The biggest cheats in world football (Man Cheaty?)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by speker, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Or Stevie! :eek:

2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Phew. Though I'd been rumbled.

3. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Oh, we've noticed your steroid fueled rants ...........

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wait till you hear their theorizing on Tuesday's position in any given week. Shocking how they missed it until now.

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don;t think any titles should be awarded if titles are taken away. Just my personal opinion on this.

B.A., owian and Red Bird repped this.
  6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Just to liven this thread up I’m adding another group of cheaters. One who paid the Referee’s panel so they could choose their ref for their games.
    (Suggest we modify the title :))

FC Barcelona under investigation for alleged payments made to company owned by referee body’s then-VP

CNN —
    The Barcelona Prosecutor’s Office is investigating FC Barcelona over allegations it made $1.5 million in payments over three years to a company owned by a then-leading official with Spain’s referee committee, CTA.

Spanish radio station Cadena SER reported Wednesday that the club made a series of payments to a company owned by José María Enríquez Negreira between 2016 and 2018. (And more)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/16/foot...nvestigation-for-payments-spt-intl/index.html

7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Interesting how I found that whilst watching the replay of the Barca-Manure game today.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LiverpoolFanatic and newterp repped this.
  9. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think City's financial doping helps not just in buying players, but also in selling. They have so much leverage with their players and can force them to move on at prime prices because they know there's always money in the bank to buy more.

Like, compare their midfield to ours. We held onto Ox and Keita down to their free window simply because buying replacements to force them out wasnt feasible. Meanwhile City chuck another 100 mil every summer at whatever position they please, force a churn on players, and never get stuck with people winding down their contracts. They look like they've got better FFP and transfer balance, but in reality its still just doping.

LiverpoolFanatic, newterp and SamScouse repped this.
  10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    seeing more of these articles recently. about damn time ....

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-city-guardiola-ffp-abu-dhabi-b2342593.html
    Since the summer of 2017, when Guardiola benefitted from an expenditure of over £200m that helped first shape his squad, City have claimed 543 of 675 available points. That amounts to over 80 per cent over six seasons. Needless to say, no one has ever done this over this stretch of time.

This is one crucial reason why there hasn’t been too much will around the game to discuss their greatness or Guardiola’s genius, despite profound respect for the coach and the players. It doesn’t feel like sport should. There is a growing backlash, and a willingness to point out the exact nature of the Abu Dhabi project.

As one prominent figure put it, “they have ruined our league, and we still have Newcastle United and maybe Manchester United to come”.

This is the story that an increasing number of people around football are now demanding be told, beyond the more simplistic old-fashioned narratives about fine champions or managerial genius.
    That’s also why figures within football are as eager for the outcome of the FFP case as many rival supporters. Some have discussed the idea of clubs chasing damages if the charges are proven. There is a genuine anger within the Premier League, which spiked again on Thursday with the report that the involvement of Murray Rosen KC as chair of the disciplinary commission had been challenged due the fact he is an Arsenal fan. A common view within the legal side of football is that this was “a disgrace”.

newterp and usscouse repped this.
  12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yet some media figures and game comms are embarrassing with their overtly praise of the team as if they’re a local team come good. Not the most expensive players in the world showing why they make so much money. Paid for by Arab money laundering.
    It’s a crime and shouldn’t be ignored by the because of the kick backs.

13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Borrowed this from Facebook, there were a couple of K responses and likes. Yet the media still love them. The comm are plain embarrassing.

IMG_5777.jpeg

B.A., el-capitano and SamScouse repped this.
  14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    big parts of the UK media still talk about them like they're the plucky underdogs taking on the big nasties of LFC, MU, Chelsea and Arsenal.

which of course MC's moronic fans swallow hook, line and sinker.

15. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Then in other news
    They were like No History Chelsea before the Russian Sport Washing with Abramovich.
    Now they’ve changed from a good Everton like club in the shadow of us.
    But they were always in the shade of Manure and they don’t care how they did it.

16. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My dreaming...after seeing Juve docked points for their repeated cheating, wouldn't it be great if the FA/Uefa/whoever came out with a "decision" in the next few days that didn't allow City to play in the CL final this year?!

Just say "No - they went outside the rules, they cannot play any longer in this competition this season, they will be docked ten points (going with the Juve "punishment") for each of the last five, six...eight seasons - including this season...and they will be docked ten points for the next three, five, eight seasons"...

Or something' like that...

I just really don't want them to win the Champions League...and yeah, I guess I'd rather have RM win it...again...than have MC soil the cup...

17. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 1998, I was driving down the A59 from Ripon to Harrogate while listening to a football related program on the radio. Joe Royal was talking about Man City's desire to go out of the third division. I wouldn't mind seeing them drop down to League One again...

Cheating fucks.

usscouse and speker repped this.
  18. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    AI is being put to good use, I see.

hmmm .. decades since I've been in Manchester - so it's by the sea now? good to know.

20. LiverpoolFanatic

Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    or, he's trying to distance himself from his bosses.

good luck with that. these are the kind of bosses that may not be impressed. :)

22. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Does he really give a hairy rats arse.
    He might be ready for a new challenge to up his legacy.

Just to scare the cheats.

23. LiverpoolFanatic

Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pep doesn't impress me. Let him take a job like Crystal Palace or Hibs and start winning trophies on a limited budget. That would be impressive. Managing the richest club in three countries, not so much.

delaynomo, SamScouse and B.A. repped this.
  24. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lllolollo. Was Julius Caesar on a podium somewhere speaking to the masses?

25. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is without a doubt a great manager.

But he has never managed a club with limited resources.

I would love to see him take on a real challenge.

Maybe go to Germany and take 1FCK back to the top of the world.