the City defense hold out.

5. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ffffuuuuullllttttiiiimmmmeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

6. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

7. GrimsbyGooner

GrimsbyGooner Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game. Hope to see you lift the title.

9. Appy Addick

Appy Addick Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Mr Noisy Neighbour says: So, what was that you said about winning the Premiership tonight, Wayne...??

Well played blues. The whole football world wants to see you do it.

Remember, there are a lot of cockneys who AREN'T United hangers on. Regards

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gratz guys. Was great to see the fans and Maradona go crazy at the end.

Hope you guys go on and win the league.

11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well played fellas. Now, don't cock it up in the run in.

12. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Newcastle away being the biggest test left . QPR havent got much of a defence so thats a banker .

13. titof1325

titof1325 New Member

Oct 8, 2011
  14. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Congrats to the City fans!

Just a win at SJP away from winning a first Premiership title, hope you win it. :)

15. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just got home and am buzzing, what a night! Atmosphere was the best at this stadium since Hamburg some years back, amazing and the United fans were silent for the entire night. 0 shots on target for them says it all really, we showed that we are a superior team. However I'm not counting my chickens yet as Newcastle away is a horrible fixture to have to play! Come on City!

16. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unbelievable game. Boys held their nerve and Utd looked poor throughout. Two more wins, although i would hate to send SWP, Barton and Nedum down. I'd be happy to see Sparky have to watch Mancini win the title after all the shit he talked about Mancini after he was sacked.

17. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pleased for the long time City fans - you have suffered plenty over the years. It's in your hands now.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. Appy Addick

Appy Addick Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a credit to City fans that they might feel some sympathy for Rangers' predicament at a time when they (City fans) have to think of themselves and their own ambitions. You guys have been where Rangers are now and know how it feels, so some humility and compassion for strugglers does you credit.

Do you think United fans would feel anything for QPR right now..? I don't think so. All they would be thinking about is themselves and their own wind and bluster.... their own self congratulation and bragging rights.

If, and it's a big if because nothing is won yet.... if City are about to become a serious challenger for multiple trophies for a number of years to come, please lads........ please don't turn into United fans in your attitudes and behaviours.

Please don't become as arrogant as them. Please don't start pathetic, childish taunts such as the ticker. Please don't forget where you came from.

Nothing is won yet and you can be darned sure United won't give the title up. It's still yet to be won, so you've got to keep encouraging the lads out there on the park. Keep supporting, keep singing and keep that belief up. I might not speak for the entire English football community, but I think I reflect the thoughts of a fair sized chunk of it when I say, "We wish you well."

And for the future..... Yes, by all means enjoy whatever success comes your way. Lord knows, it's long overdue and you've earned it. But don't change who you are. Stay City. Stay true to yourselves as genuine football fans. Keep some decency and nobility and remember that the people you pass on the way up will be the same people you pass on the way back down.

Good luck. Now.... go and win it.

20. JohnClement

JohnClement Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Briiliant ! How appropriate thet Vincent Kompany got the winner as it was his unfair suspension due to the utterly disgraceful actions of Foy which caused the mid-season blip. Lets hope that this result shows that cheats dont prosper and that it is the end of Manchester United winning game after game and trophy after trophy purely because of dishonest referees.
    I am however concerned as to who Ferguson and Riley may have appointed to referee the vital 4 matches left, so wouldnt be surprised at a reversion to type.

21. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. I would argue that this is only their second most important victory in the last twenty years. If not for what Paul Dickov and co did on May 30, 1999, City might be just another "used to be..." club scuffling around in the lower divisions.

22. Roach

Roach Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to City and their fans on the win!! Well done.

23. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The stadium was so loud last night that people could hear us in the city centre. Best atmosphere since Hamburg in the UEFA Cup 3 or 4 seasons ago IMO. :D

The annoying thing is TV doesn't do just how loud it was justice, my ears were ringing for hours after the game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCU63a69YWU&feature=player_embedded"]Man city fans after there 1-0 win over Manchester united - YouTube[/ame]

24. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true dat

25. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still think Newcastle away is a harder game than Rags home, not counting my chickens yet. Celebrating a derby win but not the league title, been following City too many years to get my hopes up too soon. If we beat Newcastle then I will believe. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znegxylF7nM&feature=player_embedded"]Final whistle mcfc 1 0 mufc 30/04/12 - YouTube[/ame]